Which is your favourite Malayalam Comedy Movie?

Posted: 12 years ago
There are so many gems made in Malayalam  and so many I watch agan and again and still laugh.

Boeing Boeing is one of my favourites and I always laugh out when Jagathy comes with his story written on a roll of paper and says neenda neenda neenda katha and throws 'bombs',  or at Sukmari's antics and loadsof scenes between Mukesh and Mohanlal.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J87Q7OaOeWw [/YOUTUBE]

And then so many others like Mannar Mathai Speaking, Godfather, Poochekyoru Mukuthi, Chocolate, In Harihar Nagar and so on.

Which isyour favourite and why? 
Edited by bulls-eye - 12 years ago
๐Ÿค—The movies u quoted were all fab ribtickling movies...I also like Meleparambil aaaneveedu , Vardhkya puranam..will come up with a list of mine...Seeing u for the first time here...A warm welcome to SS forum.
Welcome to SS forum Deepa..๐Ÿค—

I don knw wat to comment on anything regarding ur post coz i don know Malayalam.. sorry dear buddy..๐Ÿ˜ณ
But will soon learn from my Avi didi...๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by avivakirk

๐Ÿค—The movies u quoted were all fab ribtickling movies...I also like Meleparambil aaaneveedu , Vardhkya puranam..will come up with a list of mine...Seeing u for the first time here...A warm welcome to SS forum.
Thank you for the welcome๐Ÿ˜ƒ Yes, I think it is my first post here though I have visited the site before.

There are just too mane movies. Currently watching Akkare Akkare Akkare and so Naadodikatu also comes to mind..

Meleparambil was too good. I watched that recently. And for natural reasons that reminds me of Godfather.

Some more are Kilikkam, tein maavin komabattu, meeshamadhavan

I do not know/remember the second one you mentioned. Hope Youtube has that one.
Originally posted by SweetyGreen

Welcome to SS forum Deepa..๐Ÿค—

I don knw wat to comment on anything regarding ur post coz i don know Malayalam.. sorry dear buddy..๐Ÿ˜ณ
But will soon learn from my Avi didi...๐Ÿ˜†
Thank you ๐Ÿค—

No worries. Problem with comedy movies is that you have to know the language to understand  as the translation does not do justice. I have the same problem with Tamil movies that I have watched and my friends who translate wonder why i dont find it funny.

You are going to learn Malayalam??  WOW๐Ÿ‘
Originally posted by bulls-eye

Thank you ๐Ÿค—

No worries. Problem with comedy movies is that you have to know the language to understand  as the translation does not do justice. I have the same problem with Tamil movies that I have watched and my friends who translate wonder why i dont find it funny.

You are going to learn Malayalam??  WOW๐Ÿ‘

U are most welcome dear.. nice to see u here..๐Ÿค—

Hmmm well said Deepa i agree wat u said on the translation.. me too had same problem long time back as im marathi.. and i learnt tamil well now..๐Ÿ˜› so malayalam too will learn soon without errors from Avi didi help..๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by bulls-eye

Thank you for the welcome๐Ÿ˜ƒ Yes, I think it is my first post here though I have visited the site before.

There are just too mane movies. Currently watching Akkare Akkare Akkare and so Naadodikatu also comes to mind..

Meleparambil was too good. I watched that recently. And for natural reasons that reminds me of Godfather.

Some more are Kilikkam, tein maavin komabattu, meeshamadhavan

I do not know/remember the second one you mentioned. Hope Youtube has that one.
Yes Vardhkya puranam is there  in u tube ..it is really funny
Originally posted by avivakirk

Yes Vardhkya puranam is there  in u tube ..it is really funny
Then I will find 3 hours this weekend to watch it. Thank you! 
True!Malayalam film industry has produced some of the best comedy films.Its difficult to choose one.๐Ÿ˜Š
I love most of films made by Siddique-Lal...godfather,In harihar nagar,Mannarmathai speaking,Hitler were some of the best creations of this duo.Sad that they dont work together anymore *sigh*
Priyadarshan-Mohanlal team has also given us many...my favourites are boeing boeing,Poochakoru mookuthi,Thenmavin kombath,Mazha Peyunnu Madalam Kottunu,Kilukam
Then there are Santhyan Anthikad films like Sandesham, Nadodikkaatu, Patana pravesham,Gandhinagar 2nd street

I can watch all these classics again and again and never get bored๐Ÿ˜Š

LOL i ended up typing a big list of my all time favourite comedy films๐Ÿ˜†

Welcome Kritz ๐Ÿค—Agree the movies u talked abt remain evergreen...one can never get tired of it...Missing those movies...there'a a Mallu thread for malayalis...come and chat there ..u will meet a fab bunch of people ..not only Malayalis.