Emraan engaged in hush-hush ceremony

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
   By: Upala KBR
   April 8, 2006

Emraan Hashmi and Parveen Shahani
Emraan Hashmi got engaged to sweetheart Parveen Shahani in a secret engagement at her Bandra residence on April 6.

The ceremony, held in the morning, was attended by some close friends and family.

Says Emraan's mother, Maherahh, "It wasn't a formal engagement, but according to Sindhi rites (from the girl's side of the family) and quite informal. As is our tradition, the formal engagement will take place just before the wedding, or nikaah.

The nikaah of Parveen and Emraan has been set for December 14 this year. We don't want a long engagement as it's considered unlucky to have one."

Sindhi ceremony

What happened on April 6? "We are not very familiar with Sindhi customs and this custom is initiated by the girl's family, who invites the boy and his family home.

The ceremony, which took place day before yesterday, is called kachche misri, where the boy's family formally accepts the girl into their family, covers her head with a dupatta, blesses her with a special gift, like a gold chain, and gifts her dry fruits. The girl's mother sweetens the boy's mouth."

Ladies special

So who attended the ceremony? "It was only for ladies; no men are allowed for this event barring the boy. It hardly took 15 minutes, after which Emraan left for his media interviews for Gangster. Even his dad (Anwar Hashmi), who is on the ship, couldn't attend. My mother-in-law, her sister and some aunts and close family friends attended the function."

Does she mind the fact that Emraan is marrying outside his religion? "No, we love Parveen and as a family, have always been in favour of mixed marriages. I am a Catholic and my husband is Muslim."

Emraan's best buddy, director Aaditya Dutt (Aashiq Banaya Aapne) didn't attend the engagement. "I missed it as I was in Delhi for some work pertaining to my next film, Dil Diya Hai (starring Emraan, Jita and Ashmit Patel). It is a tradition between the boy's and girl's family. Both Immy (Emraan's nickname) and Parveen are very close to me. It was a big day for both of them and they are very happy.

As Immy and I were discussing the other day, this is a new phase for all of us. We started out as kids growing up together and now with marriage and career taking off, we are seeing a new dimension to our lives. Dil Diya Hai is almost complete and is due for an August release."

Emraan's next release will be Anurag Basu's Gangster, in May, followed by Killer, Dil Diya Hai and Good Boy Bad Boy.

http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/april/134787.htm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sanaa thumbnail
Wow!!
I didnt expect him to be in a relationship so soon!
He just doesnt seem like that type! πŸ˜†
rebelqueen thumbnail
when is this man going 2 do some gud films?????????? πŸ˜•
Chatoyant. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
LoL!

Thanks 4 sharing 😊
saniyaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: rebelqueen

when is this man going 2 do some gud films?????????? πŸ˜•

lol thanx 4 sharing
AnGeLeYeZz thumbnail
πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

thanks for sharing
Miss.Netherland thumbnail
Originally posted by: monika.goel

By: Upala KBR
   April 8, 2006

Emraan Hashmi and Parveen Shahani
Emraan Hashmi got engaged to sweetheart Parveen Shahani in a secret engagement at her Bandra residence on April 6.

The ceremony, held in the morning, was attended by some close friends and family.

Says Emraan's mother, Maherahh, "It wasn't a formal engagement, but according to Sindhi rites (from the girl's side of the family) and quite informal. As is our tradition, the formal engagement will take place just before the wedding, or nikaah.

The nikaah of Parveen and Emraan has been set for December 14 this year. We don't want a long engagement as it's considered unlucky to have one."

Sindhi ceremony

What happened on April 6? "We are not very familiar with Sindhi customs and this custom is initiated by the girl's family, who invites the boy and his family home.

The ceremony, which took place day before yesterday, is called kachche misri, where the boy's family formally accepts the girl into their family, covers her head with a dupatta, blesses her with a special gift, like a gold chain, and gifts her dry fruits. The girl's mother sweetens the boy's mouth."

Ladies special

So who attended the ceremony? "It was only for ladies; no men are allowed for this event barring the boy. It hardly took 15 minutes, after which Emraan left for his media interviews for Gangster. Even his dad (Anwar Hashmi), who is on the ship, couldn't attend. My mother-in-law, her sister and some aunts and close family friends attended the function."

Does she mind the fact that Emraan is marrying outside his religion? "No, we love Parveen and as a family, have always been in favour of mixed marriages. I am a Catholic and my husband is Muslim."

Emraan's best buddy, director Aaditya Dutt (Aashiq Banaya Aapne) didn't attend the engagement. "I missed it as I was in Delhi for some work pertaining to my next film, Dil Diya Hai (starring Emraan, Jita and Ashmit Patel). It is a tradition between the boy's and girl's family. Both Immy (Emraan's nickname) and Parveen are very close to me. It was a big day for both of them and they are very happy.

As Immy and I were discussing the other day, this is a new phase for all of us. We started out as kids growing up together and now with marriage and career taking off, we are seeing a new dimension to our lives. Dil Diya Hai is almost complete and is due for an August release."

Emraan's next release will be Anurag Basu's Gangster, in May, followed by Killer, Dil Diya Hai and Good Boy Bad Boy.

http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/april/134787.htm

Shit yaaar
Parveen bhi

Emraan is mineπŸ˜­πŸ˜‰

MS.ATTITUDE thumbnail
rou nahi miss.netherland 😊

tx 4 sharing