shimmer1 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

hey guys...

heres an interesting question...HOW and WHEN  did you start watching kumkum?..(when as in what scene/part did you see that you felt like watching it more etc etc)..basicallly how did you start liking the show...? how did you get hooked to it?....

(because wid some ppl it might have been tht they didnt like it in the beginning then started liking it later on)...

ok here is how i started reading updates/watching or following up on the show:

actually i thought of this while watching the star utsav videos posted by our darling murali...(thanks again)...

when kumkum had first started i used to be totally hooked on to KZK never used to miss even a single episode. the first promo i saw of kumkum...

showed kumkum sitting on a swing and eating pickles from a small bowl (i think she wearing something purple) and she looked at the screen and said 'achaar'...then she talked abt some function in the house and she said 'kitna maaza aayega itne log aayenge....aap bhi aayenge na?'

when i first saw this promo i liked kumkum at once (the character not the show)....i thought she was reallly cute/nice/friendly....i was like kool girl

so basically while watching KZK i got to know the story of kumkum some what through the promos that used to air.

then i saw the promo where they showed:

kumkum is in a white sari and basically they show jatin's dead.

i was soo shocked because at that time i had no idea how indian soaps work....KZK was like sorta my first indian show i was watching....

and i was thinking 'ooohhh nooo poor girl' i felt soo bad for her. and i was like oh no they cant do tht they cant kill her husband. and i thought 'now what they story is over what can they show after this now?' (i didnt know in soaps they show ppl getting married a million times lol except for kumkum n sumit of course)....

then next interesting promo i saw was:

kumkum again in a white sari and dadji had a heart attack...and everyone was trying to convince kumkum to get married to vishal for dadaji's sake

so i was like oooh kool thts what they are going to do...get her married again...thts nice lol.

next promo:

kumkum is dressed in red clothes, dadima comes behined her and puts her hands on kumkum's shoulder looks at the screen and says' hamari kumkum ki shaadi hai....aap bhi aaye ga'....

my thoughts were just like hmmmm...(still didnt start watching the show just the promos that were aired during KZK)....

next promo: the SHOCKER!

Sumit dragging kumkum by the hand and putting sindoor on her forehead!!!!!

i was sooooooooo shocked and annoyed at sumit for doing that lol. i was thinking oh no now they are going to drag their marriage on for ages then ultimately sumit n kumkum will divorce and then she will marry vishal.....BUT

by chance i saw an episode right after kumkum-sumit's marriage (my first episode of kumkum)....and sumit was leaving for office or something like that...and kumkum n sumit both were really awkward wid each other....then a thought came into my mind: 'what if these two fall in love wid each other?'

thats when i knew that that is what the writers of the show had in mind. ie to make kumkum and sumit fall for each other.....

Anyways i suddenly started liking their chemistry, and i wanted to see how they fall in love LOL....from then on i loved kumkum n sumit and the show and got HoOkEd!!!   WHAT ABOUT you??

(but unfortunately for me i cud only read the updates and not watch 😭  because i didnt have cable at my house (my parents think we will get hooked to the telly so thats why we never got cable since we were kids hahaha) but i used to watch at my aunt's house so i could only go when KZK used to come...i cudnt go at any of the times when kumkum used to come....only some episodes i got to watch by chance and now thanks to KIRAn and Murali (now you know murali why i insist on watching the old star utsav episodes coz i have never seen them before😭 ) iam watching the rest.....thanks guys i wuv uuu)...

