•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

Shama Sikandar takes a stride... the Jet Set way

Welcome aboard!

Shama Sikandar replaces Aashka Goradia in Jet Set Go

Reena Thapar Kapoor

After a well-deserved break, actress Shama Sikandar will be back on television air-waves. Ever since her big show Yeh Meri Life Hai went off air, Sikandar has largely been cooling her heels - apart from the few guest appearances. "I was not interested in doing the kind of work that was being offered to me. After playing a fully rounded character in Yeh Meri... I do not want to take up something that didn't offer me anything substantial," Sikandar says.

So now, the actress will be seen in Star One's Jet Set Go. "It's true that I'm doing Jet Set Go. I've never done a travel show and this will be my first time," says a visibly excited Sikandar. Speaking about her new assignment, she says, "I know that that there are many anchors but I'll be replacing the one who has failed to meet the target."

Although she doesn't know it, she will replace Aashka Goradia of Kkusum fame in the show.

According to the format, anchors approach unsuspecting people on the streets and ask them if they'd want to go abroad and try and get them on to a plane. The one who manages to get his/her guest into the flight wins (so far only Tasneem Sheikh has managed to do it) and the ones who don't… go out.  Sikandar says: "I haven't been briefed as yet, but I know that I'll have to start shooting next month onwards." So what does she get if she wins? A 16 days and I5 nights holiday package to a destination for her choice.

On the personal front, she says that exercising keeps her busy. "While working on a daily show one doesn't get much time to concentrate on one's health. So, I've tried to make the best of this break," she concludes.

Yah she does!!!!!!!!!! 😃 😛

Yah she does!!!!!!!!!! 😃 😃
aaw she looks pretty 😃 tfs
no she looks odd..esp. her face.
she looks ok

but nausheen ali sardar look better 😆

don't kill me people.

i'm being honest. anita looks best in tellywood.