Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Lalita's take : Friday, 10/2. Chapter 3 updated

LalitaLahiri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

New Story 10th Feb 2012 : This starts from the morning after the long drive, when Ram falls asleep whilst Priya is speaking to him and after Priya confesses her love for Ram.

Priya  is  sitting  on  the  sofa  with  a  book.    But  it  is  difficult  for  her  to  read  even  one  page.  Every  few  minutes  her  eyes  drift  to  Ram,  sleeping  on  his  side,  facing  her.  There's  a  big  smile  on  her  face.  This  was  the  person  who  had  made  her  feel  so  special.  Taken  care  to  fulfill  whatever  meaningless  wish  she  came  up  with.  And  she  was  deeply  in  love  with  him.  Priya  closes  her  eyes  in  a  brief  prayer  to  the  Almighty. 

Suddenly  she  notices  the  time.  Mr.Kapoor  would  be  late  for  office.  She  calls  him,  trying  to  wake  him  up.

Ram  stretches  on  the  bed  and  opens  his  eyes.

Ram  :   Priya?  Subah  ho  gaya?  I  cannot  get  up  now.  Mera  sar  itna  bhari  lag  raha  hai. 

Priya  :  Kya  hua?  Sar  mein  dard  ho  raha  hai?

Ram  :  No,  its  not  paining  exactly  but  I  don't  feel  well.  Kya  karoo'

Priya  looks  at  the  door   and  reassures  herself  that  its  closed.  Then  she  gets  up  and  goes  near  the  bed,  near  Ram.

Priya  :  Thoda  hatiye.

Ram  looks  up  with  sleepy  eyes  :  Haan?

Priya  :  Thoda  hatiye'  mujhe  yahan  baithna  hai.

Ram,  surprised,  moves  a  bit.

Priya  moves  the  extra  pillows  and  sits  on  the  bed  and  lifts  her  feet  up.  She  arranges  the  pillow  on  her  lap  and..

Priya  :  Aap  yahan  aayie.  She  tries  to  lift  Ram's  head  with  both  her  hands.

Ram,  very  very  surprised  :  Tum  yeh  kya  kar  rahe  ho?

Priya  :  Bas,  chup  rahiye.  Trust  me.

She    arranges    Ram's    head    on    her    lap    and    starts    to    stroke    his    head.    Like    a    mother    puts    her    child    to    sleep.    Ram    keeps    looking    at    her    for    some    time.    It's    a    precious    moment    and    slowly,    he    begins    to    relax.    He    closes    his    eyes.    Priya    continues    what    she's    doing,    without    saying    anything.    After    some    time,    Ram    falls    asleep,    with    a    smile    on    his    face.

Priya  smiles,  looking  at  her  husband's  peaceful,  smiling,  sleeping  face.  Memories  of  the  last  few  days  flash  through  her  mind.  Unconsciously,  her  action  changes  a  bit.  She's  now  caressing  Ram's  hair,  his  head'..gradually,  she  changes  from  a  mother  to  a  wife.  When   this  thought  hits  her  after  some  time,  she  blushes.  Krishuji  was  right,  she  thinks.  A  woman's  role  can  be  so  myriad  !

Ram  awakens  after  a  good  hour  of  solid  sleep.  He  opens  his  eyes  and  smiles. 

Ram  :  Priya,  tumhari  haato  mein  sahii  mein  jadoo  hai.  Thank  you. 

Priya : You're welcome.

Ram,  sits  up  and  grins  and  scratches  the  side  of  his  forehead  :  Waise,  you've  been  sitting  in  the  same  position  for  so  long'  are  you  ok?

Priya  smiles  :  Ab  aap  yeh  sab  sochonge  ya  office  bhi  jayenge?  I'll  arrange  for  breakfast.  She  starts  to  get  down  form  the  bed.

Ram  sees  the  time  and  is  shocked:  I  can't  go  to  office  so  late.  I  might  as  well  stay  at  home  and  work  here.

