Madhubala -Ek Ishq Ek Junoon - Section Rules

Posted: 11 years ago

Hey guys!🤗

As you all know that Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon is going to have a very fun and exciting forum with lots of members joining in to discuss the show. And fortunately or unfortunately there will also be situations that crop up that'll need us the MB Development Team members to step in. So before that, we'd love for you to take a quick read through with the rules. And no, they are not repetitive. Please have a read through and enjoy.

Channel Moderator: Leviathan
Viewbie(s): -HibiscusR-, -Misek-
Moderator: -Fivr-

Coolbie(s): Armu4eva,  RageOfAnAngel, _Rashmi, -Dimple-
Videobies: Dhruvie, -Nipun97-

Development Team: As you all know the Madhubala -Ek Ishq Ek Junoon Development Team consists of -Fivr-, -HibiscusR-, -Misek- and Leviathan. So, if you have any problem in the forum, any complaints, any suggestions regarding any thread, written update, video update etc, you can contact either of us. It is highly suggested that people looking forward to get in touch with the DT. The chain will be as follows: Viewbies--> Moderators --> Channel Moderator --> Global Moderators --> Admin. Speak to the Viewbies first and then follow as be the chart. We promise to reply back to your PMs as soon as we can. Coolbies are not included in the moderation team. They only provide written updates of the show on the forum.

Written and Video Updates: Written Updates and Video Updates will be provided by members who sign-up/volunteer to do them. It is requested that there be no topics asking for Written Updates/Video Updates because it could be that the Updaters live in a different time zone and update according to their time zone. Updaters put a lot of effort into their work and so it would be awesome if you guys could appreciate their work by posting a reply, and 'Liking' their updates.

New Members: MB is a forum where New Members are always accepted, with open arms. If you are a new member/silent member, don't be afraid, open a topic and introduce yourself! We'd love to hear from you, what you think about the show, the characters, the members and even the forum! And remember, everyone is welcome.

Archive Mansion: All Important links are posted in the Archieve Mansion, so if you ever need anything, just click on the Archieve Mansion. Our mansion is called: Madhubala: Ek Forum Ek Guide/Raasta

Help Desk: Have a question? Need an answer? Post your question in the Help desk and you for sure will get a reply.

Posting Pictures: Posting pictures of episode caps, events prior to the starting of Madhubala is allowed as a seperate topic for comments and discussion, but pictures from Drashti Dhami and Vivian Dsena's shows are not allowed to be created as a seperate topic. If there are pictures from Geet or PKYEK, please post them in thier respective forums.

Creations Gallery: Have creations? Siggies? Avis? Please post them in the Creations Gallery and get feedback and compliments from members.

Fan Fictions & Video Mixes: Creativity is always welcome. Are you a Fan-Fic writer? Or a VMixer, post your creations, stories and create your own little Madhubala shops! But dont' forget, Always post the links to your VMs and FFs in the respective VM and FF corner so your readers/viewers can keep a track of all the amazing fics you write or/and VMs you make.

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayi: Okay yes, DD was amazing as Geet, but since this is the MB forum, only MB discussion will be allowed and this means, no GurTi or Maneet talks. And especially no comparing if which roles suit DD better or if members love Gurti more than Vishti.

Pyaar Ki Yeh Ek Kahani: Same fact applies to PKYEK that does to Geet, no PKYEK talks in the MB forum. Yes, everyone is excited to talk about the actors previous shows, and their previous characters please some of us prefer those roles over the one in MB, but please give the rules they play in MB a chance too. DD and VD are working hard.

Bashing: Bashing is NOT allowed. Nil. No. Nahin. No bashing. Constructive criticism is allowed. Saying "I dislike so and so because she is doing this ______" is fine, but calling the character names and picking on their physical characteristics. And DO NOT bash other members either. The forum is meant for discussions, not for hate or arguments. If someone doesn't agree with your opinions, it doesn't' mean you have a right to call them names and tell others to ignore them. Everyone has a right to opinion and if someone is saying something that is against the I-F CoC, REPORT them. Easy as that. PM the Dev Team or report them. That way, you don't get into trouble either.

Reporting Topics: If you come across a topic that goes against MB Forum rules and I-F COC, please report the topic by clicking on the 'Report' button or PM the moderators. Do not reply back into the topic, because it may lead to arguments and fights. And if there are arguments happening, every member will be looked into, regardless of whether you were trying to do the right thing. The Dev Team will try our best to deal with it.

