-// JJWS 2 Articles Archive \\- *NO COMMENTS

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Welcome to JJWS Articles Archive 

You can post all articles related to the show / contestants here. 

Please do not comment. 

Jo Jeeta Wohi SuperStar 2 starts this weekend and if you've been wondering why you should watch it, we can tell you there's reason enough for music lovers! Unlike any other music reality show, you can brace yourselves for a wholesome music experience.

With a successful first season, JJWS2 is back to bring the best of musical talent on one platform. And really the focus this time around is music and music alone. Contestants in both groups - Challengers and Champions will have to give in their best to impress the judges Shaan, Shantanu and Swanand.

"While there may be a host of music reality shows around, we can assure you that Jo Jeeta Wohi SuperStar 2 is different in the true sense of the word. Along with singing, we will be paying equal attention to musical instruments too. A number of parameters will decide the best performers of the week," shares Shaan.

Akanksha adds, "A lot of people have been asking me why I am on Jo Jeeta Wohi SuperStar 2 after winning a popular title. I have just one answer - the variations and genres I will get to explore will be unlike anything I have done before. I am really looking forward to showcasing my versatality. People identify me with just one genre that is Indian classical but now I want them to see me doing something different."

So as songs you are already familiar with will now be presented in a totally in a different light, classic musical instruments share the limelight too.

Watch Jo Jeeta Wohi SuperStar 2, starting 31st Mar, every Sat-Sun at 9PM only on STAR Plus

Contestants, Participants, Photos, Videos, Winner, Eliminations, Host: Star Plus Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar 2

LIVE Streaming, Videos: Star Plus Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar 2

Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar 2 - The Musical Journey Begins

S
TAR Plus brings back the musical talent hunt Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar 2 (JJWS2) with a selection of trained and professional singers. JJWS2 has a distinctive format where the participants, runners-up and winners of previous music reality shows perform under one umbrella and compete in an innovative musical environment.

Each team will have a mentor      with Shantanu Moitra of    Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi,  Parineeta, 3 Idiots and Lage  Raho  Munnabhai fame,  mentoring the  'Champions' and  Shaan, a well- known host and  who sang in  movies like 3  Indiots, Fanaa,  Saawariya, and  many more,  guiding the  'Challengers'. These two  mentors will be joined by  Swanand  Kirkire, the  legendary  lyricist of  films such  as  Hazaaron  Khwaishein Aisi,  3  Idiots,  Parineeta among  Others, on the  judges' panel. On this show, the only focus is on music. 

"Music is the real hero of JJWS2," reveals Swanand Kirkire. There will be two teams of 'Champions' and 'Challengers'. The former would consist of winners while the latter will have the runners-up of previous shows.

JJWS2 is a complete musical package where the viewers can enjoy pure unadulterated music. The original songs will be sung in a new style that will be in sync with the singing style of each contestant. "The contestants should not only sing but also think music. This show will emphasize on the importance of musical instruments too," informs an expectant Shanatnu Moitra. The contestants are excitedly looking forward to perform on JJWS2. The judges want to soak in the musical experience. "There is no script here and we will take it as it comes. Though it is difficult to judge the trained and experience singers, it will be enjoyable," said a cheerful Shaan.

Join us for an exciting musical experience on JJSW2 every weekend on STAR Plus at 9 PM that begins from March 31st. Pamper your senses with the heavenly symphony of JJWS2.

Monday, March 26, 2012

http://starplus.startv.in/jo-jeeta-wohi-superstar/newsdetails.aspx?nid=3079

Edited by Anondo.R - 12 years ago

Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar 2 Judges excited

Are you excited about Jo Jeeta Wohi SuperStar 2? Well, so are the judges who assure you of a pure musical experience.

"Winners and runners from    other shows are getting a  platform to showcase their  talent. This is the final of the  finalists," emphasizes  Swanand Kirkire. 

"We want the contestants to  be  known through their  singing.  The aim of JJWS2 is  to learn  while performing and  competing. The musical  instruments play a very  important role on this show.  Even the judges will get to  learn  a lot in this musical  environment. We will present the contestants in a new form," reveals judge Shantanu Moitra.

