||Afsar Bitiya Article archieve||

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Post all articles concerning Afsar Bitiya here!!       

I watched Bhojpuri films to prepare for my role in Afsar Bitiya : Kinshuk Mahajan

Kinshuk Mahajan

Kinshuk Mahajan of Bidaai fame who recently married his long-term girlfriend Divya, is back in action with his new show Afsar Bitiya. The newly married life seems to be a challenge for him as the actor is so zealous about his work that he even cancelled his honeymoon. The heartthrob who will be seen in a rugged character this time talks on his show, career and wife exclusively to Tellychakkar.com. Excerpts from the interview'

Tell us something about the show.

I believe that though the soul of the show is education, it revolves around a girl wanting to achieve something in life. But at the same time, the show is entertaining. I think audience will connect with the show.

What is your character all about?

I play the character of Pinto Singh who is a spoil brat and is constantly scolded by his elder brother. He might be rude and disrespectful towards girls but he is good at heart. In fact, whenever he comes across Krishna (the lead) he behaves in a good manner.

Did you do any preparation for your role?

I can't even tell the number of re-takes that I have given. I used to memorize my dialogues and then deliver them. I watched Bhojpuri movies to get the hang of the language, when in fact my character is a Bihari (Laughs). It was purely my stupidity because there is difference in Bhojpuri and the language that my character speaks. But luckily, our producer Rakeshji hired a teacher for us who used to be on the sets. It was very sweet of him.

It's a women oriented show; do you think there will be enough scope for a male performer?

I believe scope depends upon the performance you give. If the character is important and your performance is good, it will definitely get noticed.

How much do you relate to your character?

There are not many similarities except one or two. I am very good at heart and so he is (Laughs). Again, he is smart like me.

This is your fifth lead role, how does it feel?

I am very lucky to be playing a lead for the fifth time in an industry where it is very difficult to get a lead role once your show goes off-air. So I have been fortunate. Touchwood with God's grace, the journey so far has been excellent. The reason why I took up this project is that this character is very different from my previous character and something that I have never tried before.

Mitali reminds us of Parul Chauhan. Do you also find some similarities?

I think we shouldn't compare the two. They both have their plus points. About my current, co-star Mitali; I would say she is a wonderful and hard working girl. What appeals to me about her is that she is sensible.

Do you think you might face some problem in future since you have worked with Star Plus before and now you will be doing a show with Zee?

I don't think there will any problem I am not the first actor to do so. Everyone is practical now-a-days I was lucky to have got Chand Chupa Badal Mein after Bidaai. I don't believe in such things.

You recently tied the knot, how is your marriage life?

I am very fortunate to have Divya as my life partner. She was there with me when I gave my first audition. She understands that my work is important for me right now. That is the advantage of love marriage that we share a great an amount of understanding. She is very co-operative since we have known each other from past eight years. The best part of our relationship is that we understand each other.

We also hear that you postponed your honeymoon?

Yes (smiles). There is no time for honeymoon, my main aim is that the show gets settled first and then I will go on a honey moon. My producer Rakeshji also requested me for the same so I decided to postpone the honey moon for some time.

Any message to fans?

Please watch the show. The show deals with a social message but is high on entertainment as well. And I am sure it will entertain you. (Smiles)

please make it into a sticky post.
http:////timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Tellywoods-favorite-actress-on-Womens-Day/articleshow/12175604.cms
http://www.techtipspro.com/2011/09/afsar-bitiya-on-zee-tv.html
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-10-23/tv/30313129_1_auditions-krishna-kinshuk