Warnings: We believe that everyone deserves a fair chance in MB. If there is a problem, we will listen to both the sides of the issue before making a decision. How this will work: You will receive 3 Warning PMs before your WL will be increased. And if a member continues to bash, further action will be taken such as banning.

Problems/Issues with the Development Team: Have problems with the Dev Team? Well, then come us, please PM us and let us know! We DT members are not biased towards any fan group but that does not mean we aren't fans of the leads or any other characters in MB. We have opinions too, about the show, and what improvements we might want to see in the show. But that does not make us biased. Once a problem is reported, it is the DT's worry and responsibility to deal with the problem, and just because someone is not aware of what is happening to the topics they reported, it does not mean that we are not doing anything to stop/help. If you have questions, and querries that you'd like us to answer, please PM us. We'd be happy to look into it.

Appreciation Threads: Yes, appreciation threads are allowed, but no bashing is allowed in those threads but please ask the DT permission before opening the threads. And the only condition we ask for in the threads is that an active member has to start the appreciation threads and collect all the needed, siggies, videos etc and member names of that Appreciation thread.

Use of abusive Language: Please try not to use the bad words and yes, we all know what those are. Using 'W*F, WTH, What the Fish, BS' is not allowed so please don't try to find a way around it. I-F and MB is a forum where we have members of all ages come and to try to catch up on their favourite shows. No, it might not be members themselves but visitors who might feel discouraged from joining I-F after seeing the language used.

Birthday Threads & Congratulatory Posts: Birthday threads and Congratulatory posts are allowed to be posted in the MB forum seeing if the member is a member of MB forum. (Was that confusing or what?). Anyways, the Birthday Threads can be PMed to the Dev Team members, so they can sticky it in the forum for a while ONLY if there is room. Sometimes there might not be room for the Dev Team to add another sticky as it is mandatory for enough topics for discussion to be present on the front page of the forum.

Repeated Topics: If someone has already posted a topic which shares similar views to what you have to say, please do not create a whole new topic. Instead reply in the thread the other member created first. That way the forum will be neat and clean and there wont' be multiple topics floating around.

Promos: Yes, the promo's are allowed to be posted and discussed to the heart's content, but as before, if someone has already posted the promo, go back a few pages to see and make sure you are not posting the same promo.

We are not here to make your lives hard, we are just here to sort everything out and make Madhubala -Ek Ishq Ek Junoon a clean forum for all it's visitors and members for which we need your Co-operation.

Edited by -HibiscusR- - 10 years ago
Hi MB-ians,

Everyone is aware what has happened over the past few days on this forum.

The MB Devt Team had put a weeks ban on any gutter/BBB/fun posts due to sentiments being hurt because of mocking and instigation. Mocking and bashing has been an issue on this forum since day one. Sadly, til date we fail to differentiate between criticism and bashing. From time to time, we have reminded you of the rules. It works for the moment, and then a short period of time after, the effect dies out. Shifali and I hate the idea of adapting to a strict system. However, considering the situation of the forum, we have no choice but the implement the following.

So, here are some amendments being made to the rules. Please read, absorb, and understand them. We will stand by our word and there will be absolutely no questions asked if these are violated. You've had enough chances, we've given you too many.
  1. BBB/Fun Posts under Probation: these posts will be allowed under one condition. If you bash and/or instigate another fan group, member or celebrity, your topic will be closed and your warning level will be raised. No questions asked. This goes towards any individual who posts in the topic who breaches the rule. These topics are suppose to be bring happiness and laughter into the forum, not sadness and anger. If you have a problem with one of them, report it. Don't go in and add fuel to the fire. By doing this, your making more work for yourself and for us. So think twice before posting.

2. Gushing/Gutters Posts: please limit these to the celebrity's AT. If the celebrity does not have an AT, please make one or continue the discussion in our forum's chat club. Any posts found on gushing will be locked without a note. We will take the liberty to move the first post to the respective ATs/Chat Club, nothing else. Anything explicit in nature will be removed.

3. Pictures: pictures related only to the episodes (everyone, not of a specific pair or personality) and promos can be posted in a new topic. However, if you want to post pictures related to a certain individual to discuss their expressions/body language, please use their AT. If the celebrity does not have an AT, please make one or continue the discussion in our forum's chat club. Once again, if you are found breaching this rule, your topic will be locked without notice and the first will will be moved to an AT/Picture Gallery. Furthermore, pictures on MB-RK together (on/off-screen) can be discussed at their combined AT.

