Posted: 18 years ago
hey nice topic
well i started watchn kk wen i was in 9th grade....in summer holidays.
I used 2 be glued 2 TV all day so wen kk was starting they showed its promos n i was curious 2 knw wat is tht all abt.
So i watched d 1st episode n then next day i was thinking wat happens next n next n next n nextπŸ˜†.....so i continuously kept watching it daily untill i became addicted 2 it tht i started finding their pictures in google wen i landed at IF n here i amπŸ˜‰...lolzπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Originally posted by anushka_5

Hi!
I am Anushka. I am new around the Kumkum forum... but i love being here. Shimmer, it is a great topic... Since Kumkum has started on star ustav and it is heading towards its greatest twist... we should have more discussion on Kumkum's intial episode. It is a great Initiative πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
coming to ur question...
It took a long time for me to get hooked to kumkum. when Kumkum began i wasnt a regular viewer of the show. The title track gave an idea that Jatin was to die and sumeet would marry Kumkum. Sumeet saving the sindoor when the puja's talli falls off Kumkum's hand and he trying to throw colour on her while she was avoiding him gave a clear picture of the future. Just out of curiosity i used to watch it occasionally after Jatin's death. The relationship Kumkum and Sumeet shared back then was very special and i did believe that getting these two married would prove a disaster. But somehow i really hated Renuka and Vishal in Sumeet and Kumkum's lives, respectively. Those pairs were such a mismatch.
Then came the D-day when Kumkum was supposed to married off to Vishal... i was happy that vishal didnt turn up and happier Renuka was away winning a beauty pageant.
I always knew that Su-kk's marriage will be an act to save Kk from the humiliation...but least did i expect what i actually saw. I thought some1 would give sumeet the idea or emotionally blackmail him to do that... but Sumeet was possessed by something... the manner in which he dragged Kumkum out and splashed sindoor at her.. left me spellbound. I was too annoyed till i saw the realization of what he had done dawned in Sumeet's eyes. He was waging a battle within himself... he was fighting himself to know if he was right or wrong... ur heart really went out to him at that point. I wasn't bothered abt kumkum so much coz I knew once Sumeet gets a hold of himself he will take care of her.
Then the Next morning the rituals were taking place and Sumeet-Kumkum stood together and Man and Wife. They surely made good looking couple... but there much of strain and awkwardness that they couldnt even look at eachother. There was this strange chemistry that u could sense just then something u hadnt seen previously... despite all my reservation to this marriage I really hoped it would work. I hoped Renuka and Vishal never ever surface again. Have to hand it over to Hussain and Juhi's sensitive, mature performance through the most delicate and biggest twists of the story… it could have made the story or destroyed it. The show's success speaks for itself.
After marriage i did watch it regularly. Sumeet calling Kumkum 'Aap' was very sweet (wonder when he shifted to 'Tum'?)   But what really got me hooked and attached to the characters of Sumeet and Kumkum was the scene Renuka attempted Sucide. Sumeet along Kumkum who adamantly joined him drove to the cliff where Renuka was supposedly attempting suicide... in a hurry to reach the place Sumeet was driving rashly. It left Kumkum in a horrible state coz she was having complicated pregnancy. They reach the spot just in time, summet gets off the car moves towards Renuka while she being saved by another guy(that guy proved quite a jerk) when Kumkum collapses in pain. Without a second thought or glance at Renuka he rushed to Kumkum and drove her away to the hospital leaving Renuka frustrated... apparently it was her vicious plan to gain sumeet's attention and sympathy and make him guilty.
At the hospital Kumkum is being difficult not listening to the docs who says she needs a sonography to check if the kid is fine. Then it is upto Sumeet to convince her and he does when he says... the kid means a lot to him and their family and if something goes wrong he wont forgive himself... and literally pleads her to agree to the sonography. Kumkum agrees but on the condition that Sumeet goes to Renuka coz she needs him the most now. 😑 😑 😑 Sumeet promises her... he steps out. But he cant get himself go away leaving kumkum. So he stays back, though outside.
Kumkum is done with her check up... The baby is doing fine, the doc or the nurse asks her abt her husband as to where he went... she avoids the question. She comes out and invariably scanning the corridor for Sumeet, probably knowing he wouldnt have gone leaving her in such a state... and when she doesnt find him, she is DISAPPOINTED. To add to her confusion or may i say horror... her atma comes out and teases her that she is feeling bad coz Sumeet wasn't with her. Kumkum argues saying that she herself asked him to go so why would she be upset. Her atma tells her though she said it she didnt mean it with her heart and that she is getting used to Sumeet being around her and she feels good when he cares for her. Kumkum is busy refuting her inner voice who before disappearing asks her "tho agar ab Sumeet yahan ajaye tumhe koi farak nahi padega?" 😳 😳 😳 And just when Kumkum mutters "Nahi..." Sumeet emerges at the other end of the corridor.. looking tensed and anxious. Kumkum watches him walk upto her, wondering why the hell his presence in making such a positive difference to her. She is almost in a trance when Sumeet snaps her out of it asking "kya hua? app aise kyun dekhrahi hain? sab theek tho hai?" and Kumkum avoiding his eyes says "kuch nahi.. sab theek hai". It was a brilliantly shot scene. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ It surely was my defining moment in Kumkum. Kumkum has just acknowledged Sumeet's importance in her life.
After that it was very nice to watch the tension and strain ease out in their marriage as they accepted eachother as an important part of their life and its decisions. It was fun to watch an involuntarily insecure(at times jealous) and disturbed kumkum 😳 whenever renuka was around sumeet. 😑 But then Sumeet was real sweet heart doing everything right always unkowning putting Kumkum's tensions to rest. The entire pregnancy phase was beautifully shot... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
Sumeet did everything right and kumkum surely felt pampered. I only wish it ended on a happier note... being with Kumkum all along sumeet disappeared when she needed him the most. He fell trap to Renuka's ploy as a result he wasnt present for kumkum when she delivered Dhruv (I hope this time around he is there for her)
This couple is truly special... what is so special is the way in which they have shared their lives together and evolved with time. They have maintained the dignity of their relationship through testing times... it rare to find that in Tv soaps these days. God Bless this couple.
That was pretty long… hope I didn't bore anyone
It will be interesting to read everyone's experience with the show…
Until next time
Luv
Anu.         &a mp;a mp;n bsp;       

