OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello!
You will find all the articles regarding the show and it's characters right here.

Thank You,
Deboleena..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Survivor gets its Top 3 ?

Saturday, November 05, 2011 | 5:30:58 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Survivor gets its Top 3 ?

According to reports, an actor, producer and swimmer have made it to the top 3 in this unique reality show...

Survivor India ' The Ultimate Battle, a reality show which promises to take its viewers on an adventurous journey has already been shot in Philippines with 10 contestants and our khoofiya khabroo reveals that Abhinav Shukla, J D Majitia and swimmer Bula Chuaudhary might be the ones who have made it to the top 3.

The finale is yet to be shot but we hear that it will be held locally. The show which was slated to go on air on Star Plus has been moved to Star One which will be revamped into Star Desh sometime next year.

It will be interesting to see who grabs the title of being the ultimate 'survivor.' Keep watching!

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Megha Bissa
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Abhinav's biggest shock in Survivor India

Sunday, December 25, 2011 | 10:50:45 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Abhinav's biggest shock in Survivor India

Abhinav Shukla shares one of his moments from Star Plus' upcoming show Survivor India-The Ultimate Battlee...

Abhinav Shukla is definitely one of the most adventurous guys you can find in the television industry. The actor, who is presently seen in Star Plus' Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain, will soon be seen on the channels' upcoming creepy and exploratory reality show, Survivor India-The Ultimate Battle. Though Abhinav went all prepared, he got one of the biggest shocks and was revealed to one of the greatest secrets of the game-show.

Abhinav says, "The greatest shock for me was the first vote out. I was under the impression that the weak contestants would be voted out first but what happened ultimately was the opposite. It came as a shocker when we all had expected a particular contestant to make an exit but an unexpected contestant was voted out."

Watch all the exciting elements in Star Plus' Survivor India-The Ultimate Battle which will hit screens from January 6, 2012.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Survivor shifts to Star Desh

Monday, October 17, 2011 | 2:31:18 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Survivor shifts to Star Desh

A new reality show that was to go on air on Star Plus has been moved to an upcoming new channel...

It seems that the Star Network is not leaving any stone unturned to make their new channel launch a big hit. It is no secret that Star One is being revamped into Star Desh in the coming months but the truth states that the officials are planning to execute a huge marketing strategy to ensure that Star Desh is launched on a grand scale.

A number of shows from different genres are lined up to go on air on this new channel. But the latest development we hear is about the reality shows on Star Desh.

A source informs, "Along with the much awaited reality show, 'Sach Ka Saamna' whose promos have already hit the screen, Star has now shifted yet another reality show Survivor India – The Ultimate Battle to Star Desh. Sach Ka Saamna will be the first reality show on the channel while Survivor will follow the former."

The media has reported about Survivor taking over Just Dance on Star Plus. So does that mean the show will be pushed forward? "Survivor... will be launched by March next year only after Sach Ka Saamna sees an end and therefore the finale of Survivor is yet to happen. It will take place only once the channel goes on floors," states the source.

An anonymous person requesting secrecy confirmed the buzz.

Let's wait and watch to see who survives this test of the time!

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Megha Bissa
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Survivor comes to India

TNN | Jan 5, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Survivor|Shilpa Sakhlani Agnihotri|Payal Rohatgi|Karan Patel
Survivor India" where they had to survive 45 days on a remote island in Philippines, approx 5000km away from India. The channel is now bringing their experience closer to its viewers at Inorbit Mall, Malad, Mumbai.

Viewers can catch the experience live on ground from 11am and on starplus.in from 3pm onwards on January 6, as one person attempts to survive an entire day without the basic essentials of life.

On this day of the launch, celebs and the show's participants, Payal Rohatgi, Priyanka Bassi, Karan Patel, JD Majethia, Abhinav Shukla, etc will perform various show-related challenges at the mall.

The campaign will also encourage mall-goers to participate in a few challenges all day at the venue. For the first time ever, a radio channel will be airing its show live from the Survivor shack and a news channel will be hosting the show. "Survivor" originated in Sweden in 1997 and is now broadcast in many countries worldwide. In the US, it debuted in 2000 and is currently at its 23rd season on-air right now. The premise of the show is to test the spirit of people marooned on an uninhabited tropical island. Contestants are divided into two competing tribes. With every episode, the losing tribe needs to vote one of its members out.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Survivor-comes-to-India/articleshow/11362558.cms

shanti05 thumbnail

Battling for survival

Read more:Survivor|Shilpa Saklani|Payal Rohatgi
TNN | Jan 6, 2012, 12.00AM IST

New adventure series featuring 22 participants starts tonight

Twenty two participants will star in the opening season of the adventure series Garnier Fructis Presents Survivor India, starting tonight. The contestants will have to start their journey from scratch, i.e. form a society, forage for food and find shelter in extreme weather conditions, all the while braving creepy crawlies and other creatures of the wild on a deserted island. Having already aired in 70 countries, the show's Indian edition tagline says it all - Jo tikega woh itihaas likhega - and only the fittest and most ruthless will survive and win.

Nitin Vaidya, Business Head, Hindi Channels at Star India, says, "The series will see contestants battling for survival in do-or-die situations. We believe our viewers will live every moment of this exciting journey with our participants."

Actress Payal Rohatgi, multi-millionaire hotelier Rohit 'Timmy' Narang and TV actress Shilpa Saklani are some well-known faces that will feature on the show, where they will be expected to wash clothes, clean ramps, eat plain food and live in the open, come rain or sunshine.

