Nayan never left the industry' TOI

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
'Nayan never left the industry'

P Sangeetha

He can make women go weak in the knees, every time he appears onscreen. And now, Tollywood star Rana Daggubati, who is awaiting the release of his second Bollywood flick, is all set to don the role of a producer as well.
   But what's keeping the man happy is the appreciation that Telugu films are receiving in the Garden City. "Ram Charan Tej's Rachcha recently released in many screens in the city. It's nice to see that the Karnataka audience is appreciating Telugu films as well. When the industry is plagued with issues like piracy, this news comes as a breath of fresh air," says the actor.
   After having opted out of what would have been his maiden Tamil venture, Vada Chennai, Rana is now all excited to work with director Selvaraghavan of Mayakkam Enna fame. "It's too early to talk about the film as the star cast is yet to be finalized. We are planning to start work around August or September," he says.
   In the meantime, Rana is also busy with Telugu projects back home. "I am shooting for
Krishnan Vande Jagadgurum with director Krish (of Vedam fame), which has Nayanthara in the lead. She adds great value to the project. I don't know why everyone is calling this her comeback film, when she had never left the industry in the first place," he says.
   Finally, quiz Rana about whether he is upset about the fact that his reported ex, Bipasha Basu, is getting closer to Ram Charan Tej and he retorts. "Why would I have problems with that? Ram Charan and I went to the same school, lived in the same apartment and started our acting careers almost together. We are friends and the more in the group, the merrier. We are one big family."

Rana Daggubati

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SweetyGreen thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks Chal didi for sharing this news..👏

Nayan's innings has started again well..👍🏼 Its nice to hear the friendship between Rana and Ram..😛