Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Lalita's take : Post Domestic violence Precap

LalitaLahiri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

New story : Following domestic violence track on Natasha

Natasha  replied to Ram's question :  Kartik

Priya  was  stunned  at  that  one  word.  Ram  turned  around  to  look  at  her.  The  amazement  in  his  face  was  reflected  in  Priya's  face  as  well.  Slowly  however  the  amazement  changed  to  disbelief  and  finally  anger  set  in.  Irrespective  of  whatever,  whatever  his  Chhoti  had  done,  nobody  could  do  this  to  her.  Questions  would  come  later.  He  dragged  Natasha  with  him  and  led  her  to  the  car.  He  didn't  even  bother  to  wait  for  Priya  who  had  followed  him  as  he'd  started  moving.  Niharika,  Sid,  Shiney  and  Priya  all  reached  the  gate  at  almost  the  same  time  when  they  saw  Ram's  car  pulling  off  the  driveway  at  breakneck  speed.

Niharika  immediately  shouted  for  a  driver  and  got  into  the  next  car.  She  gave  a  look  to  Priya  as  if  suggesting  that  Priya  stay  out  of  this  for  her  own  good.  However  Priya  was  also  beyond  caring  now.  She  got  into  the  car  as  well  and  they  started.

Around  5  minutes  later,  their  car  screeched  to  a  halt  behind  Ram's  car,  parked  at  the  side  of  the  road.  Shiney  was  about  to  get  out  of  the  car  when  they  saw  Ram  coming  down  the  steps  of  a  chemist  shop  with  a  bottle  of  pills  in  his  hand.  By  the  time  Ram  reached  the  car,  he  had  already  shaken  out  half  a  dozen  pills  or  so  and  popped  them  into  his  mouth.  Even  in  that  scenario,  in  that  stage  of  tension,  Niharika  gave  a  slight  smirk.  Nobody  could  save  Kartik  now  from  Ram's  anger  and  Priya  would  automatically  be  sidelined  in  the  process.  Priya  closed  her  eyes  for  the  next  ten-fifteen  minutes  and  prayed  like  she  had  never  prayed  before.  Finally  they  reached  Sharma  House  at  almost    the  same  time  as  Ram  and  Natasha. 

An  irrelevant  thought  crossed  Priya's  mind  as  they  all  got  into  the  lift  '.  thank  God,  the  lift  was  working  '.  otherwise  in  this  mentally  agitated  condition,  Ram  would  just  have  popped  a  dozen  more  pills  on  his  way  up  the  stairs.

Ram  angrily  pressed  the  buzzer.  Kartik  was  pacing  the  drawing  room  and  he  hurriedly  opened  the  door  hoping  to  find  Natasha  outside.  However  all  he  saw  was  Ram  and  that  too,  a  blazing  Ram  '  a  Ram  he  had  never  seen  before.

Sudhir  and  Shipra  got  up  from  the  sofa  '  as  a  long  line  of  people  made  their  way  into  the  house.  They  were  shocked  when  suddenly  Ram  lunged  towards  Kartik  and  challenged  him  to  hit  him.  Kartik  was  already  in  a  state  of  shock  looking  at  Natasha's  battered  face  and  he  started  stammering.  Ram  repeated  what  he'd  said  again  and  then  in  a  burst  of  anger,  pulled  him  by  the  collar.

Shipra  :  Mr.  Ram  '  Mr.Ram.

Sudhir  :  Ram  beta  '.

Ram  was  in  no  mood  to  listen.  He  shook  Kartik  a  few  more  times  and  Shipra  was  afraid  that  Ram  might  even  strike  Kartik.  Shiney  and  Sid  watched  from  the  sidelines  and  enjoyed  the  scene.  A  drink  !  that's  what  Shiney  needed  now.  It  was  as  if  they  were  sitting  in  the  arena  and  watching  a  bull  fight.  It  was  just  a  matter  of  time  before  Ram,  the  bigger  bull,  would  toss  Kartik  up  in  the  air  and  Kartik  would  fall  down  on  Priya,  squashing  her  in  the  process.  Sid  rubbed  his  hands  in  glee.