Priya  :  Kyon?  Its  not  that  late.  Please  get  ready.

Ram  :  No  Priya,  I'm  not  going.  I  told  you,  I've  started  being  late  ever  since  my  marriage  but  today  is  the  limit  !

Priya  :  Thik  hai  phir'  we'll  have  breakfast  and  then  I'm  leaving  for  my  class.

Ram  :  What  is  this?  Why  can't  you  take  leave  for  one  day?  We  can  go  out'?

Priya,  smiles  :  No  thanks.  I  cannot  miss  my  classes.

Ram  grumbles  :  Phir  main  akele  ghar  me  kya  karunga? He  gets  up to  get  ready too.

They  have  their  breakfast  together  and  leave.

Evening

Priya  is  standing  in  front  of  the  mirror  in  the  changing  room.  There's  a  frown  on  her  face.  Ram  enters,  calling  her.  He  doesn't  see  in  the  bedroom  and  comes  to  the  changing  room  to  look  for  her.

Ram  :  Hi.  Main tumhe  kab  se  bula  raha  hoon. Why  aren't  you  replying?

Priya  :  Hi.

Ram  :  Kya  hua?

Priya  lifts  one  strand  of  hair  and  shows  him.

Ram  :  Haan,  baal  hai.  Kya  hua?

Priya  :  Yeh  safed  hai,  Mr.  Kapoor.  I'm  becoming  old.

Ram bursts  out  laughing :  Priya,  I  didn't  think  you  would  be  bothered  by  all  this.  Baal  safed  hue  toh  kya  hua?  Tum  ab  bhi  acchi  lagti  ho,  white  hair  ke  saath  bhi  achchi  lagogi.

Priya  sees  his  innocent  face  and  smiles  inside.

Priya  :  Haan,  mujhe  pata  hai.  Main  pehle  bhi  behenji  lagti  thi  aur  baad  mein  bhi  lagoongi.  This  is  what  you  want  to  say,  right?

Ram  :  Priya  !  I'd  said  that  in  fun.  Tumhe  abhi  bhi  woh  yaad  hai !  I'd  said  that  just  to  get  that  man  to  go  away  and  mind  you,  after  apologizing  to  you.   Please  ..

Ram's  phone  rings.  Ram  indicates  that  its  Vikram's  and  picks  up  the  call.

Ram  :  Haan  bol.

Vikram  :  Tu  free  hai  na?

Ram  :  Haan,  ghar  pe  hoon.  Bata.

Vikram  :  Nahin,  tu  free  hai  na? 

Ram  :  Haan  bola  to. 

Vikram  :  Nahin  tu  soch  le..  tu  dance  vance  toh  nahin  kar  raha  hai  na?  Else  I'll  call  back  later.

Ram  delivers  a  few  of  his  choicest  abuses  to  Vikram  who  starts  laughing.

Vikram  :  See,  I  called  up  for  something  serious.  Tomorrow  there's  an  office  party  at  the  Hilton  which  I  need  to  attend.  Neha  also  wants  to  go,  just  to  see  my  new  colleagues,  but  unofficially.  So  her  suggestion  is  that  both  of  you    and  Neha  have  dinner  at  the  Hilton  tomorrow  and  I'll  join  you  after  I'm  free.  Meanwhile  she  can  see  everyone.  Kya  kehta  hai?

Ram  :  That's  ok  with  me.  I'll  tell  Priya.  But  the  kids?

Vikram  :  We'll  drop  them  at  Neha's  mom's  place  on  our  way  there.  So  we'll  meet  at  7. 

Ram  disconnects  the phone  and updates  her. He then  goes  to change  while  Priya  arranges  dinner. She  has  cooked  a  vegetarian  dinner  for  Ram  which  he  thoroughly  enjoys.

Post  dinner,  they  sit  down  on  the  bed  to  talk.  After  some  time,  Priya  starts  to  yawn.  She  gets  up  and  starts  to  walk  to  the  couch.

