Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Adil Hussain rubishes delays abt Agent Vinod!

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Adil Hussain talks about Kareena, Saif & Agent Vinod!

There is a never-ending speculation regarding the cause of delay in the release of "Agent Vinod" and subsequent date of Kareena and Saif's wedding. The most recent piece of information available in the media is that post-production house has not even received the complete footage of the film yet, leading to further talks about the delay of the movie's release by another six months! However, Adil Hussain, who plays a villain in the film, rubbishes such claims. Having shot with Kareena on December 22 at Mumbai's airport, the actor says that the film might well see a release in the last week of February or early March.

Says Adil, who has earlier played Tabu's husband in Ang Lee's "Life of Pi", "In "AV", I play an international handler. I reached Mumbai on December 21. On December 22, Kareena and I shot at the airport from 7.30 am till 1 pm. Then, I took a flight back to Delhi. I also met Saif briefly at the airport." Tell Adil about the reports about the film getting delayed and not being able to meet the February-release deadline because the complete footage isn't ready and he says, "The editing of the film is over. Most of the dubbing, including mine, is over too. A few parts are left but that won't take long. The portions that are now being shot are very small. They would just take one or two seconds on-screen and the unit knows exactly where to place this footage. Even though the shooting will end on December 29, that can't be any reason for the delay of the movie's release. I had a talk with the unit and the film might release anywhere between February 27 and March 13. However, film is such a medium that one can never have the final word till it is released."

Ask him about his experience of shooting with Kareena and Saif and he says, "She is a wonderful actor. While shooting, she told me about doing "Heroine" too though we didn't have much time to talk about the project at length. Kareena and Saif are a wonderful couple. They are crisply professional and yet exude a sense of homeliness. They do all that very effortlessly. That's a beautiful combination to have for any actor or a producer. This wasn't the first time that I shot for "AV" after Saif's father passed away. I had shot with Saif just after his father's death when he resumed work on the movie in Mumbai. He was very calm and professional even then. But, I suppose, his father had been ailing for a while and he kind of saw the end coming. This happens when a person is ill for a long time. My father was 93 when he passed away. Since he had been bed-ridden for a while, I knew that I would have to let go. I was shooting on the border of Pakistan for a television soap called "Jasoos Vijay" when the news of his demise reached me on the phone. My brother told me that my father is no more and just after that news, the next voice I heard was "Shot ready hain" and I had said: "Okay". Well, such is life."

Source: Times of India

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
This guy was the husband of Vidya in Ishqiya, right?  ðŸ¤”