What can the viewers expect from the judges? It's going to be more than just mentoring they tell us. With a lyricist joining the panel of a music reality show for the first time, it sure seems to be a complete package. Music composer, singer, lyricist...are you humming already?

"Shaan and Shantanu are very close friends of mine, and I have a very good working rapport with them. I am looking forward to the experience," informed a cheerful Swanand Kirkire.

"I will take tips from my fellow judges and friends. I will look at the contestants from a new point of view. This is beginning of a beautiful journey for all of us. A superstar will be the one who will be a solid performer and who will successfully leave a mark on everyone's heart with his/her performance. They've got to be different!," says a thoughtful Shaan.

"Music is the biggest superstar on JJWS2. The contestants need to enjoy everything about music and should be totally immersed in it. They will be compelled to think deeply about the interesting role that an instrument plays in music too," speaks Shanatnu Moitra.

So gear up for awe-inspiring performances on JJWS2 every Sat-Sun at 9PM on STAR Plus starting March 31st.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

http://starplus.startv.in/jo-jeeta-wohi-superstar/newsdetails.aspx?nid=3082

Jo Jeeta Wohi SuperStar 2 grand opening

The most awaited musical extravaganza of the season Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar 2 is finally here! It is wrapped in a brand new package of super-performances and celebrity judges and will leave your senses pulsating with its music and its singing stars.

Its unique format will be  complemented by a pure  musical experience. And the  opening acts at launch are  sure  to make your screens  come  alive! 

Gear up for a jamming session  by veteran percussionist  Taufiq  Qureshi, vibrant flutist  Ashwin    Srinivasan and vocalist  Vijay  Prakash. JJWS2 has  many  hummilicious treats that  will  leave you wanting for  more.  Sing along with our  favorite  judges, Shaan, Shantanu and Swanand, singing their special song, "Behti hawa sa tha wo'" . 

And that's not all. JJWS2 has more celebrity guest judges who will introduce the Champions and Challengers with group performances. Each of them will introduce selected Champions and Challengers by performing with them. Do you want to find out which contestant will Shaan introduce? Which Champion or Challenger is Shantanu's favorite? Which of the contenders will have the privilege of sharing the same stage as Swanand?

Dominique and Clinton can't stop themselves from humming along with the Champion and Challengers they introduce. Sreeram, Sharib and Harpreet are excited about sharing stage by someone special. As for the melodious Wadali brothers, they're going to sing their famous number "Tu mane ya na Maane" with Hemant , Sonia and Rahman.

You will be treated to these fabulous presentations by our shining stars on the launch episode of Jo Jeeta Whi Superstar 2. Tune in to groove to our musical acts and find out your own favorites! Get on this musical ride on Saturday Mar 31st at 9PM only on STAR Plus.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

http://starplus.startv.in/jo-jeeta-wohi-superstar/newsdetails.aspx?nid=3090

Shantanu to draw battle lines with Shaan

After yesterday's grand opening, the battle on Jo Jeeta Wohi SuperStar 2 begins tonight. The champions are ready to prove their worth to the challengers.

With the cream of singing reality  shows, the competition on  JJWS is of a very high level.  Each singer as we saw  yesterday is better than the  other and they have their own  fan following. Some of it even  extends to stars from the music  industry.

Ask judge and mentor Shaan  about the contestants and he  says, "All of them are stars in  their own right. They have now  joined the battlefield to emerge  as superstars. You can't underestimate the challengers too. I am a big fan of Anwesha's voice". Anwesha excitedly chips in, "I am seventh heaven after hearing the wonderful comments of our mentors."

There was one contestant though from the challenger group who left everyone including champion Aneek stunned with his soulful rendition of a popular song. Not wanting to divulge his name, Aneek tells us, "I am totally amazed. I think we champions need to up our ante already. One challenger will rightfully move to the champs group tonight."

