Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Antara fears for Karunya

uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago
"I fear for Karunya"

She was the final chance for Anu Malik's prophecy to come true on Indian Idol II! Antara Mitra's elimination from Idol not only put an end to her own deam run, but it also laid to rest Malik's hope of a girl Idol this time round. But the lady from an obscure village in the outskirts of West Bengal, hasn't given up hope, she'll soon be in Mumbai to pursue her career in music.

Antara Mitra: Mumbai bound!

Ananya Sengupta spoke to Antara, who's now in her hometown, relaxing and taking time out to gather her energies to take on the fast life of Mumbai after she returns.

How do you feel now that you are back in your usual lifestyle?
I am missing all those things that I would previously be embarassed about on Indian Idol. Like when the camera followed us around! I miss all the attention, really!

Did you feel let down when you were voted out?
The worst thing was that I let a lot of people down. Specially, Anuji! He had said that a girl will be the Indian Idol this time! And at that point of time, I was the only girl around!

So who do you think will be the Idol this time?
Nothing can be said! I am really at a loss of words! In the last version, there was still some hope, but this time...really all the good singers have been voted out! Now, I fear for Karunya!

Antara practising with other contestants

How was the response back home?
It was great! The media has been great to me and not only my parents but my neighbours are proud of me as well!

Are you doing any stage shows now?
No, I am not doing anything at the moment because I don't know where my contract with Sony stands. I am coming down to Mumbai and then I'll decide.

Are you in touch with any of your fellow contestants?
I am in touch with most of them. Karu (Karunya) calls too. Monali calls too, but now she's busy jetsetting between Kolkata and Mumbai!

What happened to the offer made to you by Anu Malik?
It's still to happen. I have to wait for as good banner and a really great song!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters