Do you talk lyke dis? - Page 2

Posted: 18 years ago

Personally, I found it so annoying when someone talks lyke dis or lyke dat or finks everyone will understand dem.

Our parents didn't send us to school to learn to type like this. I know this is the internet, but I still feel annoyed when someone talks like this. I feel like I am chatting with a person who isn't above the age of 4. This may be the internet, but it is a bad habit, and sometimes it is impossible to understand.

What are your views?

actually its true parents didn't send their childrens 2 learn that kind of language but its the nowadays slang and i must admit i do use all the time.
i can't say its stupid when use it myself!
its the new generation talk
and trust me there is alot 2 come!

Originally posted by eijaz_anita4eva

actually its true parents didn't send their childrens 2 learn that kind of language but its the nowadays slang and i must admit i do use all the time.
i can't say its stupid when use it myself!
its the new generation talk
and trust me there is alot 2 come!

But it isn't right, what if our generation forget to talk normally, and if you go to a job interview and type and write like this, I am sorru but you can kiss that job goodbye.

Learn to type and write thr right way to develop into a habit.

Originally posted by MonicA#1Actress

But it isn't right, what if our generation forget to talk normally, and if you go to a job interview and type and write like this, I am sorru but you can kiss that job goodbye.

Learn to type and write thr right way to develop into a habit.

Heres' a standing ovation for you .

O.k this sort of a slang was not used by my genre as computers and text messages were only available to the rich in the 80's and early 90's . So my genre grew up writing good normal english . Its the tean these days that write in this strange slang.

Personally my feelings , i simply have no respect for any one's post written in slang , using weird strange short forms . I won't even read it carefully !!

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Heres' a standing ovation for you .

O.k this sort of a slang was not used by my genre as computers and text messages were only available to the rich in the 80's and early 90's . So my genre grew up writing good normal english . Its the tean these days that write in this strange slang.

Personally my feelings , i simply have no respect for any one's post written in slang , using weird strange short forms . I won't even read it carefully !!

I agree with you.

I have just turned 18, and I live in the U.S, and yet I still find slang so annoying. I also don't bother reading or deciphering slang because it is a waste of time and makes me feel I am conversing with a small child who hasn't learned how to spell. And I agree with you here too, I don't respect posts written in slang.

um, yea i agree if someone writes in slang all the time then their writing is really hard to understand, like some of the updaters who write completely in slang so i have to spend an hour trying to figure out what their actually trying to say

Originally posted by usachick821

um, yea i agree if someone writes in slang all the time then their writing is really hard to understand, like some of the updaters who write completely in slang so i have to spend an hour trying to figure out what their actually trying to say

Exactly!

I cannot read the some of the uodates whatsoever.!

😳

ummmm...ahhhh....uhhh.... 😳

well Aparna di u do read wat i rite and u do respond 2 it and u claim 2 have no respect 4 ppl hu type like me? 😭

guys are my posts really impossible 2 decipher? 😳 Edited by ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~ - 18 years ago
Originally posted by ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~

😳

ummmm...ahhhh....uhhh.... 😳

well Aparna di u do read wat i rite and u do respond 2 it and u claim 2 have no respect 4 ppl hu type like me? 😭

guys are my posts really impossible 2 decipher? 😳

for you i make the effort to open the tean speaking dictionary . But it still is an effort.😆
OK from now on I am a big girl and i will write and speak and act..no no thats taking it too far 😆 like one. I promise to right in proper english all the time. Just because a person types like they are "uneducated"  does not mean that there is a lack of knowledge or education or writing ability in them 😳 and i for one will prove this to everyone. from now on all of my posts will not only be in real english but in well written paragraphs. i need to redeem myself and prove to others that i can write in an adult and sophisticated manner.

My main goal here is to post in a a more appealing style of writing so that others are inclined towards my posts and they read them and comment on them. If my slang creates a barrier between me and my goa,l i am willing to end this habit starting NOW

(PS: if aparna di can go through the trouble of searching the teen dictionary just for me i can go through the no-as-challenging task of writing in proper english 😳 ) Edited by ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~ - 18 years ago