Niharika  too  was  on  cloud  9.  She  felt  she  could  speak  her  heart  out.  Ram  was  in  such  a  frame  of  mind  that  it  would  be  very  easy  to  manipulate  him.

Niharika  :  Kartik,  when  my  daughter  wanted  to  marry  you,  I  was  the  first  one  to  support  this  marriage  inspite  of  knowing  that  you  and  she  belonged  to  totally  different  societies.  In  our  society,  there  are  no  incidents  of  wife  bashing  and  such  ugly  fights. 

Shiney  :  Haanji  '.  Jhagde  toh  pati  patni  mein  hote  rehte  hai  ..  aisa  kaun  sa  ghar  hai  jahan  jhagde  nahin  hote  ..  ab  dekho  '.  humne  Ram  aur  Pirya  ke  kamre  se  bhi  toh  jhagde  ke  awaaz  suna  hai  '  ab  Ram  ne  Pirya  par  hath  toh  nahin  uthaya  !

Sid  went  to  stand  behind  Ayesha  and  tried  to  comfort  her.

Niharika  :  I'm  sure  Shipraji  '  aap  aur  Sudhir  ji  mein  bhi  kabhi  kabhi  problems  toh  hoti  hogi,  par  this  is  not  the  way  to  deal  with  a  problem.  Ram  was  so  angry  that  he  came  down  straight  here.  We  haven't  even  gone  to  the  doctor  till  now.  And  every  doctor  will  ask  for  a  police  report  in  these  kind  of  cases.  Ram's  reputation  will  be  at  stake  if  the  media  get  even  a  whiff  of  this  news.  Bhaiyya  aapko  hi  kuch  karna  padega.

Shiney  :  Haan,  don't  worry  sister.  Main  hoon  na. 

Niharika  :  Priya,  I  think  its  better  you  remain  in  Sharma  House  for  some  time.  In  case  the  media  come  to  know,    it  would  be  better  if  you're  not  in  Kapoor  Mansion  so  that  they  don't  hound  you  and  try  and  interrogate  you.  I  will  call  you  up  in  a  few  weeks  and  let  you  know  when  it's  safe  to  return  back.

It  was  then  that  Priya  took  charge.  She  remembered  the  slapping  incident  earlier  when  she'd  blasted  Kartik  in  front  of  everyone.  But  she  knew  very  well  that  Kartik  would  never  have  inflicted  that  kind  of  injury  on  Natasha  whatever  be  the  circumstances.  Maybe  a  few  weeks  earlier,  she  would  have  said  so  at  Kapoor  Mansion  itself  when  Natasha  had  accused  Kartik  but  the  incident  with  Ayesha  had  shaken  her  up  a  lot.  But  now  after  seeing  Kartik's  face,  she  was  on  sure  ground  once  again.

Priya  removed  Kartik  from  Ram's  clutches  and  moved  him  away  from  Ram.

Niharika  :  Priya,  mere  khayal  se  tum  iss  mein  na  hi  shaamil  ho  toh  accha  hoga.  Your  brother  is  at  fault  and'

Priya  interrupted  her  :  Please,  this  is  not  a  question  my  my  brother  or  Ram's  sister  (Niharika  gave  a  gasp  on  hearing  the  name  "Ram"  from  Priya's  mouth).  Natasha  is  my  husband's  sister  as  well  as  my  brother's  wife.  She  is  as  close  to  me  as  Ayesha.  And  like  I  sorted  out  the  fight  between  Ayesha  and  Natasha,  I  shall  take  care  of  this  issue  too.

Niharika  interrupted  :  Priya,  tum  apne  aap  ko  koi  mahaan  counselor    agar  samajh  rahe  ho  '

It  was  Priya's  turn  to  interrupt  :  No,  I  don't  and  never  will  think  on  those  lines.  What  is  important  to  me  is  that  my  family  members  are  hurt  and  apparently  on  account  of  fights/misunderstandings  between  each  other. 

