svini thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Divyanka Tripathi debuts in Rajasthani film

India Blooms News Service

Mumbai, Dec 22 (IBNS) Divyanka Tripathi who shot to fame with TV Series 'Banoo Main Teri Dulhann', is debuting with a Rajasthani Film titled 'Chundri Odhasi Mahro Bir' also titled as 'Lala Hardaul' in Bundelkhandi.

She is playing a pivotal role in the film.

This is the first bilingual period film of Rajasthan.

The film is based on the popular folklore of Lala Hardaul.

The actress will be seen sporting traditional clothes like rich embroidered Sarees, accentuated with jewellery.

When asked about her role in the film she said, "I am very excited about my role in the film. I just love the stories of Rajputs, their rich heritage which is part of the film and I am glad to be associated with it."

The storyline revolves around an emotional sister's belief that her brother will keep his promise made years ago that he will come for 'Bhaat' (a ritual also known as Mamera or Mayyra) knowing that he is dead.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

svini thumbnail
Princess diaries

TV actress Divyanka Tripathi felt like a princess recently. She shot for a bilingual movie sometime back where she plays a queen. "I play Rani Padmavati in the movie," says Divyanka Tripathi.

This movie will be named Lala Hardaul in Bundelkhandi and Chundri Odhasi Mahro Bir in Rajasthani. The movie was shot in these two languages at once. "It was very difficult, because sometime I would speak in Rajashtani when I had to speak Bundelkhandi and vice versa," says the actress, who is currently seen in SAB TV's Chintu Chinky aur Badi Si Love Story. Apart from the language, Divyanka had to be very careful with a lot of other things. "The regional audiences are particular when it comes to royalty. So I had to be careful about my clothes, mannerisms," she says. This regional flick is based on the legendary folklore of Lala Hardaul of Bundelkhand. "The film is my tribute to my land (Madhya Pradesh)," signs off Divyanka.

svini thumbnail
celebrity cake mixing

Adds TV actress Divyanka Tripathi, "I'd love to be a part of a such an activity, if I was ever asked to. I like the fact that the cake can be presented in special hampers and would like the recipient to consider it a special gift from me. There's so much patience that goes into the making of X'mas cake — and it is sprinkled with so much love. That's exciting!"
svini thumbnail

related stories

• Fun and games at Chintu and Chinky's marriage
  • Banoo Main Teri Dulhan's Sharad and Divyanka still great friends!!!
  • Divyanka Tripathi's princess diaries
  • Will Chintu Chinki climb the TRP ladder?
  • Close pal reveals Divyanka and Sharad's relationship
  • Mrs and Mr Allahabadwale makes way for Mrs. Tendulkar
  • Malegaon Ka Chintu is not "Chaplin or Mr Bean"
  • Divyanka keeps her friends near, foes nearer
  • Gaurav, Rajesh and Rohit in a Red Chillies film
  • Grrr, don't call me Chintu!

top stories

• Here's the verdict...Gurmeet...
  • Bigg Boss 5 to see a "heavy"...
  • Jayshree Soni : I knew I would make it...
  • Veena Malik is cool with smooching...
  • It's not Kashmera, it's Cash-...
  • Discover Science's new show...
  • Wedding bells for Kavi Shastri
  • Salman Khan says Bigg Boss 5 is a big...
  • Shradha Sharma evicted from Bigg Boss...
  • Sunny Leone says she is yet to sign...

Rajesh and Divyanka are great friends in real life

• Tags:
    • Rajesh Kumar
    • Chintu Chinky Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story
    • Divyanki Tripathi
    • great friends
By TellychakkarTeam 4 Dec 2011 - 10:00
Print    
Make font size smaller Make font size default Make font size larger
Divyanka Tripathi and Rajesh Kumar

In Hats Off Productions show Chintu Chinky Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story on SAB TV, the lovey-dovey reel life couple Chintu (Rajesh Kumar) and Chinky (Divyanki Tripathi) have finally tied the knot. The show has a breezy and light-hearted comic plot which aims to tickle TV viewers' funny bone. Furthermore, Chintu and Chinky is not only a great couple in reel life, but they also bond really well in real life. Well, don't let your imagination run wild. They are just great friends and they respect each other as professionals. The couple was first seen in Starex Entertainment's Mrs and Mr Sharma Allahabadwale on SAB and Chintu Chinky… is their second show together.

Tellychakkar.com talked to Rajesh and he could not stop praising his co-actor in the show. "Divyanka is very hard working and a good friend. It has been more than three years since we have known each other professionally, and now we are pretty comfortable working with each other. The best thing is that she takes her work very seriously."

Furthermore, the actor went on to say that Divyanka also suggests the creative team on how to better the script and make the show more interesting. "I love her way of working and I am honoured to share screen space with her.'

We also talked to Divyanka and she said that she is equally comfortable working with Rajesh as more than a co-star, he has now become an extended member of her family. "Rajesh is a very jovial and easy-going person. When facing any problem, we don't snap and shout each other but try to deal with it. We understand each other a lot."

But isn't she wary of the fact that in the entertainment industry good friends can easily be tagged as a couple. "We should be worried if we do anything wrong. We are just friends, nothing beyond it. People can say whatever they want," ends Divyanka.

We believe you Divyanka. It is always great news when co-stars bond really well in reel as well as real life!!!

Login or register to post comments
svini thumbnail
Divyanka Tripathi and Sharad Malhotra

The co-actors of a daily bond really well, till the time their show is on air. However, once the daily wraps up, the actors associated with the show rarely get a chance to meet or talk to each other. But Divyanka Tripathi, currently seen in SAB TV's Chintu Chinky Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story, is still in touch with her co-actor from Zee TV's Banoo Main Teri Dulhan, Sharad Malhotra.

"Sharad and I are still great friends as we were back during Dulhan… I am constantly in touch with him It is a very comfortable friendship." What is amusing is that Sharad has been out of the country for some time now. In fact, he went to New York to study media just after the show wrapped up. Just recently, he was back in the country but has again headed to a different international destination.

"Sharad was out of the country for a while but we do catch up whenever he is here and have a good time just like best buddies. I think it is nice to have the same bond even when you meet after a long time ," reveals Divyanka.

But she is extremely miffed with the rumors that circulate in the media. "I do not understand as to why people have to think that if we are working together we are a couple. Why can't we just be friends? Why do you have to push it to the next level? Sharad and I are great friends and will always be," she adds.

Tellychakkar.com hopes Divyanka will not be linked to Sharad, now that we have set the record straight!!!!

Login or register to post comments