Edited by shimmer1 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

x.Asian~Flava.x thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
how i started watchin kumkum?

well i was skipping through all my channels one day and passed star plus and kumkum was on it was when tara rahuls ex wife was playing sum game to get the wadhwa families money. i thought it looked intresting isaw the last 5 mins only. than next day at b4 the drama started i started watchin it and started likin it and never missed a episode after tht. also later on i started relising tht i liked hussain than i was gone mad about it and started chattin with my m8, fam, cousins and etc. and than i found out about this forum and i joined it and now thts where i am.and i'm proud to be!Edited by tara - 18 years ago
mathimurali thumbnail
hi,
mine is a very different and indeed a long story.
i used to watch 'babhi' in sony at first i think it was aired at 1.30 in the afternoon.i used to watch kzk sometimes and accidently i saw the promo of kumkum and i liked juhi πŸ˜› πŸ˜› very much so i decided to watch the show.i started watching in the beginning but i don't like kk and jatin's combination 😑 😑 (i felt hu 😳 😳 matches well with juhi)so i stopped watching.
another day i saw one promo in which kk was a widow i got interested and started watching again but the story goes slowly so i used to see some episodes and skip some.
when kk and su got married i continuously watched kk interestingly and i used to discuss with my friend abt kk 😊 😊 😊 .
then when su was abt know abt renuka set top box problem 😑 😑 came and i am not able to watch it thereafter.u know i can't even sleep for 1 week and that time i found no source to know what is happening. 4 years passed away but i can't forget kk.one day while browsing for my studies in google i put kumkum in search box and found this forum.then also i don't know that in this forum i can get videos.then again my search begins and i found that 'hindi joy ' is having videos of kk so i joined it and saw the videos but the videos are during abay time 😑 😑 .
then i found in IF the video links to different scenes u know how much joy i felt πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ .
after a struggle of 5 years now i am watching kk fresh in star utsav and don't want anyone to miss the early episodes as they r very interesting so i decided to post the videos.haaaaaaaaaaaaa........very long story naaaaaaaa....
damsel111 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hmm.. nice topic shimmer πŸ˜ƒ
n a gud question πŸ˜† πŸ˜›

when did i start watchin kumkum... hmm...
in school my frnd used to talk abt it... she used to tell me the story.. i basically lykd kumkum'z character n the name too attracted me.. it was new for me n sounded nice.. i used to ask my frnd how the story is going n whts happenin n al...

as my school tymingz were long enough to miss even almost the repeat telecast..
kk repeated at nyte aswell.. n she watched it then but as u al know my sleeping habbits so lolz.. hehe
neway 1 day i was lucky enough to watch sumit... n i was lyk 😲 yeh tu wohii haiii πŸ˜†
actually i knew him from before πŸ˜† ave seen ashirwad.. kyunki.. sarhadien so.. i was after him tab se he πŸ˜†
n that was it.. after that day i didnt miss a single epi... uhh actually i did a few.. cuz of this stupid cable problem 🀒 😑 ... n the 1z i watched i saw them 3 tymz a day πŸ˜† for hussain!! actually i didnt even know his name at that tyme 😳 neway i watche dthe show for him...
at that tyme i lykd sumit n renuka together.. n kumkum looked gud as his bhabhi πŸ˜† ... n when su got married to kk i was lyk wht the hell man he luvd renuka.. yeh kia bakwas haii..... n later when the luv started to blossom... i felt in luv with sukk... n wince then i ave been booked.. hooked with it πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ...

n the end of this story was that hu kept me hooked to it basically 😳
rdeepti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hii friends
   i started watching the show when dadaji said sumit to leave the house because kumkum taught to die taking poison when sumit was going near renuka
i liked kumkum she is cute i liked her hair style and started watching the show then sunit hussain face attracted me
t i saw hin in kisme kithna hai dum ,kuch kar dikanna ..i liked his way
i started watching kumkum helped sumit to tell truth of renuka sumit slowly fell in love with kumkum
some eye to eye romance started in sumit towards kumkum
he made her to fall in love with him kumkum loves him from early in other way then she and sumit became friends
sumit was showing his love to kumkum in different way kumkum was under standing his feeling but she was not able to express her feeling to him
sumit made her to come close to him kc night ......
i loved their chemistry it was marvolous ( i use to watch a serial in dd 1 before i don't have cable connection i use to watch shakthi their was romance scenes in it i use to love it ) when i saw kumkum sumitkumkum feelings as friends i loved it
i use watch the show for 2 times 7and 1 midnight
i am in 2nd year of my engineering i use to come early to home to watch kumkum tocaught 1.00 afternoon show it dragged me too much even noe i don't miss even one episode
i can say i missed 2 episodes once power cut and other time i could not come home early i was out
even noe i feel bad of it
now also i request for that videos but i didnot get that videos to watch
any one can help me
recently when sumit planned to go to gao on diwali their was dance between kumkum sumit last scene
shimmer1 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
kool interesting to know how all ur friends got to watch our favourite show and couple!...keep em coming ppl i liked readin!! lol!
damsel111 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yeah shimmer its nice to know abt every1 πŸ˜ƒ
thanx for the topic πŸ˜ƒ
anku2cute thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thanx for d topic.....

