Index of RKD articles (No Comments)

Posted: 17 years ago

Lets make an article archieve of RKD!.. Please no comments!😃

It basically a story about a family and the oldest brother's struggle to keep the family together after the supposed death of the father and the death of the mother. The Abhayankar family is composed of the parents, Sharad and Sharda, Suhas( the brother) , Subhangi, Tejaswini( Teju, the main girl) and mansi ( manu, the youngest girl), twins.

Tehjaswini Abhaynkar is our leading lady, a young nurse who is studying medicine, and who will see her dreams in chaos when she falls in love with Rahul Raichand , a successful engineer. In spite of belonging to completely different worlds, circumstances will bring them together, and once they meet, their lives will forever be entwined. An unexpected and profound love will keep them fighting for each other, in spite of secrets, passions, intrigue and catastrophes which will take this relationship to the limits of bewildering emotions. tejaswini will see herself having to pick between the love and gratitude she feels for her oldest brother and the passionate love she feels for Rahul Raichand.

This is a story you live, not the type you narrate. A story that will intimately involve the viewer with its characters. It is not a story of external events that determine the action, but a story about life itself. It is full of profound feelings that will take our characters to confront and risk adventures never before thought could be possible.

This is a journey that will take us inside the human spirit and its emotions.

Languid Afternoon Bondings
Friday, May 12, 2006 12:30:25 IST
TV channel Sony announced its nayee dopahar plans with two serials, Risshton Ki Dor and Kabhie To Nazar Milao, to be launched on Monday. At the launch, the media was given a pair of sunglasses as protection against the glare of the serials. After taking a good look, PREMA K gives an inside view...
  </>

A quick chat with the main actors of 'RisshtoN Ki Dor'

Anuj Saxena
He plays Suhas, who's torn between the love for his three sisters and his wife, Noinika.

You seem to be in for an image change in 'Risshtoh Ki Dor'!
Here, I'm playing a simple Maharashtrian middle- class guy. It's so different from all my flamboyant characters on television. Initially, it felt odd to be wearing simple clothes but it was challenging for me as an actor to portray Suhas.

What is the serial about?
It's about a brother, played by me, and his three sisters. He marries a girl, Noinika, played by Urvashi Dholakia, who's a social climber. There are problems between her and his sisters as well as between the two of them. He loves her a lot and somewhere she also loves him. She's a very modern girl and wants more from life than what a middle-class guy can give her. It's not the typical run-of-the-mill sort that one sees on television. The brother-sister relationship has not been tapped before on television. This is what appealed to me about the show. The promos are looking fresh and there's a good response to it.  It's very real, there's no melodrama and it's something, viewers can relate to. A child comes into the picture and there's a twist in the tale. Hopefully, this will be my parting shot to television.

Are you planning to produce films full-time now?
I'm definitely going to produce films. Currently, we have two scripts. I still have my unreleased film, 'Lips'. I don't know what's happening to it. My producer-director Samir seems to have gone into hibernation in Canada. Now, I don't really care whether the film releases or not. But somehow, I wouldn't want an unreleased film against my name.

Do you think delayed films work?
I saw the film recently and it still works for me. With correct marketing and limited release, it should find an audience in the multiplexes. But had it been released about a year back
when the hype around it was still there, it would have done well. I'm sure once my own films release, it will suddenly be released one day (laughs).

Gaurav Chanana
He plays Rahul, a very interesting character. He falls in love with Tejaswini, Suhas's favourite
sister.

Describe Rahul.
He's a guy with grey shades. He's a promiscuous guy, not very high on morals. He's engaged to one girl, is sleeping with Suhas' wife and falls in love with Suhas' sister.

Wow!
(Laughs) But there's a human side to him too. He's also very ambitious and is ready to forgo a lot in life to achieve it.

Do you relate to him?
I love his psyche. He's not a superficial guy. I don't agree with him but I understand him.

Are you worried about falling into the Casanova slot?
I'm not going to get typecast. I'll do something very different in my next show. Even if I were to play a Casanova again, I'll give him a different shade. Two guys can't be the same.

Sampada Vaze
She plays Tejaswini, Suhas's favourite sister

What attracted you to the show?
I couldn't see myself doing roles where I'm unhappy with my family or in-laws. I found the show very realistic. I liked the star cast and the fact that the Adhikari brothers were producing it.

Do you relate to her?
Like her, I'm also very soft and don't speak much. But when I talk, I don't mince my words.

How did it feel working with Anuj?
It was good fun especially watching him switch on and off. I have to learn this from him. One minute he was smoking away and joking, the next minute he was the big brother talking seriously.

Are you planning to take on anything new?
n I'm shooting for this for 15 days a month. The rest, I'm busy with my ad shoots but I'd love to host a travel show or an animal show. I'll even do it free (laughs).

Edited by ejaz_lover - 17 years ago
Sony enters afternoon slot programming with 2 Shows
Thursday - May 11, 2006
Televisionpoint.com Correspondent
After launching the two 9.00 to 10.00 PM shows Sony Entertainment Television has spruce up the afternoon slot in the trademark of Nayee Dopahar, starting May 15, 2006. The new afternoon band is aimed at providing entertainment throughout the day, with the launch of Nayee Dopahar the viewers will have an opportunity to watch two original shows from 12 noon to 3.00 p.m.