Everyone  was  silent  for  a  while.  This  was  one  side  of  Priya  which  Niharika  had  never  seen  before.  She  always  knew  that  Priya  was  a  strong  personality  but  that  she  would  stand  up  against  her  and  that  too  in  front  of  Ram  was  something  she  had  not  imagined  in  her  wildest  dreams.

But  there  was  so  much  at  stake  for  Niharika.  If  she  let  things  go  out  of  hand  now,  she  would  never  be  able  to  retain  control  over  Ram  and  the  entire  business  empire  at  any  time  in  the  future.  She  could  see  Ram  was  still  furious.  It  was  time  to  emphasise  her  place  in  the  house  and  also  time  to  play  on  Ram's  love  for  Chhoti.

Niharika  :  Ram,  there  are  certain  issues  I  think  only  you  can  take  the  best  call  on.  Maine  aapki  daadi  ke  baton  ke  upar  kabhie  kuch  nahin  bola  hai  and  I  cannot  accept  my  daughter  in  law  talking  to  me  in  this  manner.  Ram,  you  know  I  treat  you  like  my  own  son  but  if  you  ''

There  were  tears  in  Niharika's  eyes  suddenly.  Ram  moved  forward.

Ram  :  Nahin  Ma,  please  don't  feel  hurt  '  I  don't  think  p

Niharika  interrupted  :  And  after  marriage  ,  if  you  feel  Priya  is  more  important  to  you  than  Natasha's  safety,  Natasha's  respect  and  even  Natasha's  life,  then  I  have  nothing  more  to  say.

The  anger  returned  to  Ram  in  full  flow  again  and  he  turned  towards  Kartik.

Niharika  :  Ram,  I  don't  think  we  should  have  expected  anything  more  from  middle  class  people.  I  think  the  only  alternative  now  is  an  immediate  separation.  First  things  first.    Let  us  go  home  and  get  Natasha  treated.  And  I  shall  get  divorce  papers  served  on  Kartik  tomorrow  morning.  At  least  this  time  she  is  only  injured;  next  time  I  do  not  want  to  attend  her  funeral  in  Sharma  House.  I  am  not  taking  any  chances  with  my  baby.

There  was  a  stunned  silence  at  this,  all  around.  Everyone  was  looking  at  each  other. 

Niharika  had  her  eyes  fixed  on  Priya,  to  try  and  anticipate  her  next  move.  Shiney  was  shocked.  He  had  not  expected  her  sister  to  play  her  trump  card  so  soon.  Only  he  knew  how  much  it  would  pain  Niharika  to  have  Natasha  back  with  her  tantrums  in  Kapoor  Mansion  again.  But  then,  anything  for  money.  And  power.  Sid  still  had  his  hands  around  Ayesha's  shoulders  but  at  this  statement,  she  moved  away  a  bit.  Tears  began  to  roll  down  Shipra's  face.  At  the  end  of  the  day,  inspite  of  her  million  dramas  and  dramas,  she  was  not  a  bad  person  at  heart.  Sudhir  felt  the  beginnings  of  another  attack  and  willed  himself  to  stand  straight.  He  could  not  afford  to  buckle  down  now. 

Kartik  was  probably  the  most  scared  person  in  the  room.  It  had  been  a  bad  day  for  him.
  He  had  had  to  go  to  office  for  some  urgent  work  on  a  Sunday,  and  then  had  come  back  home  to  see  his  father  lying  on  the  floor.  That  had  been  followed  by  his  angry  words  to  his  wife  and  she'd  walked  out  of  the  door  and  refused  to  take  his  calls.  And  now,  on  opening  the  door,  he  had  been  shell  shocked  to  see  her  behind  Ram,  with  a  battered  face.  He'd  thought  for  a  moment  that  she'd  been  in  an  accident  and  had  been  totally  perplexed  when  Ram  had  collared  him.  It  was  only  now  that  he'd  finally  realized  that  everyone  in  Kapoor  Mansion  believed  he  had  hit  his  wife  !  How  could  he?  He  loved  his  wife,  had  told  her  to  leave  the  house  in  a  fit  of  anger  but  he  couldn't  live  without  her  !.  Did  she  not  know  that? 

