Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

About Savita.. plz read this article

royy thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
TALKING POINT with Apara Mehta
Sulakshana Gupta
New Delhi, March 26: You've finally left Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi after six years?
Till about three days ago, we were still shooting, so it still hasn't sunk in. I've been so used to shooting 20 hours, 30 days a month, that I haven't had the time to oil my hair for four years. I'm going to try and return to a normal lifestyle. I've missed too many birthday parties and events. Was Savita's bump-off your idea?
No, I read it in the papers just like everyone else. After Savita there will be a huge vacuum on the show. Who will stand up to Tulsi? Where's the conflict? But Ekta is a smart woman and I'm sure she'll come up with something.
< = src="http://banners.expressindia.com/banner/eiintel.js"> < = src="http://banners.expressindia.com/adsnew/adjs.php?para=no&n=537328582&what=zone:470&target=_blank&exclude=," =text/>
Why did Savita have to die?
Tulsi could never have been the chief matriarch while Savita was around. Will your character also be reborn on the show?
That's what everyone keeps asking me. I'll definitely be back in flashbacks and whenever Tulsi finds herself in a spot she will turn to me. I suggested to Balaji that they have a scene where everyone's sitting around in whites and Savita prances in, dressed in her usual flamboyant style, hugging someone and brushing someone else's tears away. It will be a great send-off and I think they like the idea. What will you miss most about Kyunki...?
Savita's bindis. Even when I had to wear basics after Mansukh's death, I missed my colourful attire. Now I'll miss it even more. Will you miss the cast members?
We've been together for six years and involved in every aspect of each other's lives. After Camel (Komolika Guha) had a baby we were all involved in deciding which school the child would go to. Even when my daughter wanted to get into acting, the youngsters in the cast advised her on what auditions to go for. Why do people always address you in Hindi?
I'm 43 and actually very trendy, but because I play a character like Savita they naturally think I must be a behenji. I'm really keen to get back to playing my own age. Do you have offers for other shows?
Yes, but everyone keeps asking me whether I'd be willing to work outside Balaji. If I get offered something good, I'll definitely take it.

Will you concentrate more on theatre now?
I've always remained rooted to my Gujarati theatre tradition. I knew that the glitz and glamour would eventually die out. Even though it gave me more popularity than ever before, I never let it go to my head. I'll continue to concentrate on my plays because I've become a well-known star on the Gujarati stage

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Immie thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
thanx ..aleast Savitha's athma will help Tulsi or not?????? 😭 😭