Shantanu Moitra, the mentor of the Challengers seems to be leaving no stone unturned. He shares, "I am fine tuning the singing of my team to bring out the best in each and every contestant".

In tonight's episode, Shantanu will draw battle lines with Shaan who is the mentors of the Champions. What will Shaan be up against? Don't forget to catch all the action only on Jo Jeeta Wohi SuperStar 2 at 9PM on STAR Plus.

Sunday, April 01, 2012

http://starplus.startv.in/jo-jeeta-wohi-superstar/newsdetails.aspx?nid=3098

If music be the food of life...play on

The second season of Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar 2 began with a bang and the challengers have already set the bar sky high for the show. What makes JJWS 2 interesting is, the novel ideas and powerful performances by not just the singers but also the instrumentalists. One such outstanding performance was a jugalbandi between Challenger Mohammed Irfan and ace shehnaivadak Madhukarji.

The Shehnai is an instrument  that is associated with  auspicious occasions and this  performance was no less.  Shehnaivadak Madhukarji is a  veteran who has been playing  the Shehnai since over 40  years. He has played with  legends like R.D. Burman and  Kalyanji Anandji in the Hindi film  industry. He is a living example  of the saying, 'where there is a  will, there is a way'. 

Madhukarji has undergone a    Jaw surgery after which, doctors opined that he would never be able to play the shehnai again. Undeterred by this setback, Madhukarji designed a lever on the Shehnai that would help him play in spite of his jaw difficulty. Ask him about his experience at JJWS and he promptly says, "I felt so good to perform on stage with these young singers. They are so talented and their passion for singing matches mine." A word of advice from the man who has conquered all odds, "I want to tell all the contestants, don't be scared! When you perform do not be stressed, give it your best, let the music flow within you and you will succeed."

Challenger Mohammed Irfan is all praises for the Shehnai genius. "Initially I was very sceptical about being able to sing with the shehnai. Maula Maula is a song based on the harmonium and tabla and to sing along with a shehnai was very challenging. It was Shantanuji's vision and Madhukarji's encouragement that helped me give a good performance. Madhukarji's determination and grit is inspiring. He makes us think, that when we are blessed with a talent, we must go to any length to respect it." Ask him how he would describe his jugalbandi experience to fellow contestants and he says, "It is challenging to add inputs into music but if you get into the technical aspects then it won't work. Only if you feel it will you enjoy it."

That then, is the new mantra for all the performers. Instruments are interesting, platform is great; don't just accept a challenge, enjoy it! Don't forget to watch Jo Jeeta Wohi SuperStar 2, Sat-Sun at 9PM for more of such awe-inspiring performances.

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

http://starplus.startv.in/jo-jeeta-wohi-superstar/newsdetails.aspx?nid=3114

Article : Champions to face their first challenge on JJWS

With the Challengers giving stellar performances in their opening acts, the Champions are sure in for some tough competition. They will be performing for the first time in the coming episode on Saturday in the challenge for the day called 'Sur Taal Ki Chaal.'

In this episode, the  champions  will make  innovations with sur and  taal  in each of their  performances.  This  innovation  will show  how  a  song can  sound  different  and entertaining  with  small variations. It is  a  great challenge for the  Champions to maintain the  original feel of the song  and  yet  create a magic  with their  innovation.

Champion Aneek says,    "Actually it's a difficult  process  and involves a lot of thinking and planning. We are vocal artists and try to keep the compositions intact. Hum ek soch ko barkaraar rakhne ki koshish kar rahe hai. With due respect to the original composers, we're just trying to add an extra punch. I think it's a beautiful task and I am very happy to get this chance of experimenting with songs. More than winning the title, I am here to show viewers what I am capable of."

Shaan has mentored each of them intensely for their very first challenge. He has been very involved in their rehearsals and even asked them to "use their shoot breaks to rehearse instead of gossip." Ask Vaishali and she tells us, "I am trying to balance motherhood and my professional life. I am thankful to Shaan sir who is so involved in our rehearsals and helps us a lot. Daily riyaz is very important for any singer and I often sing lullabies to my daughter which is also a kind of riyaz for me."

