Poll

Who would you have liked to see more of in this serial?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Since today all current shows - including DBSK - went off the air, and probably the last time a lot of us will get to see each other in this forum again, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you.😊

This was the first time I was the sole viewbie of a mythological forum and I was somewhat apprehensive of there being controversies, given the varied literature there is on Shri Krishna.  However,  you guys have been an exceptional bunchπŸ‘. We had no fights, or wars in this forum, and even when we had our differences, we could really enjoy them and laugh @ them, rather than battle over them. We had some great discussions and contributing members here. I know that I had a great time discussing, and participating in the forum with the rest of you guys.

I also want to recognize your support in quite a few extra-curricular activities that we did, including
  • Parina, who did a yeoman's job when launching this forum, and helping run it in its early days
  • Debipriya, who did a fantastic job updating the archives
  • Everyone who ever updates - Varaali, Debipriya, Lakshmin42, Preet, Mnx12 and anyone else who ever did updates
  • Minuu, who became channel moderator recently and put together the rules
  • Everybody who participated in the banner contest - both contestants and voters
  • Everybody who contributed both photos of actors & the serial, as well as the creations
I wanted to thank you all for making this forum a great, and even after the serial strayed well away from the original story, for keeping the forum on topic by discussing actual events from SB, HV and MB.

Since the serial is over, feel free to comment on it in these threads

DBSK depictions & presentations

For comments about Imagine channel ending, please do it here

Also, if there are any active threads that you wish to keep alive for the long term, let me know, and I can work out w/ the Mytho Masti team on moving that thread there, so that it doesn't get locked.  For the general Doubts & Discussions, just use the one already in the MM thread.

This forum will remain open for the next couple of weeks, and I've moved some of the more interesting topics about Krishna & the Mahabharata front & center.  After that, this forum will be closed, but its contents can be viewed for posterity.

Wish you all the best going forward in whatever you do.  Hope to see you guys soon maybe in other forums!

P.S.  Note that in the above poll, multiple choices can be selected
Edited by .Vrish. - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Vrish, I know I haven't been that active in this forum since a long time, but you can blame the show for that. From what I have seen while I was here, you have been a great mod and I'd like to see you moderating another section soon. Yup, we all have had our differences in the past, not just in this forum but other forums, but you've been a part of IF since the Ramayan days that you're definitely a part of my online family.πŸ€— For me, you're like that elder brother who's the wisest of them all and intimidates his brothers and sisters into behaving for him and listening to him if they know what's best for them.πŸ˜‰ Yeah, I said it, you're initimidating, but I wouldn't have you any other way.πŸ˜† 
I hope you're not going to leave IF just because this forum is closing down. I hope to see you more in the MM and DkDM forums, and other mytho forums of future mythological shows. We all depend on you for our knowledge on the puranas.πŸ€—πŸ€—
Btw, is Mahima Shani Dev ki ending too or is it being moved to a different channel?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
And to answer the poll, I'd actually like to see Vishal in another show (you forgot him in the poll btw, and he's the main character too, lol!), specifically in another mythological show. He really has potential, and it's a pity that his talent was wasted on this show.

I'd really like to see him as Lord Kartikeya or some other character in Life OK's Mahadev show.
Vr15h thumbnail
LJR

Thanks for the compliments πŸ˜†

In the poll above, I was asking who would you have liked to see more of in this serial, not whom will you follow to another serial.  This serial always felt very empty.  And no, I don't blame anyone for leaving this forum - if anything, I'm surprised @ myself for not being able to toss it, regardless of what they showed.

As I said in the MM thread, I doubt that MSDK is going anywhere - it's probably gone.  As for myself, I might lurk around in DkDM, but right now, I'm watching the IPL, and haven't had the chance to watch DkDM - even missed Shiva-Sati's marriage.  However, I won't be moderating any channel ever again, since I have that peculiar talent of jinxing any show that I moderate - even if it be about Krishna himself 😈  It's happened to 3 of the 4 channels that I've moderated.

Speaking of intimidation, how come I haven't been able to intimidate people into actively participating in either of the games - be it the one in MM or the one here? πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

LJR

Thanks for the compliments πŸ˜†

In the poll above, I was asking who would you have liked to see more of in this serial, not whom will you follow to another serial.  This serial always felt very empty.  And no, I don't blame anyone for leaving this forum - if anything, I'm surprised @ myself for not being able to toss it, regardless of what they showed.

