•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago
Manish Malhotra
Gear up Mumbai, Lakme Fashion Week is here

The Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) starts tomorrow with some newcomers, some old war horses and some
like me, who have been working, but will be showing for the first time at the LFW.

Once in Mumbai, I was part of the finale along with Rina Dhaka and Rohit Bal and truly enjoyed the experience.

There's a lot more to the LFW besides the glamour, glitz, fashion and style.

There are designers who are anxious, some nervous and the others like me are hyper.

Besides being bothered about our clothes, we designers have a million things on our minds like getting the music right, the fittings, who will sit where, who's going to be our showstopper etc.

What to look out for at this year's LFW: Hopefully new designers

Allegations faced this year: Delhi designers saying Mumbai Fashion Week has too much of Bollywood and yet asking some of the actresses to walk the ramps for them

Watch HiT List every day, starting tomorrow, as yours truly will provide you with your daily dope on what's going to happen, who's going to wear what, the designers and the stress, junta's comments, the excitement and the spirit of Lakme Fashion Week.
With stars in his eyes: Euan Blair
Blair's son all set for Hollywood

British Prime Minister Tony Blair's son is set to star alongside Hollywood actress Natalie Portman in the forthcoming flick Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

Euan Blair worked as an assistant producer alongside Portman on new movie V For Vendetta, and has been inundated with acting jobs ever since.

The 22-year-old's role in the new film is yet to be confirmed, but pal Portman is convinced he will become a huge Hollywood star.

She says, "Euan's a great laugh and knows more about movies than anyone I know.

"We got on so well on V For Vendetta and we'll be working together in the near future — but he'll be acting by then.

"He could end up being more famous than his old man."
Salaam, namaste Down Under
Aishwarya Rai perform during the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia, yesterday
Rani Mukerji and Saif Ali Khan (right) perform during the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia, yesterday - Pics: AP