Manish Wadhwa in Ram Gopal Varma’s next

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

TV star in Ram Gopal Varma's next

Manish Wadhwa is a Bombay boy who made his mark with the powerful role of Kali in the TV serial, 'Kohinoor'. He was seen in films like 'Rahul', '2nd October' and 'Bose - The Forgotten Hero'. An active theatre actor, he has shared the stage with none other than Jaya Bachchan. Ramu has cast him in his forthcoming venture, 'Shabri'. He talks to Indiatimes about how he bagged the role and what the film is all about.

You are doing Ram Gopal Varma's 'Shabri', what's your role in it?
Someone in Ramuji's office saw my hoardings and called me. He wanted me to meet Ramuji and I was going out of town to do shows of my play in Bangalore. When I came back after 10 days I contacted them and they called me over. I met him and he said that I looked totally different from the role of Kali in 'Kohinoor'. He asked me to do a look-test so that they see whether I fit into the role or not. So I did it and they liked it.

How is it working in Ram Gopal Varma's 'Factory'?
It's a pleasure working in a Ram Gopal Varma film. The entire team is very good. They all want to do something new. The things may be the same but when they are treated differently, they seem new and exciting.

What is your role in 'Shabri'?
We are three people in the film that are the main characters. Isha Koppikar is playing Shabri, then there is Raj Arjun and me. All three are friends, living in the same 'chawl', leading very regular lives. Something happens that makes my character the backbone of the character, Shabri. My character remains with her throughout, in her hideout etc. The story has an underworld connection as well.

Are you doing any TV right now?
My show 'Kohinoor' is over and I am not doing any TV at the moment.

Are you saying goodbye to TV after getting into films?
No, not at all. I am open to any medium. If something good comes up I'll do it whether its theatre or TV or films. The role has to be good.

How was it doing the role of Kali?
I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was a role of a lifetime, extremely powerful. Although it was on TV, but I don't think even in films there has been a character like this. I am very happy that I did it. Moreover it got me a Ram Gopal film.

Edited by khushix - 18 years ago
hmmm...thxx 4 da article... 😃
cool..thanks for sharing! 😉