Tamil Dabangg clicked with masses in Tamil Nadu

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
PAWAN STORMS K-TOWN BO

The actor's remake of Dabangg has clicked with the masses in Tamil Nadu

Lata Srinivasan

The Power Star is reclusive and lets his films do the talking. And his latest Telugu film has been declared a worldwide hit — including Tamil Nadu! Gabbar Singh (GS), the Telugu remake of Salman Khan's Dabangg, has established Pawan Kalyan's power at the BO in Tamil Nadu. Unlike many Telugu stars that are trying to make in-roads with Tamil films, this star has attained power status here with his Telugu films.
   The success of the Telugu version has obviously had people comparing it to the Tamil remake. Ask GS director Harish Shanker why he thinks the movie clicked here and he says, "It's like how people around the world like to see Rajinikanth. Pawan Kalyan's body language and his charisma coupled with the comedy and visuals in the flick connected well with the audience everywhere."
   While director Dharani retained the storyline of Dabangg in Tamil, Harish Shanker changed it for the Telugu version. And his revival of the villain of the Hindi blockbuster Sholay seems to have struck a chord with as well. Harish says, "I am a big fan of Power Star Pawan Kalyan and it's been a long time since there was a complete masala movie of his. I am basically a writer, so I was itching to change the script and soI changed it to suit the local flavour. I focused on Pawan Kalyan and the histrionics and that's why it worked."
   The Ulaganayagan's daughter, Shruti Haasan, has essayed Sonakshi's role in the film and perhaps for the first time has played an out-and-out rural belle with half-saree and pottu complete. This is her first hit film and her performance has also been praised by many here. Though she admits she was intimidated by Pawan Kalyan's stardom at the beginning, she says, "Some of the biggest stars in the industry are also those who are very humble. Though I was nervous when I started shooting with him, I was overwhelmed with the way he behaves with his co-stars. No air, no tantrums, he's very good to work with."
   This movie has also had an impact on her career. "Gabbar Singh is having a dream run at the BO. This movie will definitely be a milestone in my career," says Shruti.
   (with inputs from V Lakshmi)

A still from Gabbar Singh

GABBAR SINGH

• Pawan Kalyan in the lead role

• Directed by Harish Shankar; changes made to the script to suit Pawan Kalyan and local nativity

• Malaika Arora, who did the Munni Badnam Hui… number in Dabangg, was retained for the Kevvu Keka… number in the Telugu remake

• Music by Devi Sri Prasad

OSTHE

• Simbu in the lead role

• Directed by Dharani, it pretty much stuck to the original storyline, except for the local slang spoken by the characters

• Mallika Sherawat was brought in for the item number in the film, Kalasala…

• Music by Thaman
Thanks Chal didi for sharing this news..👏

Its nice to hear Tamil audiences like Telugu remakes..😛 Osthi and Gabbar Singh differences shown are good..😊
I liked Osthi mainly for Simbu and the comedy with the police officers.  All the songs were good also. 
Originally posted by smiles86

I liked Osthi mainly for Simbu and the comedy with the police officers.  All the songs were good also. 

Yes smiles me too like Osthe for Simbhu's dance and his hilarious comedy with Santhanam and awesome all peppy songs by Thaman..😛