The afternoon band will present two new shows Kabhi To Nazar Milao and Rishton Ki Dor which deal with subjects that have never been explored on Indian television earlier. The shows are from UTV & Sri Adhikari Brothers, these shows brings endearing characters, fresh faces, new relationships, high drama etc.

Commenting on the new Afternoon Band, N. P. Singh, COO, SET India said, "Sony Entertainment Television is extending choices to the viewers with the new line up of programs, on primetime, afternoon, and the soon to launch 10.00 PM band. Also with the introduction of the new afternoon band we want to consolidate our numbers."

Kabhi To Nazar Milao, is a story of a girl, a sunshine girl, Sunaina. Her kind of beauty, serene and innocent, hypnotizes every soul who sets eyes on her. Her world is in darkness but she makes it colourful. Life has not been very fair to her but she faces challenges with great confidence. This young girl overcomes all odds to emerge a winner.

"With Kabhi To Nazar Milao, Sony Entertainment Television brings an unusual love story to the afternoon band amongst the clutter of family dramas .This poignant story, of an endearing young girl, and her determination to succeed in her world of darkness will surely captivate the attention of all our viewers." adds Singh.

Risshton Ki Dor is a poignant story of three sisters and their brother and the evolution of their relationship that promises to warm every heart, a unique tale about sibling bonding and the love between a brother and his 3 sisters… a saga so close to reality, portraying the human spirit and emotions.

"In our constant endeavour to provide variety entertainment to our viewers, in Risshton Ki Dor we have dealt with a relationship that has never been explored on Indian television before. The story is very simple yet well told. It will warm the hearts and homes of every viewer who believes in this poignant relationship." concludes Singh.

Touching, ain't it? Anuj Saxena and Urvashi Dholakia in Rishton Ki Dorr
Relatively speaking

Known more for their thrillers and comedy shows, the production house of Sri Adhikari Bros ventures into the daily soap world with Rishton Ki Dorr. Based on a telenovella, it will air from May 15 in Sony's new afternoon time slot of 1.30 pm.

According to producer-director Gautam Adhikari, "It is the story of three sisters and their brother." The star cast includes Anuj Saxena playing the dutiful brother of the three sisters (Sheetal Thakkar, Monaz and Sampada Vaze). Urvashi Dholakia plays Anuj's wife while Gaurav Chanana is the love interest of one of the sisters.

"My character is that of a girl who marries a middle-class guy Suhas (played by Anuj). Soon, she is disillusioned as she does not get to fulfill her dreams of a lavish lifestyle," says Urvashi. All those tuned into Star's regular afternoon offerings like Bhabhi, now have a choice on what to watch.
Wake up to naya dopahar on Sony

All those who complained about being bored in the afternoons, now have a reason to smile - Sony launched a bouquet of shows at Taj Lands End in Bandra in suburban Mumbai today. In its bag is a love story produced by UTV, Kabhie to Nazar Milao and a family drama by The Adhikari brothers, Risshton Ki Dor.

Anuj Saxena in Risston ki Dor

The new afternoon band comprising the two shows will be on air from 15 May from 1:00 - 2:00 pm. This comes close in the heels of Sony's announcement last month of the shukr hai shukra vaar hai band on Fridays.

Surely, the next in line is the weekends that will be up for revamp!

Anyways coming back to the two shows, both of them seem capable of holding their own, but for different reasons - Kabhie...has launched two new faces and Risshton...banks on veterans. While one is a love story with a twist, the other's a complex story of a family that struggles against all odds to survive without their parents. Both have the potential to do well, primarily for two reasons - a concerted effort to launch original programming in the afternoon that is sure to attract eyeballs and also because the shows will be followed and preceded by repeats of primetime programmes.

Gagan Arya and Sudeepa Singh

But perhaps the greatest draw to this band will be the return of Sony's prodigal son, Anuj Saxena. Last seen as Abhay Kapoor in the channel's aam ladki ki kahaani, Kkusum, Anuj wil now team up for the first time with Urvashi Dholakia who will play his wife. The later was absent from the press meet today, because of the sudden demise of her aunt.

All in all the naya dopahar on Sony looks good and for all those housewives who are looking for fresh fare to spice up their afternoons these two shows are going to be a breathe of fresh air!

Negative is positive for Urvashi

Queen vamp talks about her new soap and beau

Actor Urvashi Dholakia, the original vamp, of tellydom is back after a long hiatus. She's returning to 'Kasautii Zindagi Kay' in June and will also be seen in Gautam Adhikary's 'Rishton Ki Dorr'. Urvashi reveals, "I wanted a three-month break from Ektaa. I have been slogging since six years and I needed one desperately. But I guess I took a little longer to return."

Urvashi who became popular with her role as the vile 'Komolika' in 'Kasautii…' will be playing a negative character in 'Rishton…' too. "Playing a protagonist or an antagonist is just the same for me. I have been in the industry since the last 22 years but I only became popular after playing Komolika. If negative works for me I have no qualms about it." About her role in 'Rishton…' she says, "I play Anuj Saxena's wife - a seductress who wants everything her way. It's a colourful character."

