Pakistani Serials

Review: Zard Mausam Hum TV Review full drama

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

12JUL2012

Review: Zard Mausam Hum TV Review full drama

I have no qualms over confessing that Sania Saeed is among my favorite actresses of all times. The class she brings is unparalleled. Her mere presence can spark interest for me.

I have already given the reason I started watching this show – Sania Saeed. So, is she the only good thing about this serial or there's more? Read on to find out!

Zard Mausam is the desi version of Cinderella; well, at least, I think so. Just a few months back, I was actually discussing the possibility of adopting Cinderella and here we are.

Zard Mausam is the story of Aiman (Aiza Khan) who has to deal with her evil step-mother, played by Sania Saeed, who makes her life hell. The fact that she pretends to be all goody goody in front of the father makes it even harder for Aiman to survive. How she deals with it and how everything around her slowly changes makes the story.

That's how HUM TV presented the story. For me, it is the story of a woman (Sania Saeed) who has turned bitter thanks to the tough times. She acts nice in front of her husband, but deep inside, she is taking revenge on her step-daughter, whom she believe took everything away from her real daughters.

On paper the story looks simplistic. There's nothing special as far as the story is concerned…but don't lose hope just yet. There's more to this serial than just a one-liner.

Written by Rahat Jabeen, the serial moves at a lethargic pace, especially the initial episodes where you yawn for something exciting to happen. Honestly, it doesn't pick up until the leap. I have this one complaint with the writer, the whole thing could've easily summed up in 2-3 episodes. Why stretch it for 7 is beyond me.

Done with the rant, let me congratulate the director for amazing work. Abiz Raza with his excellent direction gives a lease of life to the serial that otherwise had nothing new to offer. The camera angles he uses are excellent. He gets great performances out of all the stars. The serial never loses the essence, which is quite a feat.

The editing is okay. The background music is dull. The promotion was subpar and I never got to hear the OST. The dialogues are good at times, but could've been better given the situations in the serial.

Now to the acting; Sania Saeed takes to this character like a fish takes to water. Looking at her portfolio, it wasn't difficult for the actress. She stands tall and comes out victorious. The helplessness and hatred she portrays at the same time is brilliant. Great job, Sania. Faisal Rehman, another legend, performs well. The actor is good, but my only problem is that he never really sinks his teeth into the character; however, in this case, his character isn't that strong either.

Aiza Khan springs a surprise. The actress who's known more for her personal life than acting proves that she has improved in the last few months. She stands neck-to-neck with Sania Saeed. She has evolved into a fine actress and this serial proves it. However, what I do not understand is why is she given a weak character? Is she rude, loving, arrogant or nice? That's one confusing question!

Mohib Mirza has suddenly hacked our screens. He is seen in almost every other serial these days. Here, he gets nothing special to do but say a few dialogues, which he utters well.

The rest of the cast does well, even though they don't get full fledged roles or well-drawn characters.

Over all, Zard Mausam rests on a very thin plot, but what works in its favor is the brilliant direction and excellent acting by Sania Saeed and Aiza Khan. The slow pace is a huge deterrent though. Had this serial been crisper, it would've ranked among some of the best. However, you can still give it a try for what it's worth.

Ratings:s

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters