•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

Just shoot me...

Manav Gohil is not just an actor… he is also a photographer

Kunal M Shah

Television actor Manav Gohil may be better known for his acting skills. But not many are aware of his skills behind the camera. The actor, you see, is a keen photographer. Gohil's love for the camera dates back to his struggling days. Before he shot to fame, he assisted camerapersons on the sets. "I did not have too much work, then. So I used to assist the cameraman in one of the shows that I was acting in. I would play around and take care of some basic stuff like focussing the lens and composing a frame," he reminisces.

Soon enough he realised that he was getting good at it and graduated to clicking pictures. After that his love for the camera only grew. The moon and trees, he informs, are his favourite motifs.

He further says: "I am very fascinated by light and frames and like experimenting with them. My favourite time of the day is the evening when the sky is a slight tinge of gold."

Not surprisingly the camera became his companion on every journey he took. Speaking about a jaunt to Kerala he recalls: "Shweta and I were on a vacation. We ended up in this small village in Kerala and I was particularly fascinated by some old women sitting there. I shot their pictures and even though I may say it so myself, but the photographs came out pretty well."

However deep down Gohil remains fascinated by nature. He says: "I like talking pictures of tress, water and the country side. In fact, I don't mind taking up photography professionally. However for now, it is just a hobby and if I have to make a career out of it, I have to work hard. I am not an indoor person and I can't shoot a conference but I love the outdoors."

The actor it seems has also shot a portfolio for Vrajesh Hirjee and Yash Sinha and realised that "I could excel in this". Presently though he is nurturing the dream of making a short film. He informs: "I asked my friends to work on a script and want to shoot it on a handycam."

Well done Manav.
Keep up the good work. 😉
Nice, good backup if the acting thing doesn't work out. 😃