ArHi SS/FF: Time After Time - Pt22 Pg 98

Posted: 12 years ago

Time After Time

Part 1

He felt that familiar breeze sweep through the room, but no soon than the thought entered his mind he chided himself ' it couldn't be!

"CHACHU, jaldi, please catch us!" He was playing blind man's buff with his niece and nephew.

"Wait, Gotchya!" he said circling his arm around a slender waist. "Jas?" No wait ' it couldn't be. He slowly lowered the scarf from his eyes and froze at the person standing there. Khushi Kumari Gupta stood in front of him ' as beautiful if not more so that he could have ever imagined. And he imagined that a lot. She was back! His heart leapt, soared did flips. He felt butterflies in his stomach, he felt completely weightless.

Arnav had imagined this moment a million times. He had imagined what he would say ' for he had a lot to say. But never once did he imagine it this way.

They both stood rooted to their positions for what could have easily lasted for eternity had Arnav not been jostled by Piyush. "Chachu, you forgot Jas and me! You were IT! You cheated. Piyush stood on top of the couch next to Arnav reaching for his neck and hoisting himself into his Uncles strong arms.

Khushi stepped back instantly. She noted the change in Arnav's body language. He looked like a gentle giant with the child held firmly but tenderly in his arms ' the same arms that used bruise her not held the child so protectively.  She had also imagined this moment a million times in her head, but never like this.

She had always pictured her confrontation with ASR ' not Arnav. The man that stood before her was a familiar stranger. He was'playing?  With children? He looked so comfortable around them. Payal's little boy. Wow. Khushi felt a sudden gush of warmth spread through her.

"You're back!" Arnav exclaimed, not smiling but there was a certain gentleness in his voice and features which she couldn't place. Piyush was looking at her too.

Jas ran up to her and hugged her tight "Aunty K! you came!"  Khushi picked up the 5 year old girl and spun her. "Hey my Jazzie Pie'yes, I came'I couldn't stand being away from you!"

Arnav looked at them was a little shocked but didn't say anything. 'not just yet' he told himself, she has just arrived, god knows from where. He looked at her, so much had changed. She was wearing a simple cotton dress in a lovely summer print with nude ballet flats with little bows on the top. Her hair was shorter than he remembered, layered and hung just below her shoulder.  She spoke to Jas in fluent English ' was that a hint of an Australian accent? 

Piyush interrupted his thoughts, "Chachu, yeh who pari hai na? the one Mumma tells me about? She looks just like the pari" Khushi smiled a beaming 1000watt smile hearing that '"Mein maasi hu, and you must be Piyush?" She had seen pictures of him, but he was much more endearing in the flesh.

"No silly, not Masi, this is Aunty K" Jas piped up,

"Pari hai." Stated Arnav quietly. Khushi heard him and stiffened for a second and then decided to pretend that she hadn't heard it. Her stomach did a silent flip. She would have to have a chat with various of her body parts later (heart, mind, stomach, knees).

"Arnav hi," she said politely, deliberately dropping the 'ji'. She promised herself she would meet his eyes as equal. "how have you been? Where is everyone" she didn't really want an answer to the first question, she was just being polite. The second question was what she wanted to know.

Before he could answer, Piyush babbled "Mamma and Papa have gone to Kolkata for Mamma's friends shaadi, Chote Chachu and Choti Chachi have gone to kerala for a second honeymoon, Dada and Dadi went to Bombay, Bua and badi Nani went to Vaishnu Devi, OP Kaka, JP Kaka and HP Kaka have gone to their gao'RP Kaka sabzi lene gaye hai'

"Honeymoon? And RP?"  Khushi giggled at her 5 year old nephew and raised an eyebrow at him "you know its where they kiss and stuff! RP is Ram Prakash kaka" Piyush stated simply.

"To ghar mein sirf'" Khush said as she came to terms with this somewhat unbelievable reality.

"Sirf Jasmine, Piyush, RP aur mein. Everyone gets back next week" Arnav explained watching her face intently for some expression, disappointed that he couldn't read anything.

"And Aunty K!" chimed in Jas "Oh its going to be so much fun now'Chachu is the best and Aunty K is also the best!"

"Thanks honey, but Aunty k has to leave now." Khushi said hastily. Her mind was in overdrive as she put Jas on the ground, who by now had a very big pout. Khush then extended a hand out to Piyush hoping to make friends with her nephew before leaving.

Piyush jumped straight into her arms. "Whoa, easy there big guy!" Arnav steadied his nephew and eased him into Khushi's arms.

"You MUST be Khushi Masi, you ARE the "pari" that Mamma always talks about and you also look like the pari in the album. She said you got very sad and left'.are you sad at me?" Piyush asked her earnestly.

Khushi's eyes widened "Never, baby, I could never ever be sad at you. I left because'"

"A big bad wolf chased her out!" Arnav completed the sentence for her. Khushi looked up at Arnav. Piyush seemed content with this explanation and didn't ask anything else. He turned his attention at the pretty dangling earrings Khushi wore.

"Yes, youre right about that I guess. A big bad wolf did chase me out."

So Let me know what you think ' and if you would be interested in reading more! Please add me as a Buddy if you would like PMs.

Part 2: Page 3

Part 3: Page 6

Part 4: Page 7

Part 5: Page 9

Part 6: Page 13

Part 7: Page 17

Part 8: Page 23

Part9: Page 26

Part 10: Page 29

Part 11: Page 34

Part 12: Page 39

Part 13 & 14: Page 43