Sandeep Chowta interview

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

'My album is not about Mallika'

MANISHA ALMADI MIDHA

Sandeep Chowta clarifies that his new album Mallika I Hate You is not targeted at the Bollywood bombshell! ''My album has nothing to do with Mallika Sherawat,'' says he. So, how come the title? ''I wanted an Indian name. I could have even named my album Chandramukhi I Hate You! But Mallika sounded more Indian. The title is about the women we love but can't touch. They are inaccessible and remain in our dreams,'' explains he. However, Sandeep has met Mallika and feels ''she's the country's biggest sex-symbol! I might work with her in my next album,'' he smiles putting the rumours of their animosity to rest.

Sandeep who is always known to do things differently has also ''introduced the concept of releasing a single'' in the country with Mallika I Hate You. ''There is just one song in the album rendered in five different genres like lounge music! This concept is quite popular abroad. But not acceptable in India. I experimented, hoping it would be successful here too! It was a challenge to also get one model to hold people's attention throughout the video! But I was convinced about the girl and she has managed it!'' After a long time, Chowta has made a jazzy video! ''I had to make a commercially viable product! But what is most important is that I have made a clean video and shot it myself !'' Sandeep also says he's featured singer Sonu Kakkar in the video along with the model ''because why should a singer always remain in the background while the celeb in the video bags all the attention.'' About collaborating with Sonu on the album, he says, "amongst the newer lot, her voice is very young!'' Sandeep is also working on his ''next album with a New Jersey based vocalist. It will be a classical album ready by the end of the year.'' He is also ''composing the songs for an album on the Indian Idol 2 contest.'' But Sandeep who's done his bit of Bollywood playback is not keen to croon for movies ''because I don't like interference from the filmmakers.''

i saw his interview on tv yesterday...he was saying how the title of his album isnt inspired by mallika sherawat...itz just a name...itz sumthing like mallika i hate u becuz i cant touch u....so itz more like mallika i love u

but if he named it mallika i love u...no1 wud watch it or hear it...so he named it mallika i hate u (becuz i cant touch u) LOLLLLL

newayz...thanks for teh article 😊 ...hope to see the indian idol 2 song soon 😊
are you a khoji journalist soul? 😉
thanx for sharing though....I really refresh first page every min. to see whats new and whats news from Sonya!!

peace
what does he mean when he said chandrmukhi is not an indian name??
poor sandeep chowta...... 😊

anywayz thanks
sandeep chowta seems 2 be a very hard task master, he seems 2 be very plain speaking and blunt.
even in the video whr he was teachin the top3 the idol song, u can see him giving strong comments, very bluntly