heyyy anu welcome to the forum!

thnks soo much for refreshing our memories wid such nice/cute scenes....i wish i cud watch them😭 lol hopefully i will wen murali puts the video updates from star utsav......

and nope i didnt get bored at all i luv readn every1' s responses its cool to know how ppl got 'hooked' to our fav show n coupleπŸ˜ƒ 

Edited by shimmer1 - 18 years ago
Hey Shimmer πŸ˜ƒ
gud topic .........πŸ˜›

hm . . . gud question.......!!!! πŸ˜›
how do i startted watching kk.........
actually i was neva in2 watching serials.........dey neva appealed me
so i neva use 2 watch dem....it was july n i was on my summer vacation
i was bored nothing much 2 do at home.........so i use 2 keep surfing channels
on tv...1day i got 2 c kk z promo on star plus........KK was there wearing da read dress
which she is wearing in da title track of kk.......she looked nice n most of all i liked her
chararcter..............it was da 1st promo of kk dat i saw n kk was saying dad ji k sumthing,
jatin ki patni, su ki dost aur aapki kk n den dey told its soon gona start on star plus........from dat 1st promo i liked da character of kk
she was so full of life ,bubblie ..........serial name Kumkum also played an imp
part in grabing my attention..........i luvd da name kk so i thot m gona watch this  serial  so on da day kk z 1st epd was aired i was sitting infornt of my tv watching kk on star plus....... dats how i started watching kk  den i use 2 watch it daily....i still remember at dat tym kk use 2 b aired at 4pm in pak.........
it was a routine 2 watch kk daily..........but den 1day i swtiched on my tv n saw dat i my star plus wasnt working
uffffffff i felt so bad den my cable operator told me dat star plus wont b working now.......!!! 😭
i was like wat da hell is dis.........so it was 4 abt a month dat i wasnt able 2 watch kk n those were
those epdz wen jatin suffered from brain tumour n den i died.........i feel gud dat i cudnt get 2 watch those
epds as neva liked anuj.........lolz(no offence)
den after a month wen i got my star plus bak ..................i saw da epd wen kk was dressed up like a bride
n it was her marriage wid vishal.......!!! i used 2 hate dat guy.🀒.....i dint want kk 2 leave wadhwa house
so wen su got married kk i was so happy.........i like su....i had an idea dat su z gona marry kk
so i was excited on their marriage.......i felt bad 4 renuka .............also 4 su as he use 2 luv her but
i was happy cuz i hated renuka 4 her evil thouts.seh neva liked kk bhabi from da start she was jealous
of her.
after dat i hv been watching kk.........πŸ˜‰.