Ram  was  stunned  and  silent  as  well.  He  slowly  removed  his  fingers  from  Kartik's  collar  and  kept  on  looking  at  Kartik  and  Chhoti  alternately,  wondering  what  to  do.  And  whether  his  mother  was  actually  right.  Divorce  did  not  seem  the  right  way  out  to  him.  He  looked  at  Priya  somehow  trying  to  reassure  himself  that  Priya  would  set  everything  right,  as  usual.  Somehow  he  had  too  much  faith.  She  would  not  let  him  down  !

But  Priya  was  not  looking  at  him.  In  fact,  she  was  the  only  one  who  seemed  unperturbed  by  this  threat.  There  was  a  very  slight  smile  in  her  lips  and  Ram  knew  that  only  he  could  make  out  that  slight  smile. 

Why  was  Priya  smiling?  And  who  was  she  looking  at?

Yes,  it  was  true.  Priya  did  have  a  slight  smile  on  her  face.  She  was  looking  intently  at  Natasha.  Almost  forcing  her  mentally  to  look  back  at  her.  Would  Natasha  understand  what  she  was  trying  to  say?  Would  Natasha  understand  the  importance  of  what  was  going  on?

Everyone  was  surprised  to  see  Priya  and  Natasha  looking  at  each  other  so  intently.  This  '    speaking  to  each  other  through  the  eyes  '  continued  for  a  mere  five  minutes  but  to  the  silent  spectators  surrounding  them,  it  seemed  much  much  longer.

Finally  Natasha  broke  the  eye  contact.  And  she  ran  to  Kartik  and  buried  herself  in  his  chest.  In  a  trice,  Kartik  had  his  arms  around  her  and  they  were  enclosed  in  a  tight  hug.

Priya  gave  a  sigh  of  relief.  A  distinct  sense  of  dj  vu  gripped  Ram  as  he  tried  to  analyse  what  he'd  just  seen.  It  had  been  just  around  three  months  back  that  Priya  and  he  had  gone  through  the  same  experience  !  They  had  been  having  fights  and  matters  were  brought  to  a  dirty  close  by  Niharika  who'd  given  him  divorce  papersto  hand  over  to  Priya.  Thank  God  Priya  had  saved  him  !  And  the  hug?  Chhoti  had  run  to  Kartik  exactly  the  same  way  Priya  had  walked  into  his  arms.  And  he  had  hugged  her  back  the  same  way  Kartik  was  hugging  her  now.  They  loved  each  other  the  same  way  he  and  Priya  loved  each  other  !

Priya  :  Natasha,  Kartik  '  aap  dono  please  mere  saath  andar  chalo.

Natasha  finally  looked  up  shyly    :  Priya  dii,  nahin  andar  nahin  jaana.  I  want  to  confess  in  front  of  everyone.  Maine  ek  galti  kiya  tha..  and  Kartik  also  behaved  badly  and  was  rude  to  me.  And  so  I  did  all  this  myself  to  try  and  get  Bhai  angry  with  Kartik  and  teach  him  a  lesson.  But  dii,  I  was  wrong.  And  looking  at  you  just  now  made  me  understand  that. 

She  went  to  Priya  and  hugged  her. 

Natasha  :  Meri  shaadi  pehli  hui  hai  toh  pehle  aap  mere  dii  bane  aur  baad  mein  bhabhi  toh  agar  aap  bura  na  maano  toh  main  bhi  Kartik  aur  Ayesha  ki  tarah  aapko  dii  bula  sakti  hoon? 

