Music Corner

Ismail Darbar talks about being away from films

DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
I'd always thought that the filmy world, especially Bollywood, was a place where your drama was ignored, and your work appreciated. However, I guess, every director/producer has a limit to their patience. Everything in this world exists for a reason. One such remarkable thing is diplomacy.

I strongly believe when you're in showbiz, you're supposed to carry some decorum around you. You are, no matter what, expected to have that aura around you which would encourage others to be a part of you. In the case of Ismail Darbar, I have always found the man to be rude, callous, and insensitive. I remember watching the SA RE GA MA episodes where he would support his Yalgaar team. His rude, insensitive comments; and above all, a prominently unprofessional attitude towards the other contestants, and especially the industry and its associates, always ticked me off. Somewhere down the lane, I used to wonder how this man was surviving in the industry with that kind of an attitude. It use to perplex me to try to understand him as a music director of an industry that has given him so much - fame, respect, money, opportunity to excel, etc. Where have those days gone when a Rafi or a Kishore would walk in and a smile would run on everyone's faces, or how about the whereabouts of those days when Pancham Da, Naushad, and even our very own Anu Malik and A R Rehman would amuse people, just by their mere presence.

The industry is not the same as it used to be before. I really hope this is a learning experience for Mr. Darbar. I understand he's not educated, which was obvious through his confessions on the BB show. However, I also feel that Bollywood is one such industry that refines you as you work and grow. Your talent and character is what people appreciate in Bollywood, not your opinionated nature and your undiplomatic way of thought presentations. Truly, it's an industry comprising of a group-oriented effort; not a one-man show. I am glad I went through this video and was able to share my views with all of you.

Just my two cents worth. Thank you. 😊

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJZwPcZ5iSU[/YOUTUBE] Edited by -Desi-IFer- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
This is one such classic example of such music directors in the industry. Much apologies if this came in as a defamation post. That was not my intention. My intention was to praise the industry and allow us all to think for a moment how grateful we should be for such a marvelous music and movie industry.

I won't say much as I will leave it up to you guys to judge. It's onvious no one's happy with this man's antics and opinions in the music industry; more obvious with the comments by people on this YouTube video.

Regards,

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeMpOnhcI4I&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by -Desi-IFer- - 12 years ago