Indian Idol 6

Why didnt II 2 recreate magic this year? - Page 2

Poll

What ws the main reason behind this season being a damp squib?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

craZEEinlove thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
I think II2 is grrreat!!!! dunno wat ur talkin bout
sonaahana thumbnail

Originally posted by: ReXLoVeR

I think II2 is grrreat!!!! dunno wat ur talkin bout

Right now it might seem that but the outcome is always fab!Thats wat happened last time!

Zee i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kothra thumbnail
hi
all of these to some extent
huzi
swt.smile thumbnail
I relly think it's coz of the voting ...
sonu_nigamfan thumbnail
all this will b forgotten if Karu becomes Idol coz he is a gr8 singer.............
bsb-star thumbnail
i think this year was based tooo much on performances initially-wen it shud have been singing. but as we have seen in the later rounds-the singing factor did not matter eitha
anonmember thumbnail
All of the options to some extent. But the ones that stand out are:

1) Too many music-based reality shows on TV (II1, FG, SRGMP and others) SRGMP affected II2's popularity too. Last season, II1 was a novel concept so it did well w/regards to TRPs and number of votes.

2) Not enough focus on talent and music. American Idol's prime focus is always music, which is why its doing well in its fifth season. Having a personality like Simon helps as well. 😉 Anyway, for music lovers, II2 offered nothing new, the gala themes were very ordinary and run-of-the-mill. They didn't do justice to some of the talent on the show. For people who enjoyed the drama and politics of FG, there wasn't as much in II2 I guess, at least not btw contestants. The judges tried to create controverisies but it all came across as very contrived, fake and boring.

Better singers overall, a more genuine dedication to music (from the producers, judges, hosts) would have made a difference.
giggles_2005 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonyaee

All of the options to some extent. But the ones that stand out are:

1) Too many music-based reality shows on TV (II1, FG, SRGMP and others) SRGMP affected II2's popularity too. Last season, II1 was a novel concept so it did well w/regards to TRPs and number of votes.

2) Not enough focus on talent and music. American Idol's prime focus is always music, which is why its doing well in its fifth season. Having a personality like Simon helps as well. 😉 Anyway, for music lovers, II2 offered nothing new, the gala themes were very ordinary and run-of-the-mill. They didn't do justice to some of the talent on the show. For people who enjoyed the drama and politics of FG, there wasn't as much in II2 I guess, at least not btw contestants. The judges tried to create controverisies but it all came across as very contrived, fake and boring.

Better singers overall, a more genuine dedication to music (from the producers, judges, hosts) would have made a difference.

Well said Sonya...I agree 100%...only another thing I want to add...have already mentioned this before I think...but all those hair color, pizza, clothes, coke ads make the show look very frivolous...and so do the music duh celebreties....it has become more of a Tamasha than a serious talent hunt show!!

abhi_fan thumbnail
Another thing i wanna mention is that the celebrity judges in II2 were not good...they just made an appearance on the show for the sake of promoting their own films/shows. But the celebrity judges in II1 (like Sanjay Leela Bansali, Kajol, Juhi Chawla) were really good...they actually paid attention to the performance of the contestants and made very intelligent comments.
giggles_2005 thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhi_fan

Another thing i wanna mention is that the celebrity judges in II2 were not good...they just made an appearance on the show for the sake of promoting their own films/shows. But the celebrity judges in II1 (like Sanjay Leela Bansali, Kajol, Juhi Chawla) were really good...they actually paid attention to the performance of the contestants and made very intelligent comments.

totally agree....👏