Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

'Good work always reach people's hearts'

sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Sonu Nigam has come a long way to reach the present limelight. He took up bit roles in films to support himself and acted as a child artiste in several films. He also sung with his father Agam Kumar at birthday and wedding ceremonies in Delhi. His passion for singing took him to Mumbai at the age of 18. And he was shot to fame for his song "Accha Sila Diya Tune Mere Pyar Ka" for the film 'Bewafa Sanam'. Today, he is the icon of the youngsters. Now, he shares his experiences with you.

Excerpts from the Interview:

You've become a youth icon among singing aspirants. Comment.

I had not noticed this until two years ago when Shaan told me many of the song contestants sang on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa were mine. Now, when I'm a judge, I realise contestants tend to sing my difficult songs like Tera jadoo chal gaya, Zindagi maut na ban jaye and Satrangi re. I've now begun to realise that good work always reaches people's hearts. So I just do my work.

Do you feel challenged enough as a singer?

I don't think the film industry is able to provide sufficient oppurtunities for me, So I have to create my own challenges. This year I have some great songs in Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Jaan-e-Man, Fanaah, Salaam-e-Ishq, Krisshh, Umrao Jaan and Don. But I miss the challenge I experience when I sing a classical song and I've to work on a particular harkat or alaap.

Future plans?

I'm doing too many things. I love the feeling of being in demand. I'm not passionate about anything except music. I'm blessed to have so much work. But I miss the glory attached to playback singing.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters