dolly1000 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
SALMAN KHAN TO ROCK WORLD

By Aira - Eye TV India Bureau

In the News

click for larger view
Salman Khan is always in the news! Be it controversies, his hair problem, relationships or films. This time though the reason for him to be in the news is that he will soon be dawning an image of a Rockstar!! Rockstar is world tour, which starts in April. It will be going to USA, Canada, the UK and Europe. The theme of the tour is being a rock star. Salman Khan will certainly rock these countries, but with him are other stars as well. Accompanying him will be John Abraham, Zayed Khan, Shaahid Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Esha Deol and Mallika Sherawat. For a whole lot of them, it's their first ever world tour.

We asked Salman Khan about the preparations for the tour. He said, "The preparations are all done. The choreography has been done; the skit has also been rehearsed quite a bit. SO we are all prepared. Now we have less than a month to polish our pieces. But if they do put us on stage today, we are prepared to do our best." For the younger brigade, they are all looking up to Salman Khan as the real Rock Star of the tour. We quizzed Salman about this idolism that they have. " I consider them to be my seniors, as all of them are fast moving, they live on the age and the kind of experiences they have had in such a short span of their career is amazing," said the brash Khan.

The tour will have lots of dance sequences and a variety of dances for the audiences to really enjoy the show. We asked a few stars how they feel about their first world tour. "It's going to be a high octane, high energy show, with a humorous skit. I am very excited as the real rock star Salman Khan is also in the tour. I am hoping for some great audience and a fabulous tour," says Zayed Khan who will be seen in funky costumes and his trademark glares. For Esha Deol as well, it's going to be a new experience. "I am very, very thrilled about the tour. And I am friends with Zayed and all so it will be good fun."

For Shaahid and Kareena, it's a good way to spend some time together, see the world and get paid for it. And both of them are also super excited about the tour.

But the coolest of them all, John Abraham, is looking for much more. " I think I can learn a lot from Salman as to how to have a proper stage presence, how to deal with huge audiences. And stage is something completely different, there are no retakes. As far as the others who are my contemporaries, it's an opportunity to work together as one big family. SO I am really looking forward to this tour."

The itinerary of the tour is as follows:

Dubai 13 April,
Calgary 21 April,
Los Angeles 22 April,
Vancouver 23 April,
Detroit 28 April,
San Francisco 29 April,
Dallas 30 April,
Houston 5 May,
Atlantic City 6 May,
Orlando 7 May,
Atlanta 12 May,
Washington 13 May,
Boston 14 May,
Chicago 19 May,
New York 20 May,
Toronto 21 May,
Amsterdam 25 May,
Birmingham 28 May,
London 29 May.

So check out when the rock stars are coming to your country or to your city and book your tickets in advance!