Sensational South

Jayam Ravi has transformed from chocolate boy to a

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
I DON'T WANT TO BE BRANDED'

Jayam Ravi has transformed from chocolate boy to action hero

Srinivasa Ramanujam

His upcoming flick, Aadhi Bhagawan, has been delayed extensively and Jayam Ravi makes no bones about it. "It's been a while since audiences saw me on screen but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait," he says confidently, "It was a difficult phase for me — these past few months — but I'm not the least perturbed. I even had a chat with my good buddies from the industry (Jiiva and Arya) and they said even they had to wait for a while for some of their films. Vikram anna told me the same and assured me it would be worth the wait. We've done a good job on the film and that's the reason for our confidence."
   An action sequence canned in Thailand is highly talked about; did he do this risky sequence without a double? "Yes, that's true," he says, "We were shooting at an abandoned ship and the sequence required me to climb down a mast of 100 ft upside down! I'm happy that it's come out well."
   Post Ameer's Aadi Bhagawan, he'll start work on Kalyan's Bhoologam. Also on the cards is a film with Samuthirakani and perhaps one with brother Jayam Ravi as well.
   He's currently trying to finalize his look for Bhoologam in which he plays a boxer again. "We have almost 100 different looks lined up," he says, "We'll freeze on one soon."
   Will the homework he did for M Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi (in which he played a kickboxer) come in handy here? "Not at all; in fact I'm trying to forget M Kumaran…," he reveals, "As both the films are based on similar themes, there's bound to be comparison. I'm trying my best to see that nothing from that film is repeated here." His last release, Engeyum Kadhal, was romantic but also had action. Is he trying to turn 'action hero'? "Well, I don't want to be branded," he says, "Till Dhaam Dhoom and Peraanmai came along, I was considered a chocolate boy. Those films broke that image and perhaps filmmakers felt that I was a good bet in the action genre too."

'AD'DING VALUE

The actor has just signed on a commercial for a clothing brand. "It'll be my first ad," he reveals, "The company had approached me a while ago but I was sporting a beard then, for one of my looks in Aadhi Bhagawan, and so couldn't do it then. They approached me again recently and I said, 'why not'."

TAKE 5

CLOSEST BUDDIES
Arya, Jiiva, Vishal
BEST CO-STAR ON SCREEN
Genelia
SUPPORT SYSTEM
My family ("My dad, Editor Mohan, and brother Jayam Raja help me a lot")
DIRECTOR HE WISHES TO WORK WITH
Vetri Maaran
ACTRESS HE WISHES TO WORK WITH
Anushka

Jayam Ravi

Genelia

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Yeah, it has been a while since I saw him on screen 🤔

Engeyum Kadhal was so and so, and hopefully he would bounce back with his upcoming releases. Looking forward to AB ! 
sahi. thumbnail
Aadhi Baghawan nalla irukkum nu nenaikiren ameer thaana director so expect pannalam