Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Films are meant only for experimenting:Ekta Kapoor

saisamanvi thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Films are meant only for experimenting: Ekta Kapoor

PTI | 08:01 PM,Jan 19,2012

Mumbai, Jan 19 (PTI) Film and TV producer Ekta Kapoor, basking in the success of her last prodution venture 'The Dirty Picture', says she owes all her success to the small screen and films for her are meant only for experimenting. "Whatever I am today is all because of television. All the emotional connect is with television. I am experimenting with films...I am enjoying the freshness of it. But it (films) probably helps me understand television better. "Whatever little art of storytelling I know all comes from television," Ekta told reporters here last night after launching her new show 'Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada'. "You might love to travel across the world and love to go to Paris but Mumbai will always be Mumbai. For me films are like Paris," she added. The TV Czarina has produced several popular television shows like 'Hum Paanch', 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi', 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii', 'Kasautii Zindagii Kay', 'Kkusum', 'Pavitra Rishta', and 'Bade Achhe Lagte Hain'. In 2001, she ventured into producing films, her debut movie being David Dhawan's 'Kyo Kii... Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta'. Though it faltered at the box-office, she tasted success with films like 'Kyaa Kool Hai Hum', 'Shootout at Lokhandwala', 'Love Sex aur Dhokha', 'Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai', 'Shor in the City', 'Ragini MMS' and 'The Dirty Picture'. Her next films lined up for release this year include - 'Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum', 'Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai 2', 'Shootout at Wadala' and 'Rock The Shaadi'. (More) PTI KKP VKV

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks Sai! Ek qn yaar.. Do we have to comment anywhere else and get BALH tagged in the article to increase Rank?
SriB thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for posting a great article  Sai. 
Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the article..

I do despise ekta at many occasions but i cant deny that this woman dares..! There is something in her yaar !