Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: .Anamika.

I had no idea so many people had watched Rishta.com! I wish more people in India actually watched it. So many people seemed to watch it online and that was probably the reason why it didn't work too well in terms of TRPs.

Is Barun Sobti the guy with Sanaya Irani, the girl from Miley Jab Hum Tum, on that star plus show? And why is there so much hate for him? He is kinda cute! Does he really act that bad?

yup Rishta was one of my all time fav show .loved kavi and shruti 

@ bold the same reason y gudgobher is loathed here j/k ðŸ˜†

jokes apart people dont hate him but yeah gudgobher is hated celeb here but its his acting or whatever he does is blunt and kavi is better than him in that department

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: chocolover89

Kavi Shastri will rock this movie and whoever said he's gonna et the other 2 alive is so right 😆 I'm excited ONLY for him. <33333

Everything else sounds meh..and I doubt BO prospects also..par I gotta watch for Kavi. 😳😆

Ditto Kavi is gonna rule he's so muchbetter than the other *stars * in this film esp the ones who are always seen doing rabba ve's and playing with the duppatta and saying just one thing What the what the which is HELL ANNOYING
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I like Barun in IPKKND, but this movie doesnt fill me with promise. Also Im not sure how Barun as an actor would fare as his persona in IPK is quite limited, say unlike someone like Rajeev whom you always knew had it in him. Anyways best of luck to him!

The movie doesnt fill me with promise and at best might be an average hit. Barun would be foolish to quit IPK on the back of this movie.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Well yes, opportunities and connections definitely make a huge difference, but you need more than that. Part of making it big in BW is a good image/PR. Most of the TV actors, sadly, get stuck in the rut with their adarsh bahu beta images from TV and can't change it.

And agree, a lot of TV actors have found success there and don't wish to move to BW and struggle more since its not practical..Ram Kapoor is doing well for himself in his supporting roles. Dharma loves him 😆  Ronit is doing good character based roles also..Rajeev has a niche. If he wanted he could have walked down the chocolate boy lover roles, but Rajeev is Rajeev. He's always been more into creative satisfaction than anything else.

Anamika--you're welcome :) Yes this season of DID was a massive bore..some good contestants and performances, but not a patch on the previous seasons.

Rishta.Com is actually pretty popular..I think it has a big online and overseas fanbase and unfortunately we don't count in the TRP's. Sony hardly promoted it and stuck it an awful time slot, so no wonder they never got TRP's. 🥱 All the YRF shows have actually been liked by those who watched them. R.Com, Powder, Kismat, Mahi Way, Seven, etc.

Barun..lol. Well, personally I think he needs to work on dialogue delivery and expressions big time. Sure he's supposed to play this angry young man type character, but I find him unconvincing. To be somewhat fair to him, the role itself is shoddily written and doesn't demand much except trip-fall-catch--play with duppata-look angry--say what the hell Khushi Kumari Gupta. He is kinda cute though yes..
Yayyy For Kavi and Barun..But the film is going to be a flop..
SudhaSangeet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
It all seems like hush rush affair by the actors taking holiday and completing film...dont look committed to either...

-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
LOL.=) ek serial hit hota hai toh they think they can make in b'wood also lyk seriously  =p Edited by -SMay31- - 11 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: .Achebe.

I don't really think Telly stars can ever make it big on the silverscreen. They might get some powerful role as the supporting actor but a role that would give them a sure shot entry in the A-Listers is highly unlikely plus their personality lacks what it takes to be a bolly actor. I think I would say I like them as Telly stars in their roles but as bolly actors I am not too sure. 

Disagree. The proof is that 2 of the biggest stars in India SRK and Vidya both started out with TV. SRK was a very successful TV star before he moved to films.
The thing with SRK and Vidya was they worked very hard to reach and make a mark in Bollywood successfully.But these days,the TV stars want instant success and shortcut to fame.Make a six pack with one single expression and you're in.Moreover,they don't get good roles.Rajeev did an AAMIR and Shaitan but he went back to stuff like Will you marry me.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: .SB.

The thing with SRK and Vidya was they worked very hard to reach and make a mark in Bollywood successfully.But these days,the TV stars want instant success and shortcut to fame.Make a six pack with one single expression and you're in.Moreover,they don't get good roles.Rajeev did an AAMIR and Shaitan but he went back to stuff like Will you marry me.

You got back to your sb user name again? I dont know if TV stars want instant success. It may apply to some but not all think the same way. As for Rajeev I am not sure what went wrong. But what I see is Abhay also did similar dark, edgy films but he is doing a lot better. Neoptism again?