Chat Clubs

ATTN: Act Fast! Celebrities Urge You!

Autumn_Bliss thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

"Mothers are dying due to loss of blood. Lives cannot be saved due to the shortage of blood."
- Tlhakanelo Moisa

Life had changed for Tihakanelo Moisa following the death of his wife while delivering their baby girl.  Though he was aware of his wife's high blood pressure, never did he suspect that it would be FATAL.  One reason... due to LACK OF BLOOD SUPPLIES

Source:  http://sundayexpress.co.ls/?p=531

Eunice Accola was admitted to the hospital following high fever and was diagnosed with malaria.  Despite her being severely anemic, she was discharged home, only to be brought back following excessive bleeding.  She needed immediate blood transfusion, however, due to blood shorage, she LOST her LIFE. 

Source:  http://ugandaradionetwork.com/a/story.php?s=34124

These are indeed 

R E A L     L I F E    I N C I D E N C E  S

As life zooms by, we come across many incidences that wrench our hearts, yet we move on focusing on things that lie ahead of us!  If EACH and EVERYONE of us could STOP and THINK at these particular moments, we could make a big difference!

June 14th, it is!  Today marks a very important day to the World of Humanity!  On June 14, 2004, the World Blood Donar Day was launched at the heart of Johannesburg, South Africa.  The aim behind this notion was to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and also to appreciate the voluntary blood donars for their generosity. 

Friends, we at India-forums.com would also like to make a big difference in our real communities!  With the help of Nadii, Mehna and Lady_Zaib, the Crazy Creatives bring forth various Celebrities inputs on the importance of donating blood!

Let us learn the
S C R O L L       D O W N!  

**Celebrities Messages Included In Upcoming Posts**

Edited by MP_Radha - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

If donating blood can save so many lives, then why is there a thing such as "shortage of blood"?  What are the reasons why people are reluctant to donate their blood?   What is holding them back?

One of the answers is MYTHS! yes you heard it right!..here are some:
T H A T    H O L D   P E O P L E    B A C K

Myth 1: Due to lack of iron, Vegetarian people cannot donate blood.
Reality:  A balanced diet helps in restoring iron in the body, and hence they can donate! 

Myth 2: The process of donating blood is painful.
Reality: Only a small pinch will be felt when the needle is inserted, no more than this. 

Myth 3: You have the risk of getting HIV or other serious infections.
Reality: A brand new needle and sterile procedures are followed while drawing blood from each individual!  

Myth 4: It is time consuming to give blood.
Reality: As long as the procedures are followed properly, it can last for a maximum of an hour but no more than that.

Myth 5: We have a limited amount of blood in the body. Our health will suffer.
Reality: Only abou 470ml of blood is taken out and our body will make more to replenish.

Myth 6: Age is disadvantageous as blood cannot be donated at all ages.
Reality: Any healthy individual can donate blood until he/she attains 60.

R E A L     L I F E   I N C I D E N C E S

"Each unit of blood that we collect potentially can save three lives ... The impact that you're making on the lives of people is immeasurable.."-Athens Banner-Herald

Alta Ray suffered from a rare kind of leukaemia called the
acute biphenotypic leukemia.  Her life was in danger since a long time and she almost lost her life due to complications. In her case,  her blood donors were willing to donate blood platelets. This process can be painful, but her donor did not hesitate to go through it more than once.  The result proved to be positive as she came out of a year's blood therapy cancer-free and the medical center where she was receiving treatment made it possible for her to meet all her blood donors who were 17 in number. They were all responsible for her 93 transfusions.
Source:  http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36147225/ns/today-today_news/t/woman-meets-her-blood-donors/#.T9HG59VLGSo

Michelle gave birth to a baby girl. She had complications two weeks after the birth of her daughter. The doctor told her husband that she might not survive but she received blood and from this transfusion, her life was saved. Her husband was very much relieved.
Source: http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/blood-donor-community/blood-recipient-stories

Lori was shot one year ago. She lost a huge amount of blood and had to undertake two surgeries, one lasted for six hours. She was healthy but still her blood cells did not renew on their own. The Doctor gave her two units of blood and after a week she was allowed to go home. She waited for a year before she herself went to donate her blood to save other people's lives.
Source:
http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/blood-donor-community/blood-recipient-stories

