preetijaiswal19 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

Hey everyone... check this out!!!!!! She enjoys playing nasty... 😡😡 

Karishma Randeva's working birthday
   By: Chaitanya Padukone
   May 27, 2006

Karishma Randeva

India Calling actress Karishma Randeva was so caught up with her hectic shooting schedules that she had to cancel plans to celebrate her birthday on May 23.

"Last year, I had a rocking party, with a lot of my friends from television," says Karishma. This time, too, my colleagues thought I would be chilling with them. But I was busy shooting for India Calling till nearly 11 pm that night, and had to call it a day, after pack-up.

Of course, my production unit and co-stars joined me for a surprise cake-cutting on the sets, during a brief break," says Karishma, who seemed elated about her "two advance birthday gifts in the form of new serials".

Grey role

The actress elaborates on her roles. "Recently, I have signed India Calling (on Star One), where I play Tara — a role with shades of grey.

She's a savvy business partner and I share office space with Aditya (Vipul), even as she exudes warm vibes for him. This creates a sense of nagging insecurity for the lead character, Chandni (Mansi) who is drawn to him.

And in her role in Suno Harr Dil Kuchh Kehtaa Hai (Sahara One), Randeva plays a "stubborn, bitchy Nikita Singhania, who, when obsess- ed with something or someone, makes sure she gets what she desires, by hook or by crook.

My stylish character tries to snatch away Rahul (Romit Raj) from Ambika (Niyati Joshi), by creating friction between them," she discloses.

Sweet to nasty

Randeva seems to get a kick from being nasty on screen. "All along, I used to be at the receiving end of the stick, always indulging in rona-dhona. But now, the tables have turned.

This time, I get to indulge in some menacing masti and create havoc. It's great fun, because there's so much scope for improvisation while playing vampish characters.

And I am always dressed to kill, which a positive character would not allow. I am thrilled that I could defy my soft-'n'-sweet image and prove that appearances can be deceptive," she chuckles.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

namo thumbnail
thanks a lot preeti 😳 😛 ......yup i saw her last yr's b'de party on popkorn zoom! 😳
hetal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i hope kamini ki tarah pura black shade na lele...grey hi thik hai...
preetijaiswal19 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
but why cant she be positive???? Why grey or black??? why not white??????????? 😡
Super Kool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
😆 😆 😆 Hetal u rite.I hope she dusn't becum another Kamini. 😡