To promote the opening season, the channel is replicating the Survivor experience live at Inorbit Mall, Malad today. The show airs tonight at 9 on Star Plus.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Battling-for-survival/articleshow/11374973.cms
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

I don't create controversies: Payal Rohatgi

Thursday, January 05, 2012 | 12:20:00 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
I don't create controversies: Payal Rohatgi

Controversies continue to dog Payal Rohatgi and the actress says it's hard for her to understand why she's always at the receiving end.

payal rohatgi

Controversies continue to dog Payal Rohatgi and the actress says it's hard for her to understand why she's always at the receiving end.

'I don't go out of the way to create controversies; I know some actresses pay their publicist money to create a controversy, but I don't know why this happens to me,' Payal told IANS.

'May be that's the way god wants me to learn from my experiences. It used to bother me earlier, but now it doesn't. I have crossed that stage of 'what people think about you',' she added.

Whether it's her romantic dalliance with her reality TV co-star Rahul Mahajan or her wearing a bikini during a water task in the second season of 'Bigg Boss' or accusing filmmaker Dibaker Bannerjee of seeking sexual favours, Payal has always hogged the limelight for the wrong reasons.

'I didn't want to enter the pool in swimwear or create those controversies. They (showmakers) created a task that had to be done in the water. Since it was water volleyball, I had to wear an outfit that suits the sport. But they clipped footage of mine entering the pool that was picked up by TV channels and converted into a controversy. It was not my fault,' she said.

'They could have shown a shot of me inside the water, but they shot me when I was getting inside the water, they (channel) were desperate to create TRPs,' she added.

However, she does credit the show for getting her recogniton.

'When I started off, nobody held my hand and told me what I should do and how I should portray myself as an actor. When I went to Mumbai, I was in the process of figuring out what is good for me. 'Bigg Boss' was a turning point. People started to relate to me...

'What films did not give me TV gave me. In films, may be I was lost or typecast. I was imagined in a particular way; I might not be. My identity as an indivdual became much stronger in 'Bigg Boss',' said Payal, who has done films like 'Plan', '36 China Town' and 'Dhol'.

Last seen in reality show 'Zor Ka Jhatka', Payal returns to the small screen with adventure reality show 'Survivor India' and the actress says it is her attempt to change her stereotype image.

'Yes, this show is an attempt to change the perception that was created in 'Big Boss'. This show will have a side of Payal that is much more blunt, honest and upfront. In 'Bigg Boss', there were so many things that I didn't say and as a result, people thought I was a fake. I have not let it happen in 'Survivor',' she said.

'Survivor India-The Ultimate Battle' is the Indian version of US reality show 'Survivor'. It goes on air Friday with 11 celebrity contestants and 11 commoners.

'It is about survival of the fittest, physically as well as mentally. It is not a luxury show; it is not a comfort zone show. Before going into the show, we all went through physical and psychological tests and those who were fit were selected. It was indeed challenging. I wanted to see how capable I am. I didn't want to be known as a weak link in the show and I survived my way into it,' she added.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Survivors left out of promotional hoardings.

Friday, January 06, 2012 | 4:53:42 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Survivors left out of promotional hoardings.

As Star Plus dons its reality avatar, participants have a problem with being left out.

Star Plus is all set to launch its next big reality show, Survivor India-The Ultimate Battle. The show is leaving no stone unturned as far as promotions are concerned.  But its been heard that a few actors are upset with the kind of promotion the channel has been doing.

We hear that Abhinav Shukla, Munisha Khatwani and Silvia are upset that they haven't been shown in the hoardings which have been used to promote the show. There are 11 contestants in the show but only 8 of them have been given due space. 

We asked Abhinav who told Tellybuzz, "I am not upset, but I am curious to know from the channel as to why I am not a part of it. But it's fine. At the end of the day it's the show that will give me recognition."

We asked Munisha who retorts, "I am not the right one to comment on this.I think you need to talk to the marketing people."

We hope the channel is listening.

Author : Sharat Kumar
shanti05 thumbnail

Channel surfing year ahead

• January 7, 2012
  • By A.L. Chougule
Channel surfing year ahead

If 2011 was a challenging year, with the rate of failure of fiction and reality shows much higher than ever before, 2012 promises to be equally challenging and exciting. While the battle for eyeballs will continue, everyone will be looking for fresh themes, in both fiction and non-fiction, which will reflect in some of the early launches of 2012. Here is an overview of the shows to be launched on all channels:

STAR PLUS: Survivor India
Leader of mass entertainment, Star Plus, will be the first to launch its New Year special with Survivor India. The show will include celebrity participants such as Payal Rohatgi and Shilpa Agnihotri.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/tv-guide/channel-surfing-year-ahead-471
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Sangram Singh was offered Veena's Swayamvar

Saturday, January 07, 2012 | 5:58:23 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Sangram Singh was offered Veena's Swayamvar

Currently seen in Star Plus' Survivor India-The Ultimate Battle,the actor believes Swayamvar... isn't meant for him...

Sangram Singh, one of the contestants on Star Plus' Survivor India-The Ultimate Battle was offered to be a part of Imagine's Swayamvar Season 4 - Veena Ka Vivaah, as one of the contestants.

Sangram told Tellybuzz, " Yes, I was offered the show and also a huge amount to participate. I have done a show with Rakhi Sawant and Veena Malik and they are my friends and that's the reason I was offered the show. But I refused as I am with Payal and I don't think the show is meant for me. I have done reality shows in the past but this show is not meant for me."

But which contestant in such a type of reality show is real,"I can't be fake, if you see Survivor you'll know. I am frank about my relationship with Payal. And so, frankly speaking the Swayamvar is not meant for me."

Sangram has done a couple of reality shows like Khatron Ke Khiladi and 100% De Dana Dan.

Author: Sharat Kumar