shimmer thanx aloads 4 da ko0l post😊...........njoyed sharing abt how i hooked 2 kk n also abt
how other hooked 2 it!!! 😳
Edited by taurus - 18 years ago
Hmm, really nice topic Shimmer, loved the topic,

well i statred watching the show 1 when Dada ji asked Sumit to leave the Wh House and he says kah app mujhay iss kumkum ki wajah say nikal rahain hai.... 2, then i saw the title track which was different from all other title tracks .... 3. most of all i was hooked to Juhi's fteching looks... i was surprised to see such a beautiful and innocent Bahu on SP....

and then offcourse because of juhi i fell in love with her chemistry with hussain !! πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by mariaam

Hmm, really nice topic Shimmer, loved the topic,

well i statred watching the show 1 when Dada ji asked Sumit to leave the Wh House and he says kah app mujhay iss kumkum ki wajah say nikal rahain hai.... 2, then i saw the title track which was different from all other title tracks .... 3. most of all i was hooked to Juhi's fteching looks... i was surprised to see such a beautiful and innocent Bahu on SP....

and then offcourse because of juhi i fell in love with her chemistry with hussain !! πŸ˜‰

thnks everyone for liking the topic lol....

and wen was this? was sumit pretending to be bad or sumthing? and how cud he speak like tht abt kumkum "kah app mujhay iss kumkum ki wajah say nikal rahain hai"πŸ˜•

Originally posted by shimmer1

heyyy anu welcome to the forum!

thnks soo much for refreshing our memories wid such nice/cute scenes....i wish i cud watch them😭 lol hopefully i will wen murali puts the video updates from star utsav......

and nope i didnt get bored at all i luv readn every1' s responses its cool to know how ppl got 'hooked' to our fav show n coupleπŸ˜ƒ 

yup agree wid u shimmer anu refreshed old memoreis.

thanx anu

jamie n anu welcum 😊

yeah v dun get bored of reading every1z experience how dey got hooked  & booked 2 kk.........heheheπŸ˜† πŸ˜†

gud going every!!πŸ˜‰

hi

nice discussion

i got sp in july 2003

well i started watching kk from the part when su left wadhwa house and wnet to renuka's place. i saw that episoede and was thrilled by su. i fell in love with him and since then i have been glued to kk. i love sukk's pairing and when i starting watching the story i read about the whole story and how jatin had dies and su married kk. it is unique story, nevr shwon on televison befor of how 2 people maary and fall in love, who used to be devar-bhsbhi earlier
i remember watching the epsidoe when thr marriage counceller meet su in the restaurant and su was waiting for kk. i could see love in his eyes for kk, and i kept on saying to myself why does'nt this guy tell her he loves her. i loved their milan on karva-chauat.
i admire kk alot, she is an ideal women and i adore su and think he is every womens prince charming
sukk's characters are the highlight of the serial too and their payara sa bandhan keeps us hooked to the serail

norzar
Originally posted by taurus

yup agree wid u shimmer anu refreshed old memoreis.

thanx anu

jamie n anu welcum 😊

yeah v dun get bored of reading every1z experience how dey got hooked  & booked 2 kk.........heheheπŸ˜† πŸ˜†

gud going every!!πŸ˜‰

Thank u for the welcomeπŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by shimmer1

thnks everyone for liking the topic lol....

and wen was this? was sumit pretending to be bad or sumthing? and how cud he speak like tht abt kumkum "kah app mujhay iss kumkum ki wajah say nikal rahain hai"πŸ˜•

Yup. Sumeet said that. It was one crazy twist… Vishal had proofs to prove Sumeet was innocent in a murder case. He told kumkum that only he can save sumeet and for that she has to divorce Sumeet and marry him. There was no otherway of saving sumeet so Kumkum agreed. He said he will help her only after she gets sumeet to sign the divorce papers and sign them herself. Kumkum did it… Sumeet signed it coz he thought she was in love with vishal  and wanted to marry himπŸ˜•. He was treating her like a bewafa sanam during that time constantly reminding her she is kuch din ke meheman in the wadhwa house and that he and dhurv have to learn to live without her. And Kumkum was even weird… she was contemplating Suicide to avoid marrying Vishal and had got herself poison also. Dadaji happened to trip on the poison and blamed Sumeet for kumkum's drastic decision and sent him out of the house. Sumeet went to stay at Renuka's place vowing he will never enter the threshold of the house.😑 He didn't… he instead used the window to come in after the entire house has slept and played with dhruv. πŸ˜†

luv

Anu.

I startd watching this serial when Kumkum's look alike Chanda showed up and Renuka kidnapped kumkum....by the way i was watching a film called Pehchaan and Kumkum was in it...i was surprised.....i never knew she was in a film...it was with Raveena Tandon