4. Attention ATs/CCs: appreciation threads are made to appreciate - self explanatory. If it's a DD AT, please ONLY talk about DD. If it's a VD AT, please ONLY talk about VD... you get the trend. If your AT is found talking about any other individual/celebrity constantly, it can potentially be locked out for a 24 hour period. Please make this clear and have it posted on the first post of the AT. Make sure all members know of this. Shifali and I are going to assume that everyone is aware of this. If a member in particular is found talking about someone else (apart of the show or not), their warning level will be raised. Please note, there will be no warning PM issued beforehand. This rule applies to thediscussion threads (you know who you are) on the forum as well.

5. Stalking: to add onto number 4 - if you are found stalking at AT/CC that you do not belong to, your warning level will be raised. No questions asked. However, if you report a post that violates the section rules - this will not apply to you. The key word is violate here - not because they said something negative.

6. Bashing/Instigating:  we're not in grade 2. You have been reminded constantly about the difference. Please learn how to differentiate between them. I'm sorry but we cannot lock a topic because someone said XYZ is expressionless. It is their opinion. If they say that the individual is ugly - now have a concern. Any offense will result in a direct warning level increase. We've had enough of this. Also, when stating your opinion, keep the other side OUT. You don't need to refer to another fan base to make your point. It is instigating. Stick to your opinion, not others. While you are allowed to criticize, do it in a manner that is civil. For example, "... my take is different than yours. I believe Madhu is like ..." rather than saying "you are incorrect, you didn't understand Madhu. How dare you say she is like this." The other individual may take it as attacking and we want to stay away from that. Names used in the show for each CHARACTER are welcome - please avoid any other name calling that can be hurtful. Also, please learn how to differentiate between character and actor. Saying something about a character does not mean it is applicable to individual playing it.

One thing I want to clarify is, often times we receive complaints that "one fan group is doing xyz - how come you don't say anything?" I would like to point out that we can only talk or approach them if we have proof. You give us proof, we'll take action - given they have violated the rules. 

Furthermore, we can't stress enough that you please please please use the report button feature. If there is a topic where things go wrong, and you join in - you are equally liable as you have taken part of the instigation. 

There was another concern on how rules vary per forum. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that although we have the IF COC, each forum is different. Hence why there are separate rules for some and not others. Being the Devt Team of this section, we can implement rules that we feel are beneficial for forum peace.

These are the final rules. Likewise, we'll be adding another DT member to the forum soon.

As of now, these new + old rules will be enforced full out. If there is a particular problem with a way the DT has handled anything, please PM us. We always welcome feedback :) This forum is for everyone - not anyone in particular. Please learn to respect each other, agree/disagree, and have a healthy conversation. I promise it won't hurt :)

If these rules do not work out (which we hope won't be the case), the DT will implement something in the future as follows: (1) VD fans cannot comment on DD topics and vice versa. DVD fans will not be effected, (2) Any violating posts by any fan group can result in closure of respective ATs/Chat threads. Please note, this is not in effect but just something to keep in mind when posting something on the forum.

We hope for everyone's co-operation. For concerns, please feel free to PM us.

Thanks,
GK
MB Devt Team

Edited by gk_09 - 11 years ago
Hi guys,

As Gur has mentioned, there was a temporary ban on Fun topics just so that we had a time to go through all the problems to figure out a root cause which we have. I know many were upset about this but this was done so a fair outcome could be provided to both Fandoms.

I am sorry if many were hurt with the temporary ban but follow the new rules. All I'd like to say is don't participate in a fight, don't start a fight. As hard as it might be, just because one person is a DD fan or a VD fan and has a different opinion then you, then they are wrong.

Like Gur has stated, any further fights will lead to a Warning Level increase and for those, who don't care about that, please be aware that if needed, the Dev Team WILL close down the ATs of your respective favourite and even though it may not affect you, it will affect the others who are a fan of your favourite too.

Yes, this is harsh but it has to be done. If we can't stop you from doing something, I am pretty sure that your own companions might.

Thank you,

PS: I have seen many members change their opinion on me based on the events of the 'Ban on Fun Topics' and all I'd like to say is that I had to do what I had to do. I didn't do it for 2-3 members; I did it for the bigger picture, the future of this forum and to find out the root cause of the forum. But like I have been stating for the past 2-3 months, give respect, earn respect. If you can't give respect to certain members, don't expect your opinion or you as a member to be respected back. And furthermore, I'd like to ask the members who changed their opinion of me based on what I did, to please call me Shifali. Not Shifu.