Sasural Genda Phool

Akshay sethi disappointed

sakshisin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Akshay Sethi

Akshay Sethi raced up on the popularity chart with his dual father-son role (Deepak) in Star Plus' popular show Sasural Genda Phool. The actor impressed everyone with his performance, but currently he is in a pensive mood. Reason? He is not too happy with the way his character is shaping up.

"I am really happy being a part of the show. It has given me a lot. But somehow I feel my character is getting side-lined. At times, I feel a bit low," shares Akshay withTellychakkar.com.

"I want to do more challenging roles like in Dhoom Machao Dhoom and Saath Phere. Initially, even my character in Sasural Genda Phool was quite exciting. But now it has just become a filler and I am not learning or growing as an actor," Akshay goes on to say.

However, he is thankful to the production house (Ravi Ojha Productions) for roping him in for such a cult show. He is very proud about it but frankly feels that viewers can no longer connect with Sanjana (Tapeshwari Sharma) and his love story as it is not shown regularly.

"I don't have any complaints against the writers as I know the show has a huge star cast and they believe in giving equal importance to each and every character. However, I feel sad when I realize that my potential is not being exploited," says he.

Furthermore, the actor has been in three shows with Star Plus, namely Grahasti, Saathiya and Sasural Genda Phool, and has a good rapport with the channel. However, he opted out mid day in Grahasti and Saathiya. So is he planning to quitSasural in between as well? "I agree that I left both the shows but when it comes toSasural… I won't quit it mid-way at any cost. It has given me recognition as an actor and I don't want to spoil my relationship with the channel. All I hope is that things will shape up in the future."

Akshay, we too hope the same. Have a good year ahead!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greenleaf007 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: sakshisin

However, he is thankful to the production house (Ravi Ojha Productions) for roping him in for such a cult show. He is very proud about it but frankly feels that viewers can no longer connect with Sanjana (Tapeshwari Sharma) and his love story as it is not shown regularly.

"I don't have any complaints against the writers as I know the show has a huge star cast and they believe in giving equal importance to each and every character. However, I feel sad when I realize that my potential is not being exploited," says he.

Furthermore, the actor has been in three shows with Star Plus, namely Grahasti, Saathiya and Sasural Genda Phool, and has a good rapport with the channel. However, he opted out mid day in Grahasti and Saathiya. So is he planning to quitSasural in between as well? "I agree that I left both the shows but when it comes toSasural' I won't quit it mid-way at any cost. It has given me recognition as an actor and I don't want to spoil my relationship with the channel. All I hope is that things will shape up in the future."

Akshay, we too hope the same. Have a good year ahead!!!

But we have a BIG one. 😆