Debate Mansion

Does a baby complete a "woman"?

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
I have heard this saying "a baby completes a woman" in real life and also as dialogue in mushy serials !!

I have seen women in serials going through humiliation from society and in- laws in serials like "Piya ka Ghar"- Jayanti , Woh rehne wali mehlon ki- the sisters, in Sarkar - Priyamvada's daughter and some other serials.

Making the woman who can't conceive feel like a looser !! But is she a looser and "incomplete" if she never becomes a mother ???

She could lead a fulfilling life as a daughter , daughter-in-law , wife ,friend, sister , Aunt and very often a CAREER WOMAN !!

What do you think , do you feel a woman needs a baby to complete her ?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

meghavi thumbnail
No, definitely not. But it depends on one's thinking. Some woman feel "complete" whn they can stand on their own two feet, whn they have finished their studies, and have started a job and can manage all by them selves.

A child is who carries on the family name...maybe that's y people feel that if u have a child then that's the only way u could be "complete."  But Some woman can't have kids…so wht does that make them, "incomplete?" That's not right to think, just because a woman has some internal problems doesn't make her a "loser."

And bout the serials..they show lots of wrong things aside from the woman slapping, and abusing ..lets just add this on the list.
Edited by meghavi - 18 years ago
paagalhoonmain thumbnail
I guess its abt responsibilities,what if women dont take it even after being a mother?
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Being Complete is very subjective !

Soem women feel complete when they have a gr8 career in hand, gr8 love life and lots to look forward to.Even accomplishment of goals can make a woman complete.

But there are some who associate completeness with child birth.Mainly because its a God's gift liek tehy say and its not easy beign a mother.Plus here completeness is in terms of biological factor.

But in my view it just deepnds..i think its ridiculous to say taht motherhhod makes a woman complete...cuz complete is very subjective..we cannto generalise..
hazelgirl thumbnail
Yes...i feel once u have a baby...u r a complete woman 😛
sowmyaa thumbnail
I guess "being complete" is very relative term. Women is not complete without men-vice versa, or women is not complete till she becomes mother depends upon what "woman" wants from her life. I have seen woman who does not want babies and live happily. Finally it boil down to what couple wants and how happy they are and what they want in their life.

Although, I wouls say that having a baby is just uncomparable and you don't know what it is like until you have one. I once read this "one who don't have kids know best how to raise them"...it is so true. You need to go through having a baby and caring him/her to know what you are missing. Unitl you don't become mother you don't know what big lesson you are missing in your life. It teaches you how to love someone by giving all the love you have, teches to to have patience, loving someone without any expectations....I guess being mother change you entirely......so until you become one you don't know what you are missing.

However, if someone cannot conceive a child no one has right to call them incomplete. OR if someone does not want a child no one can call them incomplete. I would say being mother is the most important change/role/experience in women's life ....but if you don't have a child it not end of the world afterall.
sowmyaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

She could lead a fulfilling life as a daughter , daughter-in-law , wife ,friend, sister , Aunt and very often a CAREER WOMAN !!

I am not supporting that you are complete only if you become mother...as I said it depends upon what individual want from their life. And if you have not experienced it you don't know that you are incomplete so no bid deal.

But I would say being mother is so much different and hard to fulfil compared to all above relationship. I personally think it makes you a better human being. It teaches you how to love someone without any kind of expectation in return, it teaches you to be patient, it teaches you to cry for other and not just cry i mean your heart cry for your child if you seem them getting hurt, it makes you responsible to raise a good human kind which I think is a big responsibility. Being mother cannot be compared to any relashionship not even being a daghter.
SUMERAZ thumbnail
mai married hun aur mere 2 bachey hain , aur hum asian's ki society main lerki ki sahdi ki fiker k badd us k pregnant hune ki fiker start hujati hai, tu bv maa bane bagir comp huti hai ya nahi lekin maa na ban sake tu yah society us ko jeene nahi deti is liye chae wo achi bahu, beti, bhabi sab khuch hu ,phir bhi apni susral mai survive kerne k liye wo her wo terkeeb ( jadu, wazzefa,dua,parathna etc)kerti hai jisse wo maa ban ker apni susral mai apna app sabit kersake aur yah hamare pak aur india ki kahani 100 saal se hai aur hamesha rahe ge.99.9% wives maa banna chati hain aur yah natural khwahish hai.
U kno U NV Me thumbnail
I am married and have 2 kids, to be honest with you guys I cant even describe the feeling I had when I held my son for the first time after having him, I never felt the same way again until after I had my daughter. So I don't know about completion but I defiantly felt like something was missing in my life before having my kids.
But I think its wrong for someone to say that this woman is incomplete because she doesn't have kids. What about the men? It's not always the women fault if she is unable to conceive but you never hear anyone saying anything to men😡
Signora2 thumbnail
Saying that a woman is complete only when she becomes a mother is a sterotype that has been prevalent in all societies. Yeah she does create and this is one aspect that no one can take from her. The little that I have seen , I would say( i will focus on other aspect)what happens, if she is unable to do? it is our response to such a situation that can make matter easiers for women going through it. fertility problem is rising, the no of clinics that have come up, it is the done thing to get oneself treated for it. But what if the body is not upto it? adoption is an issue that should be discussed openly and encouraged, woman should not be stigmatised, even if she does not want the baby it should be left to her and her partner, these are personal choices and should not be looked down upon.