I don't tag myself as a role-model, says - Rajeev

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

I don't tag myself as a role-model, says Rajeev Khandelwal

Upasana Mantri

Rajeev Khandelwal, who consciously keeps a low profile, feels that he is still learning and wants to reach the Everest one day. In a chat with TOI, he tells us that he is wary of his star status.

Rajeev Khandelwal, who is busy shooting for " When Love happens" in Bangkok, says, "When you are a public figure, you have certain responsibilities and people look up to you and they tend to get influenced by you. Though I don't tag myself as a role-model, but I am a public figure and I need to be careful." While the recent Saif incident, where the actor allegedly assaulted Iqbal Sharma at a restaurant in Mumbai, made headlines, Rajeev feels that there are other big stories. "Honestly speaking, I feel there are compelling issues and bigger stories than the Saif incident which need to make headlines. I feel the Saif episode was a small incident which was blown out of proportion. As for me, I keep the star part away from the 'real' Rajeev and I like to enjoy the small pleasure of life. It is possible that someday, I am partying hard and some issue is made out of my life because some people like putting down celebrities," Rajeev shared.