Saath Rahega Always

Karan bags lead role in new serial

khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 17 years ago

Karan bags lead role in new serial

Sahara One has undertaken yet another project related to women empowerment titled Sati. The show stars upcoming TV actor Karan Mehra. He plays the character of a TV host who interviews celebrities and the elite, but is also friends with the protagonist played by Mansi Salvi, who is a lawyer and argues cases against the very same celebs.

"I was already working with Sahara One on the serial, Saath Rahega Always. I didn't audition as such for the role as the production house already had me in mind for this serial," says the actor. He is, however, not willing to disclose any further details about his character as the shooting for the soap has not yet begun.

Star One's Remix, was Karan's debut on the small screen where he played the role of a villian. "For Remix, I was lucky that I could stay in Delhi itself and give the auditions as after coming to Mumbai, I been living on my own hard earned cash," confesses the actor.  He says his parents supported his decision in pursuing acting as a career. However, they wanted their son to learn to work hard and be self sufficient.

Karan says that he wanted to be an actor right from the age of two. "Like most children, I too thought of being an actor. I felt that on maturing, this thought would gradually faze away, but it stayed," says the actor who actively participated in all his school plays. His acting skills were later fine tuned when he joined Barry John's theatre group, Imago, in Delhi.

Work is keeping this young actor busy. "I have been signed on by production houses like Siddhanth where I play the role of a DJ. For Vasundra productions, I play the role of a college guy with a revolutionary spirit. This character is almost along the lines of those from Rang De Basanti," says Karan.]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moviemania thumbnail
THANKX FOR THE INFO. Good that we will be able to see some of the actors of SRA.
khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
well...good for you...coz' i dont have sahara now... 😭
pichirocks thumbnail
hey...........what about Karan Rai........
ne hopes to see him on tv.........
I REALLY WANNA SEE HIM...............
HEY,NEWAYS....FEWDAYS AGO.............I SAW NEHA MARDA IN ZEE'S MAMTA...........
~Ange.Noir~ thumbnail
Thanks for sharing! too bad we dont have sahara... Sati sounds nice to watch... 😭
moviemania thumbnail

Originally posted by: khushix

well...good for you...coz' i dont have sahara now... 😭

Well even I've stopped watching Sahara-One, after the way they ended SRA.