shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 9 years ago

A/N: The poem which inspired this OS, Nude Study by Garrison Keillor, just seemed to perfectly describe Arnav and Khushi's relationship. 

Despite what the title may suggest, there isn't any overtly explicit content in this OS. I tried to write their first time with the same innocent, confused and yet all the while passionate love that has been the cornerstone of their relationship. 

I hope you enjoy it.

When my body and your body

Lie together under a white sheet

Your head on my arm

Your leg thrown over my leg

The whole long continent of you

The pale ridgeline of your ribcage and hip and thigh

Neighbor to me

There is nothing that needs to be explained

Or accomplished, the world is at rest and complete

And though

We drift apart in the eddies of the day

We will find our way back

To the slight hollows that mark the place

Where we lie now, astonished, saying nothing. 

Nude Study, Garrison Keillor

The door burst open and there, framed in the moonlight which basked that side of the room, she stood. She peered desperately into the shadows where she knew he would be... 

She found him.

"Arnavji?" her voice had cracked on the question. 

"Khushi." so had his on the response.

She had tripped on her way over to him. One of her shoes had fallen off. She had left it behind.

As she had begun to run towards him, her dupatta slipped from her shoulder and she stumbled over it, nearly falling again in her haste to reach him. 

Arnav didn't move.

He didn't dare.

Was it possible this wasn't real?

Could this be a dream?

Or was it really...

She collapsed into his arms, her arms winding around him, squeezing the breath from him as she sobbed into his chest. Deep, huge cries revealing an anguish which pierced through him like a thousand tiny knives. 

Cutting him to shreds.

Breaking what little there was left to break. 

And in the darkness of the room, the moonlight still casting the only eery silver light, she gently pulled away from him and looked into his eyes. 

He didn't know what she saw in them, but some part of him remembered that he probably shouldn't let her look for too long. What was it she had said?

When someone's eyes can tell you so much, what use are words? I know this. You know this. The only people who still need to ask questions... are those who don't even know what love is...

He closed his eyes.

They flashed open when he felt something warm press to his forehead. 

She was kissing him. Those lips- just as soft as he'd always imagined. 

He could feel her shaking. Was she scared? No. He didn't mean to scare her.

He cupped her face in his hands. "Khushi?" a million questions in his one word.

"Arnav." all the answers in hers.

Arnav leaned closer to her.

Just as he had on Diwali in what seemed like a different lifetime. 

But things were different now. 

He knew it.

She knew it.

They both knew it.

Back then this had been dangerous.

Now it could be fatal.

Back then he had been driven by lust and the flickering of something deeper.

Now he didn't know what was compelling him. He didn't know if this was love. Was love supposed to be this painful?

Back then he had stopped.

Now... that was impossible.

Their lips connected.

She knew his love was cursed. He knew hers was damned. 

But together, in that moment.

Neither cared.

His hand wove around her waist, pulling her closer, careful even in the intensity of the moment not to pull her hair. He couldn't hurt her. 

Never again.

This was completely foreign to her. She didn't know what she was doing. What he was doing. And she didn't know what they were going to do next. 

But she trusted him to know.

And that was all that mattered.

He deepened the kiss and felt her arch towards him. A small moan in her throat. 

Something inside him snapped. He pulled away from her.

In one swift movement, he spun her round so that she was properly on the bed in front of him. "Khushi." his hand gently stroked one satin cheek. Her eyes closed at his touch and she took a sharp breath in. "Khushi..." her finger silenced him before he could complete the word. She shook her head. 

"Arnav." for the second time in their lives and in the space of what felt like just a few seconds, she had used just his name.

And for some reason, that one word was enough.

His tears started falling and he was powerless to make any attempt to stop them. 

Wordlessly, she moved closer to him. 

Her lips brushed his. 

Again.

Again.

Again. 

She gently wiped the moisture trickling down his cheeks with her hands. "Arnav." she said again, and she took his face in hers and kissed him again... 

-------------------------

He couldn't speak. 

He didn't know whether it was because he didn't know what to say or had just forgotten how to say it. 

Maybe both.

All because of the source of the gentle breathing beside him, the very real presence of his beautiful wife sleeping moulded to his body as though she had been made to fit there- her limbs tangled with his in a way that made it impossible for him to unravel himself.

Not that he wanted to.

She had given herself to him completely and he had taken everything from her. 

Their journey; every step they had taken, every emotion they had felt, every word they had spoken and every pain they had inflicted to get to this place had culminated in what had just happened. 

As the gentle glow of daybreak dusted a faint gold over her skin, he found himself absentmindedly stroking her bare arm; subconsciously trying to convince himself once again that she was really there. 

She whimpered slightly in her sleep and gripped more tightly to him. "Khushi?" 

She immediately settled down at the sound of his voice: her body now still against his, blanketed in a sense of peace which warmed and a feeling which protected her far more than the thin, white sheet which covered them both ever could. 

Arnav didn't know what would happen when she woke up. He didn't know what she would say to him. What he would say to her. 

He didn't know where they would go from here, how they would get there or what they would do when they arrived.

All he knew was that he didn't care.

So he kissed his wife, the love of his life and the woman to whom his very breaths were tied, the woman whose heartbeat was now intertwined irreversibly with his own, on the forehead and he closed his eyes.

And finally... he slept. 

My ArShi Writing Index

Edited by arisai - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Suni

So, so lovely!

Thank you. :)

It really means a lot as I'm generally pretty atrocious at writing anything like this so I'm glad to know my first attempt wasn't a complete fail.
Very beautifully written.. Emotions r just soo beautiful... Just shows how pure love is! 
This os has taken me back to my dreamland where me n my prince (unknown) live.. 

Btw..added u as buddy.. Plz pm me ny other works u write..hope there are many many to come..

Edited by Lovearhi - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Lovearhi

Very beautifully written.. Emotions r just soo beautiful... Just shows how pure love is! 

Thank you so much. I'd like to think ArShi's love is pretty pure. 

Good luck finding your way there! IPKKND has given me COMPLETELY unrealistic views on love and Prince Charmings. LOL
Originally posted by arisai

Originally posted by Lovearhi

Thank you so much. I'd like to think ArShi's love is pretty pure. 

Good luck finding your way there! IPKKND has given me COMPLETELY unrealistic views on love and Prince Charmings. LOL

Yh completely agree.. Totally unrealistic.. But thats what a girl does.. She dreams!! 
N dnt forget dreams can come true.. So I may just find him smwhere... Aaah..see im going bk into dreamland! LOL

[Content Removed]
that was awesome! loved it :)
TEEHEE! I am giggling like a demented teenager! I absolutely loved it!