Symonds takes back roti and curry recipies from BB

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds, who has come out of the "Bigg Boss" house, says he had a satisfying stay in the house and learnt how to make rotis and Indian curries during his 11-day stay.

"Stay was very good and sort of satisfying. I made a couple of new friends in Siddharth Bharadwaj, Mahek Chahal and Shonali Nagrani. I learnt plenty of things like Indian style cooking, curries and spices. I learnt how to make rotis. Had a great experience living with Indian people and learnt how sensitive and passionate they are," he said.

"I have learnt how important is your family, friends and simple things in life that we take for granted. It has made me appreciate what I have got," he added.

Talking about Pooja Missra, who re-entered the house as Symonds' interpreter after her eviction earlier, Symonds said she didn't use her second stint in the right way.

"She had the opportunity to go back inside the house and rectify an awkward situation, but the way she chose to go about it was not sensible. I didn't want to cause any damage, but it is time for the truth. This woman got to realise and understand that you can't continue to do this (argumetns and fights)," Symonds told IANS over phone from Mumbai.

He admits language was a problem, but body language helped him to understand people.

"It was difficult as I didn't know the language, but I could understand the body language. But when conversation used to go on, it was difficult to understand. The fights looked ugly. But you couldn't really control the disagreements," he said.

Why did your chose to enter 'Bigg Boss'?

"I enjoy coming to India. I have a lot of good friends and I had lot of good times here in India. It was a more obvious place for me to do something like this because I have a connection with the country. It was a great experience and useful also. I would be coming back to India again for more cricket," he said adding that he flying home to spend "Christmas with my family".

The Colors show started off with 13 female contestants and Shakti Kapoor as the only male inmate. However, Amar Upadhyay, Siddharth Bhardwaj and Akashdeep Saigal entered the reality show hosted by Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt.

And other celebs like Mahesh Bhatt, Swami Agnivesh and Symonds keep making brief appearances in the reality show.