Pamela Brice suffered from preclampsia while she was pregnant with twins. After an ultrasound scan, the Doctor informed her that her twins had TTTS (Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome) which means the flow of blood is unequal between the twins. After giving birth to her twins, they received many blood transfusions as they were seriously ill. It was successful and with great happiness, Pamela admits that she is truly happy that her daughters are fine and they were coincidentally born on the 14th June.
Source: http://www.giveblood.ie/Become_a_Donor/Give_Blood/Peoples_Stories/The_Brice_Family_Story.html

These stories were only successful because someone out there found it worthwhile to donate their blood and save a life!

Y O U R    F A V O R I T E S    A L S O    S U P P O R T    T H E   C A U S E
S C R O L L       D O W N

-Stutz- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Messages from Bollywood and Tellywood Celebrities
E X C L U S I V E

Special thanks to MIqbal Khan Support Team (Lady_Zaib) and TellyBuzz Team (Nadii and Medha)

Layout by Shareen and -stutz-

Continues Below!!!
shareen thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Messages from Bollywood and Tellywood Celebrities

E X C L U S I V E    C O N T I N U E S

Special thanks to MIqbal Khan Support Team (Lady_Zaib) and TellyBuzz Team (Nadii and Medha)

Layout by Shareen and -stutz-

M E A N S    O F     P R E P A R A T I O N

Eat food which contains iron, such as spinach, beans, iron-fortified cereals and raisins. Sleep well.

Drink 16 oz. of additional water.

Have a well-balanced diet and avoid fatty foods before the donation as tests already done can get affected by these fats.

Do not consume aspirin two days before the donation if you will be donating blood.

Don't forget to bring the necessary IDs. 

More Tips: http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/tips-successful-donation

***** S C R  O L L    D O W N *****

_Manpreet_ thumbnail

Act Fast!! This is serious!!!  Your help is needed!!!

let us all become heroes and start donating blood!  Not everyone are lucky to donate for various reasons! 

For more information check: http://www.who.int/worldblooddonorday/en/..

The Crazy Creatives would like to thank everyone for stopping by and reading this topic!  Please feel free to share any real life incidences here with us!  Let us raise awareness today!

THANK YOU!

S P E C I A L    M E N T I O N

Our heartiest thanks to:

Lady_Zaib (on Behalf of MIqbalKhan Support Team)
Medha (on Behalf of Tellybuzz Team)
-Nadii- (on Behalf of Tellybuzz Team)

They helped us get various stars 'word of advice' upon our request!  Thank you so much!

On behalf of CC:

--Divzfan--
-stutz-
MP_Radha
shareen (Graphics)
Yuvika_15

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Awesome job, CC⭐️⭐️

Touchy post with a important msg, we all should donate..who knows, we may one day need blood from someone so it can happen anyone.

We Shine As One
(C'est ensemble qu'on brillera)

In the time that it takes
To roll up your sleeve
And the light from your heart shines through
May the blood that you give
Help somebody to live
It'll shine the light back to you
It'll shine it right back to you...

(World Blood Donor Day theme song)

-Nadii- thumbnail
Awesome thread :)

I think it is really important to give importance to this cause. Because many people die around, just because they dont get blood on time.

And just by taking few minuts out of our life and donating blood, we can actually safe someones life.

Because of our blood, someone gets a new life.

Many people dont think about it in everyday, ONLY when someone beloved need blood, they actually feel that its important.

Think!!! If u GIVE, one day u GET.

So DONATE, its FREE
Edited by -Nadii- - 11 years ago
Break.The.Code thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome thread CC!
Mindblowing Job!

I have a question--

Should a person be 18 years of age to donate blood?
Bobbi. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: SallyAmanda

Awesome thread CC!

Mindblowing Job!

I have a question--

Should a person be 18 years of age to donate blood?

That totally varies from country to country. But yes, it's generally 18.
Bobbi. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
An awesome thread CCs. I'm glad that you guys are bringing about awareness on almost everything happening in the world.

Blood donating is indeed a noble cause, totally well said by the celebrities & good job CCs.