Lalita's take : March 5th :LAST PART IV UPDATED - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago

New fiction 3rd March

(Starts from where Priya leaves tha party after flirting with Ronit. I'm ignoring the precap.)

Neha  drops  Priya  home.  Priya  goes  up  to  her  room  and  makes  her  way  to  the  dressing  area.  She  stands  in  front  of  the  mirror  and  removes  her  earrings  and  brushes  her  hair.  She  is  about  to  change  her  clothes  when  she  recollects  that  she  took  so  much  pains  to  dress  up  properly  and  Mr.  Kapoor  didn't  react  at  all.

Her  anger  returns  and  she  goes  out  and  sits  on  the  sofa. 

There  were  so  many  questions  in  her  mind '  so  many  thoughts ' like  lots  of  angry  flies  buzzing  around  an  open  beer  tankard.  Room  renovated ;  no  reaction.  She  dressed  up  for  him ;  again  no  reaction.  What  was  this  man  thinking  of?  Why  did  he  come  back  from  US  so  suddenly ?  Did  he  really  come  back  for  Natasha's  show ?  Why  did  he  want  to  see  her  on  video  chat ?  Why  did  he  call  her  to  the  office ?  If  Niharikaji  had  not  come  in  suddenly,  would  he  have  said  something ?

She  calls  Neha  to  ask  if  there's  any  news  of  Ram  &  Vikram.  Neha  informs  her  that  she'd  just  spoken  to  Vikram  and  both  of  them  were  apparently  enjoying  themselves  without  their  wives.

Now ?  Take  a  deep  breadth,  Priya ;  she  tells  herself.  Accordingly,  she  kicks  off  her  shoes  and  sits  down  on  the  couch,  crosses  her  legs  and  tries  to  meditate.  It  was  a  long  time  before  she  could  relax  '.  after  such  a  physically  and  emotionally  exhausting  day.

There  was  an  old  game  she  used  to  play  '.  many  years  back  '  when  she  wanted  to  sort  out  certain  issues  in  her  mind.  10  questions.  And  she  would  judge  herself  with  the  number  of  positive  answers  she  got.  The  questions  had  to  be  structured  in  a  way  that  positive  answers  indicated  the  correct  path  to  follow.  And  the  answers  had  to  be  on  the  spur  of  the  moment.  No  thinking  twice.  That  was  a  trick.  To  help  reveal  what  was  hidden  in  the  innermost  corner  of  her  heart.  Would  that  game  help  her  now? 

Let  me  give  it  a  try,  she  thinks.

1.   Did Mr.  Kapoor  come  back  from  US  for  me  :  Yes 

2.   Was  he  too  busy  to  notice  the  renovated  room  and  hence  no  reaction  :  Yes

3.     Did  I  behave  badly  in  trying  to  make  him  jealous  by  flirting  with  Ronit  :  Yes

4.   Did  I  break  my  deal  with  Mr.Kapoor  when  I  made  fun  of  his  weight  and  fitness  during  my  conversation  with  Ronit  :  Yes

5.   Do  I  really  think  he  was  going  to  say  something  special  after  our  discussion  on  Dhoni  :  Yes

6.   Was  it  possible  that  Vikram  stopped  him  from  saying  anything  in  the  same  way  Neha  had  stopped  me  :  Yes

7.   Do  I  love  my  husband  :  Yes 

8.   Does  my  husband  love  me?  Yes  (without  a  minute's  hesitation)

9.   Now  that  I  think  he  reciprocates  my  feelings,  should  I  not  confess  and  help  him  to  open  up  :  Yes

10.  Is  Neha  wrong  in  asking  me  to  wait  for  him  to  make  the  first  move  and  confess 

Here  she  was  finally  stumped. 

She  closes  her  eyes  and  tries  to  think  rationally.  Was  Neha  right  in  asking  her  not  to  betray  her  emotions  first  so  as  to  enable  her  to  always  keep  the  upper  hand?  But  why?  Why  would  she  need  to  keep  an  upper  hand  on  her  husband?  Hadn't  he  always  shown  himself  to  be  so  compassionate,  caring  and  understanding  whenever  she  and  her  family  were  involved? 