Ram  :  Priya..

Priya  :  Haan..?

Ram  :  Tum  yehi  so  jao  na'  now  you're  not  disturbed  by  my  snoring  any  more,  are  you? 

Priya  shakes  her  head.

Ram  :  Toh  phir  aa  jao.  Baat  karte  karte  so  jayenge.

Priya  nods  and  goes  around  to  the  other  side  of  the  bed.  Even  before  she  can  lie  down,  Ram's  snoring  starts.  Priya  looks  at  him  adoringly.  Then   she  lies  down  and  turns towards  him.  She  finally  falls  asleep,  looking  at  his  face.

Next  evening

Ram  picks  up  Priya  from  Kapoor  Mansion  and  they  go  to  The  Hilton.  Neha  and  Vikram  have  already  reached. 

Ram  :  Aa  gaye  hum.

Neha  :  Dikh  raha  hai,  Fatty.  Tum  aaoge  aur  dikhae  nahin  dega,  aise  ho  sakta  hai  kya?

Ram  :  Vikram?  Party  has  started?  Your  boss  is  also  here?

Vikram  :  No.  I  heard  Boss  is  not  coming.  But  the  party  is  just  starting  and  I  need  to  go.

The  3  of  them  sit  down.  Ram  orders  for  a  drink.  Neha  tells  Priya  about  their  time  together  in  college.  Priya  also  asks  many  questions  as  she  wants  to  know  about  Ram  as  much  as  possible.  Vikram  comes  in  once  in  a  while,  spends  some  time  with  them  and  leaves.  They  can  see  some  of  the  happenings  of  the  party  too,  albeit  from  a  distance.  Neha  makes  Ram  &  Priya  laugh  with  her  comments  on  Vikram's  colleagues.  She  especially  praises  someone,  saying  he  looks  like  an  ideal  hero,  tall,  dark  and  handsome.

After  some  time..

Priya  :  Neha,  dekho..Vikram  is  coming  this  way  with  that  tall  dark  and  handsome  guy.  Ab  tum  Vikram  ke  saamne  iske  saath  flirt  karoge?

Vikram  reaches  them.  He  is  accompanied  by  two  of  his  senior  colleagues  and  he  introduces  them  as    Mr.  Khanna  and  Mr.  Gulati.    They  are  very  happy  to  meet  the  famous  businessman  Mr.Ram  Kapoor  and  repeatedly  request  him  to  join  their  party.

After  a  long  argument,  finally  Ram  is  persuaded  and  all  3  of  them  join  Vikram  and  his  colleagues.

There  are  many  people  wanting  to  greet  Ram  and  soon  Priya  and  Neha  find  themselves  alone.  In  some  time,  Mr.  Khanna  comes  and  starts  talking  to  them.  3  of  them  spend  some  time  after  which  Vikram  calls  Neha  to  introduce  her  to  some  of  his  colleagues.  Priya  is  left  standing  alone,  with  Mr.  Khanna.  Mr.Khanna  had  a  lot  of  information  on  how  coaching  classes  ran  and  was  cynical  about  the  whole  process,  suggesting  that  these  centres  were  set  up  only  to  mint  money.  Priya  argued  with  him  and  they  continued  to  talk  for  a  long  time.

Ram,  out  of  the  corner  of  his  eye,  had  been  noticing  this  for  quite  some  time.  He  was  furious  with  Neha  for  leaving  Priya  alone  and  is  also  furious  with  Priya  for  spending  so  much  time  with  that  guy.  A  crowd  of  people  are  surrounding  him  and  it  is  some  time  before  he  is  able  to  join  her.    As  soon  as  he  reaches,    Priya  includes  him  in  the  debate  and  asks  him  for  his  views  on  the  subject.  Ram    is   still   angry  and  does  not  say  much. 

Ram    :    By    the    way,    how    do    you    have    so    much    information    on    the    subject?    Did    you    run    a    coaching    class    earlier?