well i likd d show frm d start but coz of skol missed it....used 2 watch during my xams πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† really as used 2 b home early...then i ws in 10th std n had tutions but during dussehra i had hlidays for xams n i starte watchin n tht tymthe picnic scene was cuming....i fell in luv wid the show....thenn luckily my tution tym cchangd 2 7:30pm so i used 2 watch the show n never missed an eps...then in 11 th n 12 std i had my coaching classes at 3 pm so i watched it n luvd it...infact when i had tests at 1pm i used 2 cum at 9pm but used 2 sit till 1 am 2 watch the eps....infact sumtyms i watcd s eps 2 tym n sumtyms 3 tyms n frm then i fell in luv wid hussain n juhi n now im here
anushka_5 thumbnail
Hi!
I am Anushka. I am new around the Kumkum forum... but i love being here. Shimmer, it is a great topic... Since Kumkum has started on star ustav and it is heading towards its greatest twist... we should have more discussion on Kumkum's intial episode. It is a great Initiative πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
coming to ur question...
It took a long time for me to get hooked to kumkum. when Kumkum began i wasnt a regular viewer of the show. The title track gave an idea that Jatin was to die and sumeet would marry Kumkum. Sumeet saving the sindoor when the puja's talli falls off Kumkum's hand and he trying to throw colour on her while she was avoiding him gave a clear picture of the future. Just out of curiosity i used to watch it occasionally after Jatin's death. The relationship Kumkum and Sumeet shared back then was very special and i did believe that getting these two married would prove a disaster. But somehow i really hated Renuka and Vishal in Sumeet and Kumkum's lives, respectively. Those pairs were such a mismatch.
Then came the D-day when Kumkum was supposed to married off to Vishal... i was happy that vishal didnt turn up and happier Renuka was away winning a beauty pageant.
I always knew that Su-kk's marriage will be an act to save Kk from the humiliation...but least did i expect what i actually saw. I thought some1 would give sumeet the idea or emotionally blackmail him to do that... but Sumeet was possessed by something... the manner in which he dragged Kumkum out and splashed sindoor at her.. left me spellbound. I was too annoyed till i saw the realization of what he had done dawned in Sumeet's eyes. He was waging a battle within himself... he was fighting himself to know if he was right or wrong... ur heart really went out to him at that point. I wasn't bothered abt kumkum so much coz I knew once Sumeet gets a hold of himself he will take care of her.
Then the Next morning the rituals were taking place and Sumeet-Kumkum stood together and Man and Wife. They surely made good looking couple... but there much of strain and awkwardness that they couldnt even look at eachother. There was this strange chemistry that u could sense just then something u hadnt seen previously... despite all my reservation to this marriage I really hoped it would work. I hoped Renuka and Vishal never ever surface again. Have to hand it over to Hussain and Juhi's sensitive, mature performance through the most delicate and biggest twists of the story… it could have made the story or destroyed it. The show's success speaks for itself.
After marriage i did watch it regularly. Sumeet calling Kumkum 'Aap' was very sweet (wonder when he shifted to 'Tum'?)   But what really got me hooked and attached to the characters of Sumeet and Kumkum was the scene Renuka attempted Sucide. Sumeet along Kumkum who adamantly joined him drove to the cliff where Renuka was supposedly attempting suicide... in a hurry to reach the place Sumeet was driving rashly. It left Kumkum in a horrible state coz she was having complicated pregnancy. They reach the spot just in time, summet gets off the car moves towards Renuka while she being saved by another guy(that guy proved quite a jerk) when Kumkum collapses in pain. Without a second thought or glance at Renuka he rushed to Kumkum and drove her away to the hospital leaving Renuka frustrated... apparently it was her vicious plan to gain sumeet's attention and sympathy and make him guilty.