Director Gautam Adhikary elaborates, "Urvashi was perfect for the role. I couldn't think of anyone else. The story revolves around a brother and his three sisters. It's about emotions and relationships and not melodrama." Apparently, the story is an adaptation of a telenovella titled 'Three Sisters'.

Urvashi says excitedly, "It will be a lot of hard work once again but I will ensure that I keep time for myself and my family." And what about her links with Sandeep Chowta? "I have admitted that we are dating each other. But marriage is not on the cards right away," she signs off
Sheetal Thakkar, who was last seen in Kituu Sab Janti Hai, was caught in a dogfight (literally) and ended up with a dog bite. "I had taken my dog to a park. Another ferocious dog attracted mine and later started attacking it. I tried to pull them apart and in the bargain, got bitten. Within three seconds, I had this terrible burning sensation and rushed to the doctor," reveals Sheetal. When asked what else is she doing these days besides getting involved in dogfights, Sheetal laughingly informs that she is busy shooting for an upcoming show Risthon Ki Dor. A family drama between three sisters and one brother, the serial has Sheetal playing the simple and strong-headed elder sibling. That apart she isn't willing to divulge anything more. The actress who has a passion for travel and adventure has tied up with Gem Travel and Tour Agency recently. Our sources informs us that Rishton Ki Dor is a part of a new band Sony's introducing in the afternoon called Nayee Dopahar. Rishton.. produced by Adhikaris starts airing from May

SHE IS: Sampada Vaze

BACK TO THE BASICS: Born in a tiny city in the interiors of Maharashtra, Sampada has studied in schools everywhere from Darjeeling to Agra. She went to college in Pune and that's where her parents live at present. "My dad was in the army," she says, "and that explains the travelling!" 

THE BIG BREAK: "There was an advertising agency in the building where I worked, so I guess you could say I was discovered in an elevator. They asked me to come and audition and that's how I got my first commercial assignment. It was a print campaign for Pears."   

YEARS ON THE RAMP: Sampada hasn't done any ramp work, because she is not that tall. "Besides, I'm more curvy than skinny. So I have been offered mostly commercials and music videos." She has been a model for just over two years. 

THE ASSIGNMENT SHE'D MOST LIKE TO TOM-TOM: The television commercial she did for Chevrolet. She's the girl looking up at the moon from the Optra's sunroof in their Karva Chauth inspired advert.  

THE LAST TIME SHE GOT DRUNK: Two months ago at Olive. 

HER TOP BEAUTY SECRET: Leave your skin free of makeup as often as possible. 

SHE'S MOST GUILTY ABOUT EATING: Pizza 

IF SHE WEREN'T A MODEL: She'd be a human resources person at some big corporate house. 

THE NEXT STEP: "I was a model by chance, but I intend to be an actor by choice…" she signs off.

Manish Goel

Anuj Saxena

Manish and Anuj in yet another imbroglio

The cold war between the two actors heats up as Anuj bags a role that was originally offered to Manish

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Actors Manish Goel and Anuj Saxena, who became friends during Saara Aakash, later fell out due to professional differences. Their animosity reached such a level that even Manish's wife Poonam Narula who was working with Anuj in Kkusum became part of their cold war. 

The fact that the Goels and Saxena can't get along is old news. However, later both men decided to just keep away from each other. But now it looks like the duo has clashed again.

Manish Goel (of Bhabhi fame) says that Sony Sab's new show Rishton Ki Dor was originally offered to him. Manish says, "I had stopped shooting for Bhabhi, an afternoon show on Star Plus. So Sony Sab offered me another afternoon show. But I thought it would be unethical to put one show in the lurch in order to do another. So I asked for some time to think… and the next thing I read is that Anuj had stepped in and taken over the show."

But Manish has no regrets. He says, "I don't blame anyone for the loss. It was my own decision. As a matter of fact, after Nach Baliye, I'm being selective about my work. I wish I could have done Rishton Ki Dor but unfortunately things did not work out. It's okay. My loss is someone else's gain."

Incidentally, Rishton Ki Dor isn't the only show Manish has turned down. He also declined Rajshri's Pyar Ke Do Naam Ek Radha Ek Shyaam and Ravi Chopra's Virasat. He explains, "I don't fret over my no-work scenario. I'm getting loads of offers, but I'm weighing all the pros and cons before committing myself to any. I turned down some shows either due to the money factor or the footage." 

When asked if he feels bitter about losing a big role to his adversary Anuj, Manish replies, "Losing or bagging a show is all about destiny. I've nothing against Anuj. I don't know why, but we keep crossing each others' paths all the time," he smiles

Urvashi bereaved

Urvashi Dholakia was conspicuous by her absence at Sony's event yesterday to launch Nayee Dopahar — their afternoon band. The actress features in Sri Adhikari Bros' show Rishton Ki Dor which will air at 1.30 pm.

Dholakia lost her aunt due to which she was unable to attend. This daily's cast includes Anuj Saxena, Shital Thakker and Sampada Vaze.