Without  waiting  for  an  answer,  she  walked  to  Sudhir  and  touched  his  feet  :  Papa,  meri  vajai  se  aapka  itna  bada  attack  hone  ki  baad  bhi  aapne  mujhe  support  kiya.  As  always.  I  promise  you  I'll  never  behave  like  that  again.  Then  she  turned  to  Shipra.  Tears  were  still  falling  down  Shipra's  cheeks.  Before  Natasha  could  say  anything,  Shipra  put  her  hands  around  her  and  hugged  her  close.

Ayesha  was  the  only  one  standing  a  bit  away  from  everyone.  She  had  been  shocked  to  hear  Niharika's  words  and  finally  understood  how  evil  that  woman  was.  It  was  so  surprising  that  a  single  incident  which  did  not  even  involve  her  made  her  realize  such  an  important  truth.  She  turned  sideways  to  look  at  Siddhant  and  realized  that  what  Natasha  and  Priya  had  explained  to  her  about  Sid  was  probably  all  true.  She  would  be  on  her  guard  now.

Slowly  Niharika,  Sid  and  Shiney  made  their  way  out  of  the  house  silently.  They  did  not  even  wait  for  the  elevator  and  walked  down  the  stairs,  trying  their  best  to  escape  from  the  place  as  soon  as  possible.  Ram  took  Priya's  hand  and  pulled  her  towards  the  door  too.  Everything  was  all  right  and  he  felt  so  relaxed,  so  peaceful.  How  did  Priya  manage  to  solve  anything?  He  asked  Priya  as  soon  as  they  were  safely  outside  the  door.  But  Priya  only  gave  a  mysterious  smile  and  did  not  reply.  How  could  she  explain  that  it  was  not  she  but  rather  Niharika  who  had  unknowingly  engineered  the  happy  solution  by  trying  to  separate  two  people  in  love?  Ram  did  not  force  her  to  reply.  He  just  pulled  her  close  as  they  entered  the  lift.  Their  conversation  about  starting  their  own  family  seemed  to  have  happened  ages  ago  and  he  wanted  to  go  home  and  resume  that  conversation  again.  They  reached  the  ground  floor  and  walked  out  of  the  lift.  They  were  hidden  from  the  stairs  and  suddenly  heard  Shiney's  voice  as  the  trio  were  walking  down  the  last  flight  of  stairs.

Shiney  :  Sister,  now  I  have  finally  lost  all  my  faith  in  you.  You  did  not  manage  to  bring  about  Ram  Pirya's  divorce  and  you  failed  in  this  one  too.  The  only  divorce  you  successfully  manipulated  was  around  two  decades  ago  between  Amarnath  and  Ram's  mother.  You've  lost  your  touch  now.

They  walked  out  oblivious  to  Ram  and  Priya.  Priya  had  pulled  Ram  to  a  corner  as  soon  as  she'd  heard  this  and  they  watched  the  trio  walk  out  to  their  car  and  drive  away.

Ram  sat  down  on  the  ground.  He  felt  his  legs  give  way  beneath  him  and  he  sat  down  hurriedly.  Priya  sat  down  beside  him,  underneath  the  staircase,  in  the  dark.  It  was  impossible  for  anyone  to  see  them  unless  they  came  specifically  looking  at  that  place.  She  tried  to  embrace  Ram  to  comfort  him  but  he  pushed  her  away,  his  eyes  displaying  the  state  of  shock  he  was  in.  For  so  many  years  for  as  long  as  he  could  recollect,  he  had  blamed  his  own  mother  for  leaving  him  and  walking  away  from  him  and  his  father  and  now  it  seemed  that  his  mother  too  had  fallen  into  a  trap  !  Priya  had  saved  his  marriage  and  had  helped  saved  Natasha's  too.  But  maybe  his  parents  had  not  been  strong  enough  or  maybe  circumstances  had  been  such  that  they  had  not  been  able  to  deal  with  it.  He  knew  deep  in  his  heart  that  he  would  never  have  blamed  Priya  if  she'd  chosen  to  walk  away  that  day  when  he'd  handed  over  the  divorce  papers.  Then  how  could  he  blame  his  mother  any  more? 

Ram  started  to  speak  about  all  he  had  suffered,  by  not  having  a  mother's  hand  over  his  head.  How  he  had  craved  for  the  love  and  affection  of  his  family  and  how  he  had  always  been  denied  love.

Unknown  to  him,  Priya  dialled  a  number  and  put  the  phone  on  speaker  mode.  Ram  continued  to  speak,  trying  to  explain  his  anger  and  anguish,  trying  to  release  the  bottled  up  fear  and  felling  of  being  unloved  and  uncared  for  over  so  many  years.  But  he  still  did  not  cry.

He  suddenly  heard  "Ram  beta,  main  hoon  tumhare  saath.  Main  tumhe  aaj  bhi  utna  hi  pyaar  karti  hoon  aur  hamesha  se  karte  aayi  hoon  jaise  ki  jab  tum  chhote  se  the  ".  It  was  then  that  he  saw  the  display  light  on  the  phone  in  the  darkness  and  realized  who  was  speaking  to  him.  And  finally  broke  down;  tears  rushing  down  his  face.  He  cried  his  heart  out  and  held  the  phone  to  his  ear.  Priya  held  him  close  but  did  not  speak.  Krishnaji  continued  to  speak  in  a  soothing  voice.

It  was  a  long  time  before  the  call  was  disconnected.  They  had  to disconnect,  since  there  was  barely  time  to  reach  Kapoor  Mansion,  pick  up  their  passports  and  rush  to  the  airport  to  catch  the  last  flight  to  Australia.

They  smiled  at  each  other  other  when  Ram  raced  his  car  down  the  road  on  his  way  back.

Ram  :  I  only  have  one  grudge  in  my  life  now.

Priya  :  What?

Ram  :  Yeh  bachche  ka  idea  ek  din  ke  liye  postpone  karna  padega.  Ab  aircraft  mein  toh'.

Priya  blushed  and  looked  out  of  the  window.  What  a  day  it  had  been  !

The end

Edited by LalitaLahiri - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NancyNuts thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Lalita Ji was waiting for ur take for so long, Thank You for this😳

will comment again after readingπŸ˜ƒ
TVserialfreak thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
πŸ‘πŸΌAmazing Lalita didi...you continue to rock...really loved the confrontation of Niharika by Priya...hope to see such scenes in the serial too...hats off to your writing talent...I salute you for your contribution to this forum...you have been a great inspiration to many for showcasing their writing skills...πŸ˜ƒEdited by TVserialfreak - 12 years ago
Neenzoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow Lalli...what an episode..absolutely superb...how I wish this pans out like this...what imagination...I just love it...πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow Lalita, so beautiful..Love it. πŸ‘
mem1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Aaaw Lalita... One more masterpiece. πŸ‘

Really, kaash ki itna aasan hota.
😍

I loved the whole part, except the end. I don't think I want Niharika to be exposed so soon. cause then aur story to bacha hi nahin.

But really, it was superb! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Edited by mem1 - 12 years ago
shra28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow wow wow lalita di!!!!!tht was amazingπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

i wonder how do u manage to write so beautifully everytime!
hats off to youπŸ‘
jakther7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome loved it, u r too good Lalita di, i was waiting 4 it, now it's over with ur Fantabulas post, Hatts-off diπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, but also very upset becoz bachche  ka  idea  ek  din  ke  liye hi sahi. lekin postponed tou karan padha,  😭 now im waiting 4 ur next update,
NancyNuts thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I finally read it and what a way to solve all the problems in a single take

wished CVs visited this forum and take lessons from you

have no other words but again wanna say what a fab. writer u are Lalita JiπŸ‘πŸ‘
chitloner thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Di, its like an oasis in a dry thirsty desert. How cool it would be if life was this simple. Hoping for a dhamaka episode on monday.