But  Neha  also  couldn't  be  wrong.  She  knew  Neha  loved  both  of  them  very  much  and  would  give  them  only  correct  advice.  And  Neha  had  so  many  years  of  experience. 

And  she  blushed  when  she  remembered  her  8th  question.  Closing  her  eyes,  in  the  dark,  that  answer  came  naturally  to  her.  But  now,  with  eyes  open,  waiting  for  Ram  to  finally  come  back  after  enjoying  the  party  without  her,  she  again  wasn't  sure.

But  hadn't  she  herself  always  maintained  that  whatever  she  thought  from  the  heart  was  the  true  answer  ? 

She  paced  the  room,  troubled,  worried.  What  was  she  to  do?  This  was  one  area  where  she  couldn't  even  consult  her  father.  Her  Papa  would  be  shocked  at  this  discussion.  Her  mother  could  be  ruled  out  too.  Krishnaji ?  No  '.    informing  her  that  she  loved  her  son  was  still  fine  but  asking  her  advice  on  how  to  propose  to  her  son  was  out  of  the  question.  Maybe  if  Krishnaji  wasn't  related  to  Ram,  she  could  have  asked  her.

Why?  Why  was  Neha  stopping  her?  Why  was  she  listening  to  Neha  when  her  heart  told  her  she  should  go  ahead ?

A  fear  of  rejection  ?  Embarassment  on  a  daily  basis  if  he  still  maintained  that  theirs  was  a  "samjhauta"  relationship  which  had  progressed  to  friendship  but  nothing  beyond  that  ?  Maybe  she  was  mistaken  in  reading  his  feelings?  But  Neha  had  not  stopped  her  from  confessing  her  feelings  because  there  was  a  possibility  of  rejection.  Neha  had  in  fact,  almost  confirmed  that  Ram  also  cared  for  her  ..'  cared  very  much.  Neha's  main  reasoning  was  that  whoever  confessed  first  would  always  be  kept  waiting  for  the  other  person  throughout  life.  But  even  if  that  was  applicable  in  case  of  Vikram  &  Neha,  would  that  apply  to  them  too?  She  and  Neha  were  totally  different  and  so  were  Vikram  &  Ram.  Then?

She  looks  at  the  time  again.  It's  almost  2  am.  Should  she  call?  She  walks  to  Ram's  side  of  the  bed  and  picks  up  the  photo  frame  with  their  snaps.  She  smiles  at  his  snap  and  clutches  the  frame  to  herself.  And  sits  down.  Would  lying  down  on  his  side  of  the  bed  help  her  to  think  like  him  ?  Would  it  help  her  to  decipher  what  he  thought  of  her  ?  About  her  ?  About  their  relationship  ? 

She  lies  down ,  smiling  at  herself ,  at  her  thoughts ,  on  his  side of  the  bed , still  clasping  his  snap  to  her  chest.  And  slowly  dozes  off  in  some  time,  drained  out  physically and  emotionally,  after  a  long  long  day.  There's  a  soft  smile  on  her  lips.

Edited by lolita_lahiri - 12 years ago
Thanks Lalli...yeh dil maange more..
Thank u vry much! Ya i di mange more n mor n more! Plz update soon! Waiting dear!
Awesome lalita... Continue soon
Thank you ...the 10 questions and priya ans juzz awesome ...
will you apply the fight scene in this ..than im waiting for it how you turns it into a confession ..

And there u are with your awesome update...you are our weekend Raya dose... πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks you Lalita...very nice...
Please continue soon...
you write really well...I love reading your postsπŸ˜›
superb take..
bang on target...
Loved it..
continue soon...
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ please continue waiting ...
πŸ‘πŸ‘
awesome as alwaysπŸ‘πŸ‘