Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Media does some kyunki..bashing!

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
eaningless soundbyte journalism which has only got worse as channels are perpetually at war for breaking news. The moot point raised was on whether the media has forgotten its role in democracy and is content being created only to rope in advertisers.

In all, though a very thought provoking discussion, but somehow I felt it also got a bit too harsh on the media. Agreed that there is sensationalism but one can't deny that there has also been a lot of good work by the media. Like in recent times, bringing out the major inherent handicaps in the judicial system and attempting to drive in judicial activism.

While all this talk on the judiciary goes, the soaps on the small screen have been quick to rope in rather 'judicial' plots around the same. I saw the main protagonist Karan Virani, with what looked like a punk for a lawyer (since all the top lawyers refused to take on the case for Tulsi) trying to bribe the judge. For those unplugged to the serial, Tulsi is facing trial for mercy killing her mother-in-law in the serial. And interestingly, Ekta has roped in Sudha Chandran (remember Ramola Sikand) as the judge who apparently hates criminals to the core. I think the judicial track will really go on for a long time now.

Ditto for her other serial, Kasauti Zindagi Kay, where the main protagonist, Prerna, has to choose between the right and wrong. Meaning, be a witness and garner evidence to rope in the criminal. So, will she won't she? I think she will stand by the truth.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanjana22sanju thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
thanks for sharing..... 😃