Pakistani Serials

Tanhiyan....A brief Story1

Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Tanhiyan

Shahnaz Sheikh, Marina Khan, Asif Raza Mir, Behroz Sabzwari, Qazi Wajid, Badar Khalil, Jamshed Ansari, Azra Sherwani, Yasmeen Ismail, Durdana Butt Written by: Haseena Moin Directed by: Shahzad Khalil Telecasted in the 80's Two sisters Zara (Shahnaz Sheikh) and Sanya (Marina Khan) go to Karachi to visit their khala Aani (Badar Khalil) while their parents go abroad for a visit. Unfortunately their parents die in a car accident and after their death the two girls find out that their father was heavily in debt and they have to sell all their assets including their house which their father had so lovingly built. All friends turn into enemies and they are taken in by their Aani. In Karachi while Sanya tries to adjust herself to their new situation and surrounding, Zara gets obsessed with the idea to re-buy their house.She starts the pursuit to become rich. Here Saad Salman becomes her partner and together they start a garment factory. Sanya on the other hand soon befriends their landlord Faran (Qazi Wajid) and becomes a pain for his secretary Qutbutdin (Behroz Sabzwari) whom she calls Qabacha. Faran has a sister Apa Begum (Azra Sherwani) who lives in another house with her trusted servant Bukraat (Jamshed Ansari). It is at his sister's insistence that Faran decides to propose to Aani, as his sister wants him to get married to someone he totally dislikes. Zain (Asif Raza Mir), their childhood friend, along with his fiance Vida (Yasmeen Ismail) comes to visit them. Zara asks Vida to join in her factory as a designer and together the two start making brilliant designs which become very popular. However Zara's quest for money takes her away from her family, especially from Sanya who feels very left out and alone. Saad Salman proposes to Zara and eventhough Sanya dislikes him, Zara accepts. Finally Zara's dream comes true and she has enough money to buy back her house. She goes to Lahore and finalizes the deal. However when she enters her house, she is haunted by memories of the past and all the love that she has lost. Terrified, she runs out of the house and has an accident and goes into a coma. What happens next should be watched! A wonderful play! the story and the acting by everyone was amazing. It is one of Haseena's best plays. The characters of Sanya and Qabacha were superbly written and done and are still everyone's favorites. A must see.

http://www.mashriq.tv/mashriq/drama003/detail.asp?id=127

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aasmaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I had watched this serial when I was in India - it is really good
pagpri thumbnail
Yes, its true.. the serial is simply amazing.. hats off to Haseena Moin...!!
Culture thumbnail
yea there was a similar hindi serial also on same lines. Brilliant story i say.. do watch it ..
saarahkhann thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i loved that serial it is one of my favorites
amreen1409 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
Great Saba, I never saw this one in the thread! Very well written! πŸ‘πŸ‘
and yeah I agree it is a must see drama, one of my favorites too!

Amreen

lol

Amreen mainye nahian likha, mujhye itna aca likhna nahian aata

wiasye u r most welcomeπŸ˜ƒ

amreen1409 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
oh okay.. yeah aapko itna accha likhna nahi aata balke BOHAT hi accha likhna aata hai.. and I know that! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š and thanks for sharing! 😊

Ahista Kijye baatain!

πŸ˜‰

yeh baat hummari differ karti haiπŸ˜›

Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanx for the wonderfull review i watched ths drama ages ago but forgot it thanx again