Lata Didi threatens to quit Mumba - Page 3

Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by Shantibai

In any case she is welcome to move over to my place ..
Aagashi by the sea ..
Right out of Bombay and no freaking flyovers to deal with .. still virgin territory... the territory , not me πŸ˜†

Ok let us look at the choices here

thousands of gawking passer-by's, thousands of cars/trucks passing by in a hour

Vs

living next to Shantibai

isnt the choice easy hereπŸ˜‰?

I have never been to Mumbai. Which city has better infrastructure? Delhi or Mumbai? πŸ˜•
Delhi -Metro train
Mumbai-Still waiting.

We have public transport systems
1. WR,CR,HR i.e. rail network for localtrains.4000 ppl travel by one train in pick-up hrs. 😭
U know some what like Nazi chambers. 😭 😭

2.Best Buses.

Slums on both the sides of the road decreasing actual width of the roads causing heavy traffic jams in most of the parts of Mumbai.

Edited by saniya9919 - 18 years ago
Maybe there are many who are probably using her as an excuse to push their thoughts ahead of not wanting a fly over there.

But as a responsible citizen of this country and as a true mumbaiite in every sense of the word, should she not think more of how much Mumbai would benefit from this flyover.

Is her privacy more important than the city

Originally posted by SolidSnake

I have never been to Mumbai. Which city has better infrastructure? Delhi or Mumbai? πŸ˜•

i love mumbai more , and prefer to stay there. (well pune is the best)

but i wud pick delhi for infrastructure and food yum yum .

Originally posted by saniya9919

Delhi -Metro train
Mumbai-Still waiting.

1. WR,CR,HR i.e. rail network for localtrains.4000 ppl travel by one train in pick-up hrs. 😭

2.Best Buses.

Slums on both the sides of the road decreasing actual width of the roads causing heavy traffic jams in most of the parts of Mumbai.

Yes, Metro has brought a see change in Delhi. 1st phase is over I think. 2nd phase is in progress and when 3rd phase gets completed it will be revolutionary for Delhi. This is all thanks to one man, E.Sreedharan, MD of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC). 2010 Commonwealth Games will mean that Delhi will get more infrastructure projects. More flyovers, more roads etc.. One thing authorities must do is to clean Yamuna river, I cross it daily to office. It stinks like a nallah and looks like too. Even after hundreds of crores there is no improvement. I think they will have to do it bec'se proposed commonwealth games village is near Yamuna (adjacent to Akshardham Temple). All unauthorised commercial constructions alongside major roads (example South Ex) will be demolished due to Supreme Court's order. And if we apply for 2020 Olympic I am sure they will be held in Delhi again.

BTW, what happened to Mumbai Metro project? Hasn't it been approved?

Originally posted by saniya9919

Delhi -Metro train
Mumbai-Still waiting.

2.Best Buses.

Throw the same influx of population on Delhi that Mumbai gets and let us see what happens with those metro trains

get real

compare apples to apples, dont compare apples to oranges

Originally posted by rage797

and prefer to stay there. (well pune is the best)

koi shak?

BTW, how did you (personally) cope with recent Mumbai floods (100 cm rain in 12 hours 😲 ? Did anyone of you had a harrowing experience? πŸ˜•

Originally posted by SolidSnake

BTW, how did you (personally) cope with recent Mumbai floods (100 cm rain in 12 hours 😲 ? Did anyone of you had a harrowing experience? πŸ˜•

live with it, get ready for another one in a few monthsπŸ˜‰

that is the mantra here

whether it is bombblasts, rains, or politicians