•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Bollywood is replete with the stories of Ayesha Takia's exit these days. The news is that the young starlet is planning to bid goodbye to tinsletown in order to marry her beloved. When we tried to check it with Ayesha, she just completely blasted all the reports.

Why is the media so hell bent on me taking a premature retirement from acting? I have just started my career and have a long way to go as an actress," laments petite actress Ayesha.

"Farhan Azmi and I are mentally married to each other already, so we don't feel the need to hurry up with the ceremonies. Yes, I will quit films when I marry. I will not be able to manage a career and my home. I think marriage is very important in life. But that is long time away.

Ask her about her 'Shadi Se Pehle' experience; where she had to share the space with Mallika Sherawat and she tells, "Mallika's presence doesn't bother me at all. I am confident about my role and that's all that matters. I have no scenes with her, so I have no clue about her nature."

Ayesha will also be seen in Naseeruddin Shah's directorial venture, 'Yun Hota Toh Kya Hota' about which she says" Working with him is an honour. It feels great when someone like Naseeruddin Shah offers you a film saying that he thinks you are a good actor.

Ayesha made her debut with Abhay in 'Socha Na Tha', directed by Imtiaz Ali. The film didn't make much of a mark, but their chemistry was quite adorable. Imtiaz has signed her again for 'Geet' but this time around, she'll be paired opposite Bobby Deol.