With place for only six Champions, who do you think will be the first champion to lose the medal of honor? Watch out for some dhamakedaar performances only on Jo Jeeta Wohi SuperStar 2, Sat-Sun at 9PM on STAR Plus.

Thursday, April 05, 2012

http://starplus.startv.in/jo-jeeta-wohi-superstar/newsdetails.aspx?nid=3123

Dosti ka Imtihan - for the new 'frenemies' on JJWS

As Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar 2 enters its second week, the Champions are all set to defend their titles. The challengers have proved their mettle to the judges and all eyes are now focused on the reigning Champs. While the air is rife with competition, there are also underlying bonds of friendship between some of the contestants.

Champion Aneek and  challenger  Sharib have been  friends for a  long time. Aneek  has done  several reality music  shows  while  Sharib is     a  successful  music  director.  We  asked Sharib  about  his  equation with Aneek,  "Aneek  is  a very good friend and a  superb singer. We are in a  competition but then this  platform is such that  everyone is  learning from one  another." But,    how do you  maintain a  friendship  while  battling it out  against one    another? "I don't  believe in being diplomatic. Aneek is my friend and if I feel something, I tell him. In the coming episode I felt that he should have sung in his original voice and I told him just that."

Another long-time friendship is that of Sreerama and Shivam. They have competed against each other before where Sreerama was declared winner. Ask Sreerama if he is worried about defending his title and he says, "I'll do what it takes to win. I'll put in 200% and perform in a way that people love." How does he feel about Shivam being up against him? "Shivam and I share a brotherly bond. We comment on each other's' singing and even discuss things backstage. But, at the end of the day this is a competition and the result is not in our hands."

It seems like the competitors on stage don't shy away from helping each other off stage. As Sharib puts it, "I firmly believe in the age old saying jahan log aapki tareef kare vahan mat raho, jahan aapki khaamiyan nikale, vahan se seekho."

Will this attitude help the contestants give flawless performances? Let's wait and watch Jo Jeeta Wohi SuperStar 2, Sat-Sun at 9PM on STAR Plus.

Friday, April 06, 2012

http://starplus.startv.in/jo-jeeta-wohi-superstar/newsdetails.aspx?nid=3124

Ash King gives western tadka to desi songs on JJWS

The Champions and Challengers are neck to neck in the competition with each one trying their best to outdo the other. In tonight's episode of Jo Jeeta Wohi SuperStar 2, the champions will set a high level of competition that the challengers have to beat. And popular singer, Ash King will arrive tommorow to do just that.

The challenge of the day is  'Desi songs with a western  tadka'. Ash King steps in to  support the challengers with a  special performance and set  the western mood. "It will be  fun and interesting to see how  the challengers perform. The  task for them is to present desi  songs with a western flavour.  I am sure they will perform  well. In fact I am already a  fan of Hemant and would love  to see him win the show.  Besides, Sreeram and Aneek  are are talented singers too."

But Ash King's presence on the show is not all hunky-dory. He comes face to face with Shaan after the much controversial chapter between the two regarding a popular song from the movie Bodyguard which both have sung."Ash King claims that our fathers were great friends and have even worked together. This has taken me by surprise!", adds Shaan.

Coming back to the Challenger's performance, 16 year old Sonia will leave everyone awe-struck with her beautiful rendition of a Sunidhi number. And one of the judges even goes on to say that he is so impressed by her that she is the 'next Sunidhi'. Who gave this huge compliment to Sonia?

A blend of desi and western music would be incomplete really without a mention of judge and mentor Shantanu. In fact he has an unexpected innovation up his sleeve!

So will the challengers do justice to the western theme and which challenger will get eliminated this week? Watch Jo Jeeta Wohi SuperStar 2, Sat-Sun at 9PM only on STAR Plus to find out.

Saturday, April 07, 2012

http://starplus.startv.in/jo-jeeta-wohi-superstar/newsdetails.aspx?nid=3127