Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: HakunaMatata_94

if thats the criteria Abhay and emraan dont fit into this but they still get movie .Emraan is not a conventional hero he might be rugged for some movies he has a strong following well that has to do a lot with other factors but then thats the point Emraan has something else that ticks with the audience same goes for Abhay then whats the parameter .honestly i feel there is no such parameters .Audience's tastes are highly unpredictable .u give them a good subject woven with strong screenplay taut script and good performance they will like it 

I guess even Kavi can bag a solo break since he is unconventional he can act in an unconventional film and if that has a commercial viability the movie can do good business

Emraan's personality and presence extends to a point that he can wield guns and do action...if not of the superhero kind, then at least the kind on the streets. Plus, he holds appeal for a whole other audience which has a 'sweet tooth' for sexuality as he himself puts it. Emraan is both invested in and accepted by massy audiences...the only reason he is mentioned in an example like this by people is because he stands out among the others due to the fact that the fraternity looks down its nose at him and he himself hasn't ever bothered to please or be a part of them. 

Abhay, yes...he has really carved out a different path for himself which hasn't fit into any parameters and that hasn't been easy, but he has the luxury of being from a background that can support his picky nature. Abhay could have done the chocolate boy routine after Socha Na Tha...but he is wise in that he recognizes his own strengths and weaknesses, that he can't dance around trees and become the typical Bollywood hero. For 20 commercial movies that he could reject, there was one different movie that he could find...for non-industry folks like Kavi, or even any other television artists who want to make it, that is not a luxury...they are not choosers. So much of it is dependent on right place, right time and luck for them...

But in theory, I agree...if Kavi can land off-beat and contemporary stories, the audience which is acceptant now of more different things than ever will find him appealing. That is not the hard part...the hard part is finding those kind of stories in Bollywood, convincing producers and directors, and beating out a lot of competition...
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
@Chocolover and MGF: Yes we were talking about Mishal. Search parties have been deployed for the past one year to find Mishal. πŸ˜†
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: -ksh-

Both Abhay and Emraan had strong connections in BW which sustained them in their early days.

well even thats a valid point but then shreya that doesnt necessarily mean that strong connections can lead to long sustainability and we have ample of examples for that too .

i was talking about the yardstick that kabeera mentioned and how that is not the actual case always 
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7

@Blue: Dunno for how long I have to keep my signature below. 😭

As far as Kavi is concerned I was SHOCKED to see him doing bit parts in some movies. As for Main aur Mr Right I hope they have a studio like Viacom or UTV to support them. Otherwise I am afraid the film will not even get a proper release.

whats MIA
TheRager thumbnail
^^^In any case I personally feel BW should definitely look at TV stars...if not for lead roles in big budget films but atleast the smaller films. Many TV stars are good looking and can do a better job acting wise under the right director and even get BO success. Just look at Vicky Donor. Its the audience's loss really if Bollywood cannot look beyond star kids.

MIA: Missing In Action.
Edited by -ksh- - 11 years ago
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

^^^In any case I personally feel BW should definitely look at TV stars...if not for lead roles in big budget films but atleast the smaller films. Many TV stars are good looking and can do a better job acting wise under the right director and even get BO success. Just look at Vicky Donor. Its the audience's loss really if Bollywood cannot look beyond star kids.

that I completely agree withπŸ‘...I mean I just got done watching Vicky Donor and I LOVED both Ayushmaan and Yami they looked so natural and both were entertaining on screen
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
all da best sobti!!!

frankly this movie has flop written all over it... feel sad that sobti agreed to do such crap despite having a hit tv show
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

I think it's becoming slightly easier for Telly actors now, definitely much more than it was a few years ago . BW is looking at them more now. You hear/see a few more success stories now.  Rajeev Khandelwal, Ronit Roy, Ram Kapoor have managed to create a niche for themselves. Ayushmaan will also. Sushant, Sobti, Kavi are trying--lets see how that goes.

But generally, TV actors have this set image that is hard to break free from and a lot of them don't have the X-factor and charm to make it all the way to the top. I don't want to say they have no charm or X-factor, but BW is a completely different ball game...I don't know how to explain it really =/ But, I think guys find this much easier than the TV girls. They are toh so set as the Gopi bahu, akshara bahu, archana, etc that audiencec can't see beyond that. That's exactly why Prachi hasn't really made it despite having age and Ekta Kapoor on her side.
Edited by chocolover89 - 11 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
^^^TV actors dont have BW connections. Thats a huge road-block for them to overcome as they rarely get a A-list break forget about several chances. In their prime they have 2 options-either struggle to get films or rule on TV and keep their homes running. Most people chose the latter as they come from middle-class backgrounds and by the time you are 25+ you need to start making money. If you look at other star kids and models who made it big...everyone learnt it on the job. They got good breaks under good directors who could hone them in the right direction. The same could be true of TV stars too if they got the right opputunities.
Of all the TV actors who are trying their luck in movies currently I think Ram Kapoor is the only one with requisite charm and charisma. But he is well past his prime and will only get supporting roles. Aysuhman is good too and he can occupy the space Saif Ali Khan occupied as a paralell lead. Sushant, Barun and Kavi...lets see what they achieve. Pulkit I guess is finished unless Salman takes pity on him and gives him a few bit roles. Edited by -ksh- - 11 years ago
.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the link, Chocolover! I love Abheek! This year's DID was a total dissapointment though.

I had no idea so many people had watched Rishta.com! I wish more people in India actually watched it. So many people seemed to watch it online and that was probably the reason why it didn't work too well in terms of TRPs.

Is Barun Sobti the guy with Sanaya Irani, the girl from Miley Jab Hum Tum, on that star plus show? And why is there so much hate for him? He is kinda cute! Does he really act that bad?