At the hospital Kumkum is being difficult not listening to the docs who says she needs a sonography to check if the kid is fine. Then it is upto Sumeet to convince her and he does when he says... the kid means a lot to him and their family and if something goes wrong he wont forgive himself... and literally pleads her to agree to the sonography. Kumkum agrees but on the condition that Sumeet goes to Renuka coz she needs him the most now. 😑 😑 😑 Sumeet promises her... he steps out. But he cant get himself go away leaving kumkum. So he stays back, though outside.
Kumkum is done with her check up... The baby is doing fine, the doc or the nurse asks her abt her husband as to where he went... she avoids the question. She comes out and invariably scanning the corridor for Sumeet, probably knowing he wouldnt have gone leaving her in such a state... and when she doesnt find him, she is DISAPPOINTED. To add to her confusion or may i say horror... her atma comes out and teases her that she is feeling bad coz Sumeet wasn't with her. Kumkum argues saying that she herself asked him to go so why would she be upset. Her atma tells her though she said it she didnt mean it with her heart and that she is getting used to Sumeet being around her and she feels good when he cares for her. Kumkum is busy refuting her inner voice who before disappearing asks her "tho agar ab Sumeet yahan ajaye tumhe koi farak nahi padega?" 😳 😳 😳 And just when Kumkum mutters "Nahi..." Sumeet emerges at the other end of the corridor.. looking tensed and anxious. Kumkum watches him walk upto her, wondering why the hell his presence in making such a positive difference to her. She is almost in a trance when Sumeet snaps her out of it asking "kya hua? app aise kyun dekhrahi hain? sab theek tho hai?" and Kumkum avoiding his eyes says "kuch nahi.. sab theek hai". It was a brilliantly shot scene. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ It surely was my defining moment in Kumkum. Kumkum has just acknowledged Sumeet's importance in her life.
After that it was very nice to watch the tension and strain ease out in their marriage as they accepted eachother as an important part of their life and its decisions. It was fun to watch an involuntarily insecure(at times jealous) and disturbed kumkum 😳 whenever renuka was around sumeet. 😑 But then Sumeet was real sweet heart doing everything right always unkowning putting Kumkum's tensions to rest. The entire pregnancy phase was beautifully shot... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
Sumeet did everything right and kumkum surely felt pampered. I only wish it ended on a happier note... being with Kumkum all along sumeet disappeared when she needed him the most. He fell trap to Renuka's ploy as a result he wasnt present for kumkum when she delivered Dhruv (I hope this time around he is there for her)
This couple is truly special... what is so special is the way in which they have shared their lives together and evolved with time. They have maintained the dignity of their relationship through testing times... it rare to find that in Tv soaps these days. God Bless this couple.
That was pretty long… hope I didn't bore anyone
It will be interesting to read everyone's experience with the show…
Until next time
Luv
Anu.         &n bsp;       
rdeepti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hii friends
it is great topic to discuss about kumkum how i become hooked to kumkum serial
i was more regular veiwer of kumkum when sumit applyed to divorce to kumkum the lawyer made a trick that how much they care each other
lawyer asked both of them to meet in a restaurent sumit came he is waiting with lawyer for kumkum she was too last he was tensed what happened
lawyer was watching him he was ringing phone to kumkum but no reply
after 2 hours she came when ne saw her he was cooled and asked her why she was late is she ok
kumkum did not undrstand then lawyer says u can't leave with out each other i whantedly called her 2 hours late to know our feelings in this 2 hours u were soo tensed that u did not talk to me atleast a word ......
i felt now the love story starts and i use to watch regularly it made me to watch the show 2 times even at midnight ....