As I said in the MM thread, I doubt that MSDK is going anywhere - it's probably gone.  As for myself, I might lurk around in DkDM, but right now, I'm watching the IPL, and haven't had the chance to watch DkDM - even missed Shiva-Sati's marriage.  However, I won't be moderating any channel ever again, since I have that peculiar talent of jinxing any show that I moderate - even if it be about Krishna himself 😈  It's happened to 3 of the 4 channels that I've moderated.

Speaking of intimidation, how come I haven't been able to intimidate people into actively participating in either of the games - be it the one in MM or the one here? πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜†

Oh okay, I get it. In that case, I would like to see more of the Pandavas...because Mahabharat is mainly about them and Krishna, not those weird stories the show was showing us. I still don't understand why they did it. They were certainly not getting TRPs, and I dont' think they think us viewers that stupid to believe everything they were showing was real. Was it because they themselves did not know absolutely anything about Krishna?😲

Aaah the games...I prefer those simple games that don't require much thought, and your games always force us to think, so that's the reason.🀣 But will try to participate more in both threads.
coolpratz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i wuld hav luved to see more of Rukmini (Priya) with Krishna...
also had hope with the Mahabharat track... after its pause the show became pathetic...also wanted to see the final battle and the most importantly the Geeta updesh ... Vishal wuld hav done it brilliantly...

well, i culdnt interact more in the forum... but 'll surely miss everyone here...😊
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Vrish:

Yup, you too deserve a vote of thanks from us. πŸ‘ You've done a great job of keeping things in order at this forum. (Speaking of jinxing every forum you moderate - why don't you just cross over to Colours and offer to modertade Balika Vadhu?  πŸ˜† πŸ˜†)

I, for one, will be sorry to see this forum closed . In particular, I would like these threads to be kept active:

Doubts and Discussions on Dwapara Yuga 
Pandava Parivar
Krishna's clan ( if the thread on Krishna's wives can be merged with this)
Mahabharata Related discussions 
Prashnottaram Thread.

Thanks once again to one and all for having made this place an enjoyable one.
Edited by varaali - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Yes Vrish, I'd like to see those threads moved to the MM as well. We don't discuss Mahabharat much in that forum that I think it would give opportunity for some rich discussion.
Vr15h thumbnail
Originally posted by: varaali

Vrish:

Yup, you too deserve a vote of thanks from us. πŸ‘ You've done a great job of keeping things in order at this forum. (Speaking of jinxing every forum you moderate - why don't you just cross over to Colours and offer to modertade Balika Vadhu?  πŸ˜† πŸ˜†)

I, for one, will be sorry to see this forum closed . In particular, I would like these threads to be kept active:

Doubts and Discussions on Dwapara Yuga 
Pandava Parivar
Krishna's clan ( if the thread on Krishna's wives can be merged with this)
Mahabharata Related discussions 
Prashnottaram Thread.

Thanks once again to one and all for having made this place an enjoyable one.

It's done!  Except for the Doubts and Discussions on Dwapara Yuga thread - there's already one Doubts & Discussions thread there meant to cover everything, so this thread will stay here, just like in case of the Ramayan.  But the other threads have been moved.  The one about Krishna's wives was more about how they were depicted in this serial so it's appropriate that that thread remain here.

As for moderating BV, I just wouldn't remain myself - I'd go on a rampage against anybody who suggests that Anandi & Jagya get back together.  I once got a warning from their DT for calling Dadisa a b🀬h.  Or else, I'd love to work that magic there. 😈
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: varaali

Vrish:

I was here for 3 to 4 months . Had lots of expectations from the show. I have learned my lesson of not expecting anything, to remain happyπŸ˜†
Vrish had I known about this moderation part, would have recomended & supported you with my friends for Colors, this is the channel, we wanted to close down from a long time.πŸ˜† Imagine was a poor copy of Colors.
I thank everyone for being so co-operative, had they given them time to close the shows with their logical ending, that would have been better.
Wishing everone all the best & we will meet soon in some or other forum😊