•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
In Melbourne for the Commonwealth Games singer Sonu Nigam is having a ball. "I'll be performing a new song composed by the band Trio. It's called Dilli chalo, and it's basically an invitation for the world at large for the 2010 Commonwealth games to be held in Delhi. I love representing my country in any form.

And this is as close as it gets to getting the doors for our nation open to the outside world…That apart I'm more relaxed here in Melbourne than I've been in a long time. I'm catching up on some much-required sleep.

I'm doing other things that I had been putting off for six months now due to time constraints, like jotting down my diary thoughts on the events in my life during the past six months. I'm basically relaxing and enjoying my solitude after a long time."

Saif isn't so relaxed. "I've got Bhangra to perform at the event. I'm very excited about it. But also very nervous. Never done that before. It's one thing to play the guitar with a rock band. To do the Bhangra is quite another. I hope it goes well. Because the whole world will be watching, You know what? It feels good to be representing my country so far away. Yeah I feel very patriotic."