Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Paoli Dam can't say no to Vikram Bhatt

Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
Her bare back in 'Hate Story' poster and the explicit trailer have already ensured Paoli Dam a sensational debut in Bollywood but the Bengali beauty is not perturbed about being typecast as a sex symbol in the industry. Dam says she does not find anything shocking in the content or her role of a revenge seeking woman in the Vikram Bhatt film. "As an actor, I feel boldness is just a mindset, It's not just about wearing less clothes and showing your bare back on-screen. I am not the first one to do that. There are many actresses who did it before. "I don't think it will typecast me because I can't repeat myself.

I am an actress and it's my job to bring out something new everytime. I don't like my career to be monotonous. I am getting many offers of lead roles in Hindi films and they are completely different to what I have done in this film," Dam told reporters. The 32-year-old Bengali actress, who already has a body of work in Bengal after starting her career with Gautam Ghosh's 'Kaalbela', says she decided to make her debut with 'Hate Story' as it gave her enough scope to perform as a newcomer.

"I hadn't thought of entering Bollywood before. I was quite content with the kind of Bengali films I was doing in Tollywood. But I chose this because I can't say no to Vikram Bhatt. He is sensible director and a big name in the industry. I like the storyline and my character (Kavya) because as a performer I had enough scope to perform.

"It's a multi-dimensional character. You get so many layers to perform in one character. It was a lucrative deal for me. I feel, getting a women-centric film as your launch veichle is a big thing. Moreover, the film has got good song and dance sequence to show my versatility," Dam said. Directed by Vivek Agnihotri, the film revolves around the life a female journalist who plots revenge against the man who ruined her life. The film releases on April 20.

"'Hate Story' is not about nudity. It's an emotional film. I play a girl who is like any other girl, who falls in love and in the quest of it she loses her job and motherhood and is ruined. The only option in her life is to take revenge," Dam added. After working in Bengali and Hindi cinema, she feels Bollywood is more glamerous whereas Bengali cinema is culturally rooted.

"Bollywood is more stylised and glamerise. Whereas Bengali cinema is more rooted to their culture and tradition. Bollywood is a brand itself because it is an amalgamation of all the cultures in our country," she said. The actress is also shooting for a movie based on Rabindranath Tagore's 'Ellar Charodhyaya', where she is playing Ella. The film is a period drama set in 1930.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
first day first show for sure๐Ÿ˜†

I am an actress and it's my job to bring out something new everytime.

ya you did bring out alot of stuff in the movie.๐Ÿ˜‰
This content was originally posted by: Lemony

๐Ÿ˜†
I loved her in bedroom!(no double meaning here pls,talking about a film๐Ÿ˜†)
Btw,I remember she caused quite a stir last year by doing the kand in a film with the lead actor.If she could do that in the movie then this seems a cakewalk for her.๐Ÿ˜†
This content was originally posted by: Lemony

๐Ÿ˜†
I read in one of those Facebook pages that Vikram Bhatt should've made this movie in 3D instead of Dangerous Ishq๐Ÿ˜†
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ChaMaila_Kutrea

I loved her in bedroom!(no double meaning here pls,talking about a film๐Ÿ˜†)

Btw,I remember she caused quite a stir last year by doing the kand in a film with the lead actor.If she could do that in the movie then this seems a cakewalk for her.๐Ÿ˜†

what kaand .spill the beans yaar whose the damn lucky actor๐Ÿ˜‰
Edited by manojshonafan - 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: manojshonafan

what kaand .spill the beans yaar whose the damn lucky actor๐Ÿ˜‰

Type her name in google,you'll be able to read about that more than info about her.๐Ÿ˜†She has sex with a guy in some controversial film.
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
are u talking about this 

damn did they actually had oral sex in the movie .damn lucky anubrata chap .i wish i was in his place๐Ÿ˜†

isnt the guy Rana of Kahaani
^^ and now I understand why the movie was called chhatrak(mushrooms)
๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