Posted: 11 years ago
Hey friends!

Surprise to see me at writers corner?Actually from past few days something is pricking in my heart...something had happened which I can't forget...but still trying to do so...and to do so, I thought of sharing it with you all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Bye!
----------------

As usual it was a tiring day for me,these days spent like a deadline...having lots of work 

at office and lots of deadlines to remember...boggling my mind in typical codes,hits and 

trials,brainstorming and then finally getting a solution is my routine...I am a software 

engineer!

At my usual time I came back home with a bitter mood, keeping my laptop bag aside,I slumped on couch,looking at room's seiling endlessly I finally went to kitchen to make a cup of coffee.Almost blank minded I headed to balcony.When I opened the door a fresh air forceably paved its way inside me and give me a little refreshment.Taking a sip I looked at the park in which many children were playing...I bend a bit and rested my hand on balcony's railing to watch their play,fun and enjoyment more closely.A group of 10-11 children was playing 'seven times' a game in which the attacking team has to make a pile of seven stones one above another and defending team has to stop it by throwing ball on it or on the player who is making the pile/stack.

Suddenly the blured memories on my childhood came in my mind,when we used to play this game and 'He' never threw the ball on me when I make piles,'He' my best friend at childhood days and more than a friend afterwards...though our relationship ended at a sad note and we parted our ways for the sake of good still these childhood memories never left me alone...neither I want them to do so as these are my only treasure...!

I was lost and submerged in the ocean of the love filled moments we shared,in the feelings of his care,love and passion for me,in the warmth of his arms around me,heat of his breath and shyness of my eyes...when a sweet yet loud voice broke my trail of thoughts...

"di ball do na.." a small 9-10 years old boy was calling me,pointing his finger at the ball 

which had fallen on my terrace in a throw.I picked it up,threw it down with a smile,he smiled in return and ran towards his team.I  preferred to concentrate on their game rather than remembering old memories...so I started watching it.

They were shouting loudly whenever the other team looses a point,they all were so tension free,cheered up that made my evening and I forgot my all tensions.All were active,playing but a girl of about 5 or 6 years old was only standing by their side and looking at them,neither she was playing nor they were trying to make her play.It was a bit uncommon as children drag every other child in the play when they are playing then why not this girl..!

Now I was much interested in that girl,I was looking at her constantly and trying to read her face,figure out her activities to know the reason...I found that her clothes were dirty and so as she...but it was nothing uncommon as children usually get dirty while playing.My eyes were scanning her from toe to head and stopped on her watery eyes...small little eye ball was moving with the movement of ball in the playground...she was watching each and every bit of it..."so she is interested in play..." my mind finally came to the conclusion but then "why is'nt she playing?"another question raised in my mind.
And to find a solution I again started moving my eyes on her...her clothes were old,and the stitched on them were showing their poverty..."May be that is why...!Ohh yes this is the only reason!"As I knew that people here are very particular about status and do not allow their children to play or to have any relation with poor children.
In all that question answer session with my mind,I dint notice that she was also looking at me,her water filled eyes were too deep...when I looked at them a strange feeling to hug her arose in my heart.Now she sat down on a bench at the corner of park and watching me...I too was doing the same...She was trying to do silly acts to make me laugh or to make me watch her..."Ohh so she do not want me to divert towards these children...she wants me to look at her only..!" I found it quite exciting so I focused myself on her...

She stood straight on bench and jumped on ground,then again did the same..I smiled at her and she jumped in joy,crackled and again jumped on ground but this time opening her arms wide like a bird fly in sky.I thumped up and she did it again...It was a good entertainment for me...and it went on almost half an hour when her mother came and hold her by hands to go..."ohh so she is daughter of her..." Actually her mother was one of the labors who were working in a near by house construction.

Her mother was dragging her roughly..."poor lady she must be very tired" I thought and 
suddenly my heart was filled with pity for that girl.She was looking at me while going and smiling continuously...It was amazing and a lesson for me that how a small girl manage to smile in so much of sufferings and pain...I was also smiling and waving my hand to her. 

From that day It had become my hobby to watch that girl and she also enjoys doing silly things for me and then crackling loudly.In a very few days we had developed a bond,a strange bond...each day she unknowingly taught some lesson to me and I grasped her innocent smile inside me.I became too much addicted to her smile that whole day I wait for that moment to come when I watch her from my balcony.

April 22, I was standing at my usual place and waiting for her to come,but she dint...time passed,10 minutes,20 minutes,30 minutes but she dint come!I became a bit sad and came back.Soon it skipped from my mind when I engorssed myself in work.

I was doing some pending office work when my mother came in my room.She was murmuring something...I looked at her..she was a bit disturbed...I asked "What happened mom?"

She looking me in irritation said,"ab tujhe kya batau..kuch jaanti hi nahi tu toh...apne 
office ke kaam me hi uljhi rahti hai din raat...chal kuch nahi...koi aisi baat nahi hai..."
She turned her face but I was clear that she was upset with something.I hold her shoulders and pampering her asked,"kya hua mom..batao na.."

"arey beta..wo jo samne ke ghar me labours kaam karte hai na..unhi me se kisi ki 
beti..choti si thi...6 years ki..."My heart beated fast..."han mom kya hua usey?"I asked in worry.

"woh..kal usey food poisening ho gayi...poor girl..she died..."mom wiped her tears.
My heart sinked..."SHE DIED!!!" I fell down on couch,a storm has just passed my way and left me numb.

Mom was saying something..."ab tu ye na kahna ki mai bahut emotional hu..it happenes..."

But my ears were stuck on those words only,"She died..." 

her innocent face swinging in my eyes...when her mother was dragging her and she was 
looking at me smiling,waving her hand and going far away... whispers escaped from my mouth,

"May your soul rest in peace...GOOD BYE!!!"    

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know why I wrote this...but I just did...please bear it and pray for that girl that her soul rest in peace 
Edited by --Ruchi-- - 11 years ago
GOD...
one ur subject shocked me so much..

and than ur OS... from strt when i felt a little pain ..know how it feels to b in memories...wch turned to a content smile
u actually brought tears in my eyes...sigh

May she rest in peace...she is at far better place than this...
it was very painful ruchi.. may her soul rest in peace *amen*

~jiya~
is dis real story?
realy heart touching :/
i felt very bad ...may her soul rest in peace.
Im continuously wiping my tears dii...
It ws just unbearable...i've read the comnts first so from starting a fear ws arousing in me as i knew that something bad is gonna happen...but never imagined that it cud be so painful...
Dont know wat to say...may her soul rest in peace...
it is so so good...
i mean really heart-touching.
shud i need to inform u that u were amazing in ur desc.
this was just mindblowing.
really so different, i loved it reading.
reall heart shattering at last. why did she died, 
she was sweet in story!

so painful..so heart-touching...*cries*..