Mr.Khanna  :  No,  my  wife..  or  rather,  my  ex-wife  did.  We're  divorced  now  but  earlier,  I  used  to  assist  her  a  lot  in  her  work.

Another  colleague  calls  Mr.Khanna  and  he  excuses  himself.

Ram  is  still  very  angry.  Priya  suddenly  realizes  this  and  asks  him  the  reason.  Ram  does  not  explain.  After  some  persuation,  he  says  :  That  guy,  that  stupid,  divorced,  over  confident  conceited  guy  was  flirting  with  you,  Priya.

Priya  :  No,  Mr.Kapoor,  you're  mistaken.  He  was  just  conversing  with  me.

Ram,  angrily  :  Haan,  mujhe  dikh  raha  tha. 

Priya  cannot  believe  that  her  husband  is  actually  jealous  !  She  is  very  happy  and  provokes  him  further  :  Then  why  didn't  you  deal  with  him  like  you  did  in  Australia?  Aaap  bata  dete  ki  unka  level  gir  jayega  agar  woh  meri  tarah  ek  behenji  se  flirt  karenge?

Ram  holds  her  hand  and  takes  her  to  a  corner.

Ram  :  Priya,  main  tumhe  bahut  baar  bol  chuka  hoon  ki  woh  baat  maine  mazaak  mein  bola  tha.  Why  don't  you  understand?  And  that  type  of  response  was  adequate  for  that  guy.  This  one  is  a  polished  flirt  !  How  dare  he  come  near  you  and'

Priya  smiles  and  looks  down.

Ram  holds  her  by  the  shoulders  :  Priya,  main  yeh  tolerate  nahin  sakta  ki  '. Then  he  notices Priya smiling. 

Ram  :   Why  are  you  smiling?

Priya  tries  to  move  back  :  Nothing

Ram  strengthens  his  grip  on  her  shoulders, perplexed  :  Batao.  I  will  not  let  you  go  till  you  tell  me.

They  can  hear  Vikram  calling  Ram  and  he  releases  her.  Vikram  and  Neha  reach  them.

Neha  :    Now  they're  going  to  start  dancing.  Ram,  I  want  you  out  on  the  dance  floor  now.

Ram  is  trying  to  hush  up  Neha.

Priya  :  Mr.  Kapoor  dance  karenge?

Neha  :  Haan.  Fatty,  tumne  Priya  ko  bataya  nahin?

Ram  puts  his  hand  on  his  head  :  Neha,  can't  you  keep  a  secret?

Priya  looks  from  Ram  to  Neha,  confused.

Neha  :  Priya,  tumhara  pari  mere  se  salsa  seekh  raha  hai  for  the  last  few  days.

Priya  is  like    :  Hawww  !!

Vikram  :  Haan  Ram,  chal  na.  Ab  toh  tu  achcha  dance  kar  leta  hai'  Sab  milke  dance  karenge  toh  mazaa  aayega..

Ram  :  Nahin.

Neha  :  Ram,  hadh  hoti  yaar.  Tum  apne  teacher  ke  baat  nahin  sunoge?

Vikram  :  Haan  Ram,  maan  ja.  Mazaa  aayge. Tu  Neha  ke  saath  dance  karle'.

Neha  interrupts  :  Vikram,  have  you  gone  mad?  You  want  me  in  the  hospital  with  a  crushed  foot?

She  turns  to  Priya  :  Priya  ,  your  husband  stamped  my  foot TWICE  with  his  500  kg  foot  and..

Priya,  suddenly  reemebering  their  deal,  that  they  would  not  allow  any   outsider  to  make  fun of  each  other,  interrupts  :  Neha,   that  must  have  been  your  mistake'.

Now  it's  Vikram's  and  Neha's  turn  to  go  Hawww!!!

Ram  gives  his  cute  smile.

However,  Neha  is  not  someone  who  will  give  in  so  easily.  She  smiles  at  Priya  and  says'..Accha  Madam,  ab  tumhe  dance  karna  padega  Ram  ke  saath.

Priya  :  Nahin,  sorry  Neha..  please.. .. mujhe  dance  karna  nahin  aata  !

Ram  gives  an  "Now  don't  lie"  look  to  Priya. 

Everyone  drifts  to  the  small  ballroom  close  by.  The  ballroom  is  lighted  up  by  lots  of  small  lights,  glowing  like  candles  all  around.  The  music  starts  and  many  couples  join  the  dance.  Vikram  and  Neha  too  join,  pushing  along  Ram  &  Priya.

Ram  holds  Priya  and  they  sway  to  the  beat  of  the  slow  music.  It's  not  salsa  but  Ram  is  now  confident  and  he  guides  Priya  expertly.  Priya  is  pleasantly  surprised  and  enjoying  the  closeness.  She  looks  up  to  see  Ram  looking  at  her.  They  continue  looking  at  each  other.  Ram  is  lost  in  a  world  of  her  own.  So  many  thoughts  ply  his  mind;  so  many  memories  in  this  short  time,  accumulated  with  his  loving  wife.  This  sensation  of  holding  her  close' why  is  he enjoying  this  so much .. in  fact , to  be honest,  even  craving  it?  Why  was  he  so  angry  at  someone  trying  to  close  to  her ?  Ram  is  caught  in  a  web  of  emotions.  He  closes  his  eyes  and  tries  to  blank  out  everything.  Why  is  he  enjoying  fulfilling  Priya's  wishes?  Why  is  he  willing  to  do  anything  just  to  see  a  smile  on  her  face?  He  doesn't  understand..  and '.. he  doesn't  want  to.  For  the  moment,  he  just  wants to  live  in  the  present.  He  opens  his  eyes  to  see  Priya,  looking  at  him.    He  smiles  and  gathers  her  closer,  almost  resting  his  face    on  her  soft  hair. 

The  music  stops.  Vikram  and  Neha  pull  Ram  and  Priya  to  the  side.

Vikram  :  Ram,  Priya,  tum  dono  ghar  jao.

Ram  :  Kyon?  Kya  hua?

Neha  :  Tum  dono  ke  shakal  pe  saaf  dikh  raha  hai  ki  tum    yahan  kitna  bore  ho  rahe  ho  aur  akele  mein  kuch  aur  hi'..

Priya  interrupts,  Neha,  kuch  bhi  bolti  ho.

Neha,  smiles  :  Achcha,  tel  me  honestly..  were  you  guys  in  this  world  whilst  you  were  dancing?

Ram  &  Priya  look  at  each  other  embarrassed.  Priya  starts  blushing.

Vikram  :  Anyways,  ab  toh  Neha  ne  bhi  officially  party  join  kar  liya  hai'.. toh  tum  dono  jaa  sakte  ho.

Ram  :  Vikram,  tu  hume  bhaga  raha  hai?

Neha  :  Haan.  Ab  jao.  Good  night.

RaYa  leave.  They  get  into  the  car  and  start  the  return  trip.  Both  are  silent  and  apprehensive and  also  awkward  and excited, all  at  the  same time.

Ram  parks  the  car  and  they  enter.

Niharika  is  waiting  near  the  entrance. 

Edited by lolita_lahiri - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SriB thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Please continue your wonderful writing 
jaya_5 thumbnail
AWSOME, plz continue soon, only u cn save us 4rm dis boring weekend.
viny_queen thumbnail
super loved it me 🀒 plz soon update
jakther7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wow, lovely post please continue,eagerly waiting 4 next post. u made my friday, thanx
IndYa4u thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
fantastic as always..

keep writing.. we all eagerly wait for your version of BALH episodes..

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

neha445 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
πŸ˜ƒ wow youu are one of the best ff wriers this forum has ever seen plz update soonπŸ‘
luvbalh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
continue the next  post  plz

haribol79 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Outstanding.. pls continue soon...
girdharmona thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
